PDA

View Full Version : What country for you if the situation in the USA continues to deteriorate?

99 pewtercoupe
06-30-2013, 2:43pm
Started here
http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/off-topic/53587-look-into-future.html

Where would you go to retire or if things really got bad enough here in the USA that you felt it was better to leave?

Seems like some of the most popular places people are moving to retire are Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, Thailand, Malaysia. Some of the traditional 'western" spots like Spain and Portugal have really fallen out of favor due to their economic problems.

If not moving to retire in a low cost environment but moving because this country has totally lost it's way...where to?

Discuss?

...Whitepower...
06-30-2013, 2:52pm
http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/off-topic/32482-so-lets-say-youre-thinking-relocating-another-country.html

kingpin
06-30-2013, 3:03pm
You're all welcome here just stay the **** off my grass!

99 pewtercoupe
06-30-2013, 3:04pm
You're all welcome here just stay the **** off my grass!

Lawn or stash? :dance:

MrPeabody
06-30-2013, 3:54pm
You're all welcome here just stay the **** off my ice!

Fixt.

kingpin
06-30-2013, 4:08pm
You're all welcome here just stay the **** off my wife!

Fixt.

:D

78SA
06-30-2013, 6:41pm
Iceland.

Bucwheat
06-30-2013, 6:48pm
Australia for me.

DukeAllen
06-30-2013, 6:55pm
Find me a deserted island in the middle of nowhere that happens to have high speed internet and I'll be happy.

ASTROCREEP
06-30-2013, 7:00pm
Taiwan is treating me well and I could see myself retiring here. Cheap-ish to live here and plenty of eye candy to go around. Close flight to all the hot spots in SE Asia.

Only thing that could change this place significantly is big bad China making a move but I really don't see that happening anytime soon.

JRD77VET
06-30-2013, 7:01pm
How 'bout you just get the **** out and vote :slap:

I'm getting really tired of "my vote doesn't mean anything so I'm not going to bother". That stupid attitude is just like two votes for the other side :kick:

lspencer534
06-30-2013, 7:26pm

I'm getting really tired of "my vote doesn't mean anything so I'm not going to bother". That stupid attitude is just like two votes for the other side :kick:

I vote in every election. But we conservatives are in the minority now, it seems. Out Turn-out percentage is good, but the numbers are against us. I hate to see it, but our faction has to move closer to the center to survive. That includes changes in position on immigration, gay rights, Government hand-outs, abortion, and lots of other things. Do you know of an alternative?

jda67gta
06-30-2013, 7:33pm

More people that can't read are able to vote than those that can. So....:kimblair:

JRD77VET
06-30-2013, 7:33pm
More people that can't read are able to vote than those that can. So....:kimblair:

Plus us honest folks only vote once :banghead:

Millenium Vette
06-30-2013, 8:10pm
I vote in every election. But we conservatives are in the minority now, it seems. Out Turn-out percentage is good, but the numbers are against us. I hate to see it, but our faction has to move closer to the center to survive. That includes changes in position on immigration, gay rights, Government hand-outs, abortion, and lots of other things. Do you know of an alternative?

Yes, as a matter of fact. How about the conservatives, and Republicans for that matter, stop letting the Democrats define who they are. Until that changes, nothing else is going to make a difference. Turn out for the Republican party was terrible for the 2012 election. Romney did not energize the base to get out and vote. If they run Jeb the next time, the same thing will likely happen. We have had enough Bushes for a while.

slewfoot
06-30-2013, 8:14pm
Started here
http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/off-topic/53587-look-into-future.html

Where would you go to retire or if things really got bad enough here in the USA that you felt it was better to leave?

Seems like some of the most popular places people are moving to retire are Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, Thailand, Malaysia. Some of the traditional 'western" spots like Spain and Portugal have really fallen out of favor due to their economic problems.

If not moving to retire in a low cost environment but moving because this country has totally lost it's way...where to?

Discuss?

Alafknbama!:rofl:

LisaJohn
06-30-2013, 8:21pm
:toetap:

slewfoot
06-30-2013, 8:25pm

I've heard this argument a hundred times. I just agree to disagree. I'm 57 and just shy of 40 years of voting eligibility and never set foot in a voting booth. Before you call me unpatriotic, lets add 20 years a Army Pilot.

