PDA

View Full Version : saturn

Chuck A
11-15-2013, 9:47pm
hopefully some one can help , my sons 2000 saturn ls2 seems to spit out the gas when he pumps it, he constantly needs to stop filling any ideas what would make that happen, his tank is not full

Chuck A
11-15-2013, 9:50pm
it happens when i overfill it on my Huyndai, but he says his car still needs more fuel, very interesting indeed

JRD77VET
11-23-2013, 9:37pm
My '01 Suburban requires the nozzle to be in a specific location to pump correctly. Just in far enough to move the flap works for me :seasix:

Try that :yesnod:

m and t's77
11-23-2013, 9:38pm
Charcoal canister might be plugged.

Chuck A
11-24-2013, 4:26am
thanks guys , he has it figured out as one of you guys said, he needs to position the nozzle in a specific way

Chuck A
12-18-2013, 6:05pm
figures he started hearing a noise from the front drivers side, Meineken said it was a bad strut, Pep-boys said it was a bad axle , our mechanic said it was a bada bearing, replaced the bearing, noise still their, brought it to a tire shop changed front drive noise gone, i just dont know what to say

Chuck A
12-18-2013, 6:06pm
freaking car is dead he said its making a swish sound when trying to start, yes the car is being towed as we speak, when will this end

m and t's77
12-18-2013, 8:08pm
figures he started hearing a noise from the front drivers side, Meineken said it was a bad strut, Pep-boys said it was a bad axle , our mechanic said it was a bada bearing, replaced the bearing, noise still their, brought it to a tire shop changed front drive noise gone, i just dont know what to say

Your mechanic needs a better dartboard.:lol:

Chuck A
12-19-2013, 8:50am
well now we are trying out a different shop hoping for the best, i love the way my son looks at me as to when the bill comes hes expecting me to pay AGAIN!!!

DropTheTop
12-19-2013, 9:08am
well now we are trying out a different shop hoping for the best, i love the way my son looks at me as to when the bill comes hes expecting me to pay AGAIN!!!

:confused5: What do you expect, you're an enabler.
I used to crawl around in junk yards looking for used parts to fix my first couple rides, or I'd be going to NAPA and ordering/installing new parts.

Are those days really gone forever???

Chuck A
12-19-2013, 10:14am
I used to crawl around in junk yards looking for used parts to fix my first couple rides, or I'd be going to NAPA and ordering/installing new parts.

he makes 8.25$ a hour and only works 22 hours a week, he cannot afford anything, besides he will be paying me back, slowly but he will pay me back.

m and t's77
12-19-2013, 10:46am

Finding a pick your own part junkyard is getting tougher to find nowadays.And junkyards are not such the bargain anymore with taxes,EPA enviroment charges...etc
You are better off finding what you need online either at Rock Auto or even Amazon.Found new Timkin hub bearings there for the best price anywhere.

Chuck A
12-20-2013, 3:27pm
well i just got the call the mechanic says that the eingine has no compression he is thinking the timing belt went out of whack, heres come the money tree
very sad, indeed

Chuck A
12-23-2013, 11:36am
saturn is heading towards scrap yard

m and t's77
12-23-2013, 5:18pm
saturn is heading towards scrap yard

:sadangel:

DukeAllen
12-23-2013, 5:25pm
I'll miss this soap opera.

Chuck A
12-24-2013, 8:08am
i told him that i heard w weird noise from his car figured he would handle it, ended up it was a belt, that led into the timing going out of whack, that bend all the valves, total repair bill 3800$
very sad, indeed car was clean and well clean, now its going to the scrap yard