PDA

View Full Version : Coffee with a scoop of butter please

Ms.Gem
06-28-2013, 4:57am
Seriously?? WTF?? Yeah no thanks. :ack: :willy:

The “Bulletproof” plan calls for Upgraded coffee, MCT (medium chain triglycerides) and grass-fed butter.
Butter makes everything taste better and now it's the driving ingredient behind a new coffee fad said to boost energy and increase weight loss.

But there's a catch: you have to use the right coffee and butter.

"Just putting butter into bad coffee is a bad idea," Dave Asprey, executive of the Bulletproof brand and blog told the Daily News.

"I realized if you want to drink something that tastes good and also makes you feel good and lose a lot of weight, you need to do something with precision," he said of his high-performance-yielding Bulletproof Upgraded coffee.

The results are in the Bulletproof recipe, which calls for three ingredients: Upgraded coffee, MCT (medium chain triglycerides) coconut palm oil and grass-fed butter.

"It's a magic combination of these three things," Asprey said of his Bulletproof plan which has attracted followers of the "paleo" diet -- a nutritional plan focused on eating animal proteins and fats according to a "Today" show report.

A 3/4-pound bag of Upgrade coffee retails for $18.95.

"I re-engineered the process of making green coffee, it's called the Bulletproof process and it affects how the coffee is grown, how it's treated and how it's shipped to the U.S. It's a huge difference," he said of his upscale medium roasted beans which retail at $18.95 for a ¾-pound bag.

On average, a cup contains around 100 to 200 calories depending on the amount of added butter.

Asprey attributes the brain power effect to his Upgraded brew which is free from mycotoxin (mold toxins).

"You feel like yourself when you're done drinking."

Read more: Adding butter to coffee increases energy: coffee executive* - NY Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/adding-butter-coffee-increases-energy-coffee-executive-article-1.1384539#ixzz2XSLA6Vbx)

Sea Six
06-28-2013, 6:19am
That's pretty bizarre.

Giraffe (He/Him)
06-28-2013, 6:21am
Coffee sucks to begin with. I don't know how people drink that shit.

Rob
06-28-2013, 6:27am
I like coconut oil in my coffee

CP
06-28-2013, 8:39am
Customer: This coffee tastes like mud.

Waitress: Well, it should. It was ground last night!

:rofl:

C5Nate
06-28-2013, 8:50am
:crazy:

We put a pinch of salt on top of the dry grounds when I make a pot of coffee. Cuts any bitterness and makes for a smoother cup of coffee. IMHO - YMMV.:shots:

Ms.Gem
06-28-2013, 9:35am

Nobody asked you to come into my thread and bitch. :kick: GTFO:kick:

Sea Six
06-28-2013, 11:48am

Spank him!!! Break up a good sweat while you do it!!!

The_Dude
06-28-2013, 11:56am
I use half and half, which is almost butter, right?

Giraffe (He/Him)
06-28-2013, 11:56am

Pay attention nutpuffer; I'll post in whatever thread I please. And if it happens to be in one of your shitty, useless POS threads, I'll post twice.

No spastic twatted dickdumpster tells ME what to do.

Kerrmudgeon
06-28-2013, 12:30pm
Pay attention nutpuffer; I'll post in whatever thread I please. And if it happens to be in one of your shitty, useless POS threads, I'll post twice.

That's probably the RUDEST reply I've seen on this forum, and to a woman no less! Who the feck shit in your cornflake this morning. Go and harass someone else ****head! :slap:

The_Dude
06-28-2013, 12:35pm
That's probably the RUDEST reply I've seen on this forum, and to a woman no less! Who the feck shit in your cornflake this morning. Go and harass someone else ****head! :slap:

I'm guessing there must be some backstory to that.

jaxgator
06-28-2013, 12:36pm

You must not come here very often. Thomas and Ms. Gem have been picking on each other for quite some time now. It's all in jest.

Kerrmudgeon
06-28-2013, 12:37pm
I'm guessing there must be some backstory to that.

Nothing justifies a reply like that Dennis.

Giraffe (He/Him)
06-28-2013, 12:58pm
Mind your own business Kerr-plunk. This doesn't concern you. :rolleyes:

Kerrmudgeon
06-28-2013, 1:08pm
Mind your own business Kerr-plunk. This doesn't concern you. :rolleyes:

There's fun and then there's one step over the line Tom-ass. :slap:

Giraffe (He/Him)
06-28-2013, 1:16pm
There's fun and then there's one step over the line Tom-ass. :slap:

You the forum conscience now asshat? No?

If Sarah wants to end this jousting, all she's gotta do is speak up and it's over. :cert:

In the meantime? Mind your own business. Bitch.

Thunder22
06-28-2013, 1:26pm

:iagree: I've had maybe 3 cups of coffee in my life, can't even stand the smell of it.

jaxgator
06-28-2013, 1:30pm
:iagree: I've had maybe 3 cups of coffee in my life, can't even stand the smell of it.

You wouldn't like living here then. We have a Maxwell House plant here and there are days when the coffee smell is really strong in the air. Personally, I love it.

Mirroredshades
06-28-2013, 1:33pm

Wow Thomas. How do you really feel?

The_Dude
06-28-2013, 1:33pm

Not all coffee is the same. I like really good coffee, but can't stand the stuff that's served in most restaurants. My definition of really good coffee isn't same as most peoples though.

Kerrmudgeon
06-28-2013, 1:36pm
It wouldn't be morning without the rich smell of coffee brewing in the kitