PDA

View Full Version : Can't Drive 55: Slow driver won't get license back, court rules

NeedSpeed
08-20-2013, 1:47pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Court of Appeals won't return the driver's license of a man who lost it for driving too slowly on state highways.

Fifty-nine-year-old Gary Constans says he doesn't understand why authorities have a problem with his driving. He says it's not like he's smoking or drinking while driving. He just goes slow to save on gas and avoid hitting "critters." That way, Constans says he'll have time to brake should an errant animal cross his path.

The Lester Prairie man has gotten nine warnings about his driving. The St. Paul Pioneer Press says in one case, police say Constans was doing 30 to 45 mph on a highway with a 55 mph speed limit.

The appeals court on Monday said Constans' disregard for traffic laws creates dangerous driving conditions for others.

:party:

Slow driver won't get license back, court rules | kare11.com (http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1036328/396/Slow-driver-wont-get-license-back-court-rules)

C5SilverBullet
08-20-2013, 1:51pm
Good for them, slow drivers are very dangerous.

Norm
08-20-2013, 1:53pm
Slower drivers are a menace in the roads, we see it every day. Besides restricting traffic flow, causes some aggressive driving as well, and we know where that leads to. Too many stupid people on the road.

ApexOversteer
08-20-2013, 2:37pm
So, just what is the minimum speed limit on a 55mph maximum limit road?

Stangkiller
08-20-2013, 2:41pm

:iagree: that's what I was thinking, unless there's a minimum speed posted, what's the limit? I thought the speed limit was the fastest you could drive on an optimal condition day.

While I agree that he shouldn't impede the flow of traffic...if all he's received is warnings, what actual laws was he breaking?

mrvette
08-20-2013, 2:42pm

Should not be less than 45 anyway....

down here, the worst are the folks that let 60'+ develop from them and the car ahead of them.....only doing 50, WTF???

them and the texting crap.....

:issues:

DAB
08-20-2013, 2:46pm
he may be able to avoid hitting a critter, but some drivers will be challenged to not hit him.

Mike Mercury
08-20-2013, 3:05pm
on state highways

He just goes slow to save on gas and avoid hitting "critters."

that's fine; take side streets... and stay off the feckin interstates.

DukeAllen
08-20-2013, 3:09pm
I'm relieved. I thought this was about Sammy Hagar wearing depends and going off to the 'home.

Mike Mercury
08-20-2013, 3:11pm
I thought this was about Sammy Hagar wearing depends and going off to the 'home.

http://www.awesomeoff.com/images/entries/mainview/sammy-hagar-cant-drive-55.jpg

Yerf Dog
08-20-2013, 3:18pm
"Doesn't drive and play well with others."

DukeAllen
08-20-2013, 3:29pm
http://www.awesomeoff.com/images/entries/mainview/sammy-hagar-cant-drive-55.jpg

Looks like it was good for both of them :rofl: