PDA

View Full Version : Led zepellin

syf350
12-01-2013, 1:05am
Watching the concert they did a couple years ago.

Why the hell aren't they doing more? Seems like I heard plant was the one who didn't wanna play anymore?

Milton Fox
12-01-2013, 1:22am
I have the DVR going... :thumbs:

syf350
12-01-2013, 2:39am
What a show. Not that they need it, but those guys could write their own paycheck if they did more.

Sea Six
12-01-2013, 5:03am
What a show. Not that they need it, but those guys could write their own paycheck if they did more.

Same as ABBA.

Giraffe (He/Him)
12-01-2013, 5:35am
Led Zeppelin. Man he's great. :cert:

Sea Six
12-01-2013, 6:32am

He's right up there with Uriah Heep, Jethro Tull, and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

All four of those guys could run circles around any of the modern "artists."

Giraffe (He/Him)
12-01-2013, 6:42am

:funnier::funnier:

Leonard Skinard rulz!

Dan Dlabay
12-01-2013, 9:14am
I would love to see Led Zeppelin get back together for a reunion tour of the U.S. I would go see them one more time. As for Lynyrd Skynyrd IMO they were the #1 southern rock band. When Ronnie Van Zant and Steve Gaines was killed in the 1977 plane crash the band although good was just not the same.:cert:

Cybercowboy
12-01-2013, 10:30am
I saw the Unledded tour in '96 at Kemper Arena in Kansas City. Page, Plant, and I think John Paul Jones was there too. It kicked total ass. The KC Philharmonic was there for Kashmir, with sheet music! At the very start of the show a dude dressed like a Tibetan monk came out with a little rug about 3' square. He put the rug down and stood on it the entire show. His job, apparently, was to play Page's guitar portion of every song exactly like Jimmy played it in the original recording. That let Jimmy go off on any tangent he wanted, and it worked brilliantly. Probably the best concert, musically, I have ever seen. And afterwards we all partied like rock stars back at the hotel, about 20 friends and I were there together.

And if you ever get a chance to see Heart in concert, go. They do several Zepplin covers during their show and do a fantastic job.

MrPeabody
12-01-2013, 12:33pm
And as an extra bonus, it's the Devil's music.:rofl:

WGGS-TV 16 Greenville, SC Praise The Lord Show Jan and Paul Crouch play Led Zeppelin backwards!!! - YouTube

syf350
12-01-2013, 12:35pm
I saw the Unledded tour in '96 at Kemper Arena in Kansas City. Page, Plant, and I think John Paul Jones was there too. It kicked total ass. The KC Philharmonic was there for Kashmir, with sheet music! At the very start of the show a dude dressed like a Tibetan monk came out with a little rug about 3' square. He put the rug down and stood on it the entire show. His job, apparently, was to play Page's guitar portion of every song exactly like Jimmy played it in the original recording. That let Jimmy go off on any tangent he wanted, and it worked brilliantly. Probably the best concert, musically, I have ever seen. And afterwards we all partied like rock stars back at the hotel, about 20 friends and I were there together.

And if you ever get a chance to see Heart in concert, go. They do several Zepplin covers during their show and do a fantastic job.

Seems like I remember seeing a zep tribute deal not too long ago and they were in the audience. Can't remember which Wilson, or maybe both, did a song and did an unbelievable job. :cheers:

Sea Six
12-01-2013, 12:41pm
And as an extra bonus, it's the Devil's music.:rofl:

WGGS-TV 16 Greenville, SC Praise The Lord Show Jan and Paul Crouch play Led Zeppelin backwards!!! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9uANJR1qRg#t=13)

:funnier:

I was 12 or 13 when all that crap came out. Backwards masking!! ZOMG !!! :ohnoes:

What a load of garbage. :funnier:

Sea Six
12-01-2013, 12:46pm
Popeye played backwards is also a fine example of the Devil's music. :seasix:

Popeye the sailor man backwards - YouTube

MrPeabody
12-01-2013, 12:47pm
Seems like I remember seeing a zep tribute deal not too long ago and they were in the audience. Can't remember which Wilson, or maybe both, did a song and did an unbelievable job. :cheers:

It was a Kennedy Center awards program, they were both there. I saw Heart in Reno a few years ago and their encore was What Is And What Should Never Be, a fairly obscure LZ song, if there is such a thing. They nailed it perfectly. I have no doubt the Wilson sisters and their band could probably play pretty much the entire LZ catalog.

_Nomad_
12-01-2013, 3:03pm

All four of those guys could run circles around any of the modern "artists."

You forgot Pink Floyd, that dude rox!

MrPeabody
12-01-2013, 3:06pm
You forgot Pink Floyd, that dude rox!

And by the way, which one's Pink?

And don't forget Jethro Tull. That guy played a mean flute.

Sea Six
12-01-2013, 3:25pm
And by the way, which one's Pink?

And don't forget Jethro Tull.

I didn't. He's in my original post. :)

MrPeabody
12-01-2013, 3:28pm
I didn't. He's in my original post. :)

Third Irish Coffee goin' on here.:shots::D:leaving:

Sea Six
12-01-2013, 3:33pm
Third Irish Coffee goin' on here.:shots::D:leaving:

:funny:

I've been zipping around on my minibike this afternoon. Irish Coffee sounds good right now.

MrPeabody
12-01-2013, 3:36pm

I've been zipping around on my minibike this afternoon. Irish Coffee sounds good right now.

If I got on a minibike right now I'd go all Paul Walker in a hurry.:leaving:

MrPeabody
12-01-2013, 3:38pm

Oh, and the secret to good Irish Coffee is real whipped cream. Go to the store and buy whipping cream. None of that crap out of an aerosol can. I got just about everyone in the family hammered before noon. Wired, too, with fresh ground espresso beans. Gonna be a great dinner.:shots:

Sea Six
12-01-2013, 3:39pm
Meh. I love the taste of Cool Whip.

That's what I use.