PDA

View Full Version : Issue of U of Alabama sororities excluding blacks

Olustee bus
09-25-2013, 9:22am
There is a big issue about that here in Alabama. Some Black students supposedly not asked to join. I don't know the issue that well but I did want to share this with my friends here.

First if all, These girls "just want to have fun". If the allegations are true, I don't put the blame these fine young ladies. The blame should go somewhere else.

Secondly, I know it is way expensive to be in a sorority. Or at least I think it is.

And finally, I know there are black only sororities at UA.

Having said that, this just looks wrong to me. I am just referring to the photos. Not the article.

Alabama will not release names of students who pledge during continuous open bidding | al.com (http://blog.al.com/tuscaloosa/2013/09/alabama_will_not_release_names.html#incart_m-rpt-2)

What do you think?

DAB
09-25-2013, 9:26am
If you have to rent friends, are they really friends? Can you make someone be your friend by force?

C5SilverBullet
09-25-2013, 9:34am
If you have to rent friends, are they really friends? Can you make someone be your friend by force?

:rolleyes:

Sea Six
09-25-2013, 9:44am
I wanted to join a fraternity back in college, but they wouldn't let me in because I already had a personality of my own.

Doug28450
09-25-2013, 9:45am
I wanted to join a fraternity back in college, but they wouldn't let me in because I already had a personality of my own.

So you came here to annoy us.

Sea Six
09-25-2013, 9:47am
So you came here to annoy us.

Glad to see it's working. :dance:

Doug28450
09-25-2013, 9:52am
Glad to see it's working. :dance:

You don't annoy me as much as that other guy does.

DAB
09-25-2013, 9:56am
You don't annoy me as much as that other guy does.

so i'm winning? :hurray::hurray: :dance::dance:

RED-85-Z51
09-25-2013, 10:01am
As long as black clubs can be allowed to exclude white membership...then white clubs should be allowed to exclude black membership...that road goes both ways.

As for the chicks in the pictures....I can only hope that Panty raids are conducted by guys wearing full hazmat suits with self contained breathing apparatus, and doublr thick gloves...and hazmat sealed containers...cause them some nast y looking chicks..

onedef92
09-25-2013, 10:57am

I was a member of a cannabis-smoking fraternity in college called Bowl Phi Bowl. :rasta:

Sea Six
09-25-2013, 10:59am
I was a member of a cannabis-smoking fraternity in college called Bowl Phi Bowl. :rasta:

I started a new one called I Tappa Keg.

onedef92
09-25-2013, 11:15am

There's a popular one called I Tappa Slimmie, too.

Dave
09-25-2013, 11:17am
Didn't understand the appeal of frats & sororities when I was in college and still don't to this day

Olustee bus
09-25-2013, 1:07pm

WTF happened?

Olustee bus
09-25-2013, 1:09pm
At my small State University, Frats and Sororities were just beginning. It was billed as the friendliest campus in the south at that time. Don't know how it is now.

DJ_Critterus
09-25-2013, 3:56pm

When I was on the college radio years ago, we started a free Fraternity (Iota Echo Pi --I eat pi) and a Free sorrority (Iota Echo Pi 2) with the motto "You don't have to pay to be our friends.

Yeah, the frats loved us :rolleyes:

_Nomad_
09-25-2013, 6:00pm
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/Nomad_Pix/Forum%20pics/RollTide_Wallace.jpg

DAB
09-25-2013, 6:20pm
when i was in college, it was a hoot to have breakfast on saturday in the fall in the chow hall, all the guys would be rumpled, half awake, and here came all the girls, all dolled up, heading north to frat row to see who wanted them and who they wanted to hang around with. the rest of the year, not so dressy on saturdays.

LisaJohn
09-25-2013, 6:53pm
This is old news. It's been going on for decades.
It is very expensive to be in a sohority or fraternity. The hority girls and frat boys are very easy to spot in Tuscaloosa. I don't think it will ever change because it's all about the money. I know lots of local kids, including my son, who attended and graduated from UA that were not in sororities or fraternities.
If you are in a sohority or frat it's usually because your parents or grandparents were in the same one and you have "old" money and you are from out of town.

Just my .02.

Giraffe (He/Him)
09-25-2013, 6:57pm

You guys sucked. I majored in street pharmacology at Bong State . We kicked ass.

Allan
09-25-2013, 7:35pm
I Tappa Keg.

I Felta Thi :yum:

...Whitepower...
09-25-2013, 7:57pm
I hate frats. My roommate all 4 years in college was in the football frat. I saw what he went through..

Worked out well for me as I was cool with all his pledge brothers from day 1 so I always knew the guys working the doors and security at all the bars. I got the benefit of the doubt.:rofl:

Datawiz
09-25-2013, 8:26pm
Didn't understand the appeal of frats & sororities when I was in college and still don't to this day

Same here. Was president of my 15 story dormitory, and an RA for two years. Felt no need to be part of the clique machine.

College for me was about expanding my brain, not expanding the notches on my bed post, not that it suffered for notches, but I never needed a frat to "fit in".

Frizzle
09-25-2013, 8:35pm
dam most of those chicks are not hot at all... lots of chunky or skinny fat girls... :ack:

I had several roomates that were in frats... I was an athlete so we were kinda like our own frat and between my friends who were in them and my team I had plenty of fun with out paying fees.

Dave
09-26-2013, 6:55am
When I was on the college radio years ago, we started a free Fraternity (Iota Echo Pi --I eat pi) and a Free sorrority (Iota Echo Pi 2) with the motto "You don't have to pay to be our friends.

Yeah, the frats loved us :rolleyes:

Sigma Phi Nothing was just getting some traction when I was in school.

ΣΦØ
Why rush? Relax...