PDA

View Full Version : Outbreak!

Munch
10-28-2009, 6:43pm
My boss calls me today and asks "have you been in close proximity of so and so lately?" So and so is a girl and immediately I think I'm getting nailed for some BS sexual harassment thing. I tell my boss I haven't really been around so and so and she tells me that so and so is in the hospital under quarantine for das swine flu!

So now everyone is gonna die, except me cuz I am anti social and don't hang out at the office! HA! :seeya:

On a side note: the company was going to give us all flu shots and stuff but they canceled it due to budget constraints. heh.

wwomanC6
10-28-2009, 8:59pm
A lot people around here w/ the swine flu. Droppin like flys :ack: Not good!
Weve already had the regular flu shot. Should be getting the swine shot soon!:(

Neutron
10-28-2009, 9:08pm
I think I'm immune to the swine flu. :cool:

wwomanC6
10-28-2009, 9:26pm
I think I'm immune to the swine flu. :cool:

What makes ya immune? You root in the mud w/ piggies?:winky:

Neutron
10-28-2009, 9:39pm
What makes ya immune? You root in the mud w/ piggies?:winky:

That, and I was hanging out with someone for a week when they had it.. It didn't affect me.. :cool:

MYSCZ06
10-29-2009, 12:34am
who the heck would name thier kid "so and so"... :moon: ona side note good to hear you dont have the swine flu!

DropTheTop
10-29-2009, 10:13am
I have a lousy immune system around cold a flu season, so I'm not too happy about this whole swine bull ****. :(

Yamma
10-29-2009, 10:16am
I have a lousy immune system around cold a flu season, so I'm not too happy about this whole swine bull ****. :(

you and me both. I'm disinfecting everything at my desk a couple times a day - loading up on vitamins, cutting out junk food even more....anything that will prevent me from catching it.

Cobra4B
10-29-2009, 11:19am
My work gave out flu shots for free this year... I got one for the first time in a long long time and bam I get sick for the first time in a long time.

One of the things they don't tell you is that when you get vaccinated your immune system is compromised for nearly 2 weeks because it's busy fighting off what it sees as an attack of whatever you're getting vaccinated for. So... your far more suseptable to other stuff.

We've got a virus circulating through the office... 50%+ are getting it and everyone has to miss 1 or 2 days of work when the fever sets in... after that you're fine.

Kind of ironic that work paid for the flu shots to help out since we're in such close quarters, but people are getting sick w/ something else as a result.

Maybe next year the should stagger the shots and do them in 2 week intervals.

Munch
10-29-2009, 4:18pm
3 people out at work now. They sent one guy home this morning! The plague has a foothold here!

xXBUDXx
10-29-2009, 4:30pm
I went to the doc this morning. I have the flu (non-piggy form) and strep throat. :ack: