PDA

View Full Version : A look into the future...

lspencer534
06-30-2013, 1:04pm
2015: The Democrat-controlled Senate, House of Representatives, and Presidency enact the "Deficit Reduct Act of 2015", which provides that the savings and investments of every American making over $100,000 a year will be used to pay down the burgeoning deficit. The NSA years ago recorded which citizens will be affected and in what amount, so compliance is expected to be 100%. The law remains effective forever, thus assuring that the deficet will eventually be paid in full. The Obama administration insists that it is not a tax.

2018: Following the success of the aforesaid Deficit Reduction Act, a similar law was passed requiring all citizens making $50,000 a year or more will pay the excess over that amount to the U.S. Treasury for redistribution to those more needy. The Democrat-controlled Presidency predicted that no American will ever go needy again and, according to President Jesus Jiminez, that is why ample Government programs are in place to prevent poverty. He hailed the law as a step to accomplish the long-needed equality of all Americans.

The remaining 10 Republicans in the Senate have pointed out the the law does not restrict benefits to citizens but simply applies to all person living in this Country. Their dissent is likely to be ignored.

2023: President Abdul Nasser Poindexter announced that following the death of the final Republicans in the Senate and House of Representatives, both chambers would be dissolved and replaced with a Presidential Panel to be known as The Panel to Reflect Diversity in America. President Brown said that since all laws now have no dissenting votes, the Panel would promote efficiency in government.

2029: President Kevin Keith Escalade announced the implementation of the Mandatory Same-Sex Marriage Law. Husbands and wives tearfully part, awaiting gay spouse assignment.

Jeff '79
06-30-2013, 1:06pm
:notfunny:

Sea Six
06-30-2013, 1:39pm
Once the permanent Progressive supermajority begins in the House and the Senate, and then the Supreme Court, and a permanent Democratic Presidency follows, I expect things to get far worse than that.

99 pewtercoupe
06-30-2013, 1:42pm
Time to start looking at retiring outside of the good old USA

Sea Six
06-30-2013, 1:50pm
I'm thinking Costa Rica or maybe Thailand. Possibly the Philippines.

G8rDMD
06-30-2013, 1:53pm

As sad as this is to admit, I'm thinking along the same lines. I've got 20 or so years until retirement, though...

lspencer534
06-30-2013, 1:54pm
I'm thinking Costa Rica or maybe Thailand. Possibly the Philippines.

You might want to start your on thread on this, but I for one would appreciate someon's research on good places outside the U.S. to retire. I'm particular interested in housing costs, cost of living, taxes, crime, etc.

OddBall
06-30-2013, 1:59pm
They say New Zealand is a nice place

99 pewtercoupe
06-30-2013, 2:00pm
You might want to start your on thread on this, but I for one would appreciate someon's research on good places outside the U.S. to retire. I'm particular interested in housing costs, cost of living, taxes, crime, etc.

Good idea!

m and t's77
06-30-2013, 2:19pm
So in other words your version of ...Directive 10-289

78SA
06-30-2013, 2:51pm
A few years ago that would have been a joke. :sadangel:

Sea Six
06-30-2013, 2:55pm
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JgJR1nlZjhI/UaIBiK0mDrI/AAAAAAAAuE8/Fusy0dVysoU/s640/pleads+the+fifth.png

OddBall
06-30-2013, 3:12pm
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JgJR1nlZjhI/UaIBiK0mDrI/AAAAAAAAuE8/Fusy0dVysoU/s640/pleads+the+fifth.png

serious

_Nomad_
06-30-2013, 4:04pm

Belize

English speaking
No extradition treaty with U.S.
Private banking
Low cost of living
Tropical paradise

See ya there.

lspencer534
06-30-2013, 4:08pm
Belize

English speaking
No extradition treaty with U.S.
Private banking
Low cost of living
Tropical paradise

See ya there.

Nice! Any disadvantages?

_Nomad_
06-30-2013, 4:17pm
Nice! Any disadvantages?

No Starbucks, but I see that as a plus. YMMV.

lspencer534
06-30-2013, 4:21pm
No Starbucks, but I see that as a plus. YMMV.

I've never been in a Starbucks in my life and don't care to. Why would I want to pay $7 for a cup of coffee?

FasterTraffic
06-30-2013, 4:21pm
Nice! Any disadvantages?

Crime, apparently.

Organized crime beyond street gangs is primarily connected to drug trafficking or trafficking in persons. Incidents of crime remain high, including violent crimes such as armed robbery, home invasions, shootings, stabbings, murders, and rapes. The Embassy has noted an increase in crimes against tourists at resorts and on the roads and river ways. U.S. citizens are primarily the victims of opportunistic crime. There is no evidence suggesting criminals specifically target U.S. citizens, but nonetheless, foreigners have been targeted for crime due to their perceived wealth. Incidents of crime (such as theft, burglary, home invasion, purse-snatching, and pick-pocketing) increase during the winter holidays and during spring break. Several victims who resisted when confronted by criminals received serious injuries, including gunshot wounds and broken limbs. Although the majority of reported incidents occur in Belize City, particularly southern Belize City, crime may occur anywhere including tourist destinations such as San Pedro Town (Ambergris Caye), Caye Caulker, San Ignacio, Dangriga, Corozal, and Placencia.

Belize recorded 145 homicides in 2012, a record number. With a population of only 312,698 according to the 2010 country census, Belize’s per capita homicide rate of 46 homicides per 100,000 inhabitants in 2012 ranks among the highest in the world. While the country’s per capita homicide rate is still lower than that of other Central American countries, such as Honduras and El Salvador its year-on-year increase is of concern.