My wife of the past twenty feels the same way as probably most of you but she leaves it alone. Wise woman.

Electoral College is one.
50% to 49% is another. How the fk can this be? How can there be a split like this? How can you get a general collection of lets say 500 people and have a 50/50 split dem-gop?

Rigged elections. 4 years ago here in Albuquerque, a Mayoral election, Incumbent was a Dem, another guy stayed in the race as a Dem thus taking the votes away from the incumbent and the GOP guy won it. How is this not fixed?

Wife feels if I don't vote, I can't complain. Constitution says I can.

JRD77VET
06-30-2013, 8:34pm
I've heard this argument a hundred times. I just agree to disagree. I'm 57 and just shy of 40 years of voting eligibility and never set foot in a voting booth. Before you call me unpatriotic, lets add 20 years a Army Pilot.

My wife of the past twenty feels the same way as probably most of you but she leaves it alone. Wise woman.

Electoral College is one.
50% to 49% is another. How the fk can this be? How can there be a split like this? How can you get a general collection of lets say 500 people and have a 50/50 split dem-gop?

Rigged elections. 4 years ago here in Albuquerque, a Mayoral election, Incumbent was a Dem, another guy stayed in the race as a Dem thus taking the votes away from the incumbent and the GOP guy won it. How is this not fixed?

Wife feels if I don't vote, I can't complain. Constitution says I can.

Thank you for voting for Obama :slap:

99 pewtercoupe
06-30-2013, 8:39pm
My wife and I do vote in every election but often joke about it being an excercise in futility. Voting anything other than Democrat in Ilinois is wishful thinking.

Craig
06-30-2013, 9:43pm
A guy I work with makes his home in Singapore, he loves it but I believe he's got a couple million to retire on, and a wife that's a native. Still, he tells me his 1600 SF condo cost 500K, and his tiny Toyota is about 16k a year to register. But there's almost zero crime (because they execute everyone). He says everything you really need: rent, food, beer, is pretty cheap, and they speak Engrish.

FasterTraffic
06-30-2013, 10:09pm
My wife and I do vote in every election but often joke about it being an excercise in futility. Voting anything other than Democrat in Ilinois is wishful thinking.

Ditto California. Orange County (and a few others) are trying to shovel high tide back into the ocean.

Bill
06-30-2013, 10:42pm
Ecuador.....I'll be hanging out sipping Cuba Libres with Assange and Snowden.

:bill_daniels:

island14
07-01-2013, 6:41am
http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/off-topic/32482-so-lets-say-youre-thinking-relocating-another-country.html

Oh yeah I remember that one now..

The Kidney Stone thread :Jeff '79:

NCC-1701
07-01-2013, 6:49am
Australia for me.

I agree...or Costa Rica..or Panama.. how about we just eliminate what cause the problems here and deport the problems and if they reappear eliminate them too.

island14
07-01-2013, 6:51am
I made my choice of the Philippines years ago, a few things I liked about it before going that I had heard were.

English is the second language, and Most people also speak English (Bullshit)

Many do, but most don't....

The Money exchange is great for the US dollar (It use to be)

A beach house can be rented cheap. (hard to find one for rent)

And of course I always liked Asian girls, so thought... why not just go to the factory where they make them? :island14:

I am about as far off the grid as you can get and still have internet, and electric most of the time, but thinking of moving to a less populated island one of these days.

When my kids are all out of school, I have also thought about getting a boat big enough to live on and just travel the 7000 islands here for a few years.

Stangkiller
07-01-2013, 7:00am
I'll just hunker down in rural Texas.

mrvette
07-01-2013, 8:04am
At age 69, I"m too damn old to worry over it much, just feel sorry for my kids, that's all......

:sadangel::issues:

C5SilverBullet
07-01-2013, 9:31am
:tx:

Madmikeee
07-01-2013, 10:05am

I vote all the time but I am outnumbered by illegals

Oh and I'd move to Texas :)