PDA

View Full Version : Now this is a great way to do business

MEC5LADY
10-09-2013, 8:21am
I bought some chairs and they will be delivered today. When I bought the furniture they gave me a timeframe for delivery and confirmed it two days before expected delivery. The cool thing is the store has a system that you can text them the day of delivery and they will give you updates on the drivers route so you will know when a deliveries are made and they will be at your house. Also, they have a website you can log into and see when they finish deliveries on the way to your house if you don't want texts saying each delivery is completed.
Now if a furniture store can do this why can't companies and repairmen do the same thing? Why should we have to sit around waiting for someone when all we should have to do is log on and see when they will actually be at our house?

Sea Six
10-09-2013, 9:05am
I'll post my answer between 2pm and 4pm today.

Unless you would prefer a different two-hour time slot.

mrvette
10-09-2013, 9:10am
With today's cphone tech, why bother with the .net over it,?? a simple phone call works wonders....my wife schedules service calls/punch work for her son in law....working with a prop mgmt co. she schedules within a hour time frame....

she knows how long it takes to say fix a toilet/disposal/faucet/outlet, etc....

:cert:

FasterTraffic
10-09-2013, 10:09am
I'll post my answer between 2pm and 4pm today.

Unless you would prefer a different two-hour time slot.

SeaSix will actually post his answer at 4:08 PM. That is, unless you happen to not be sitting by your laptop at 2:00 PM, in which case SeaSix will post the answer at 2:02 PM.

Cybercowboy
10-09-2013, 10:22am
A delivery company can easily add value to the thing they primarily do - make deliveries. A plumber can easy add value to the thing they primarily do - plumbing. FedEx can provide tracking for packages because that's what they do - deliver packages. Asking a plumber to provide updates of a plumbing job's progress on a web site does not make sense of course, but that's essentially what it would take for you to know where he's going to be in the next two hours.

If a plumber worked for a larger outfit with office personnel who could perhaps keep a website updated in real-time, it could be possible, but most of these guys are way too small and not computer savvy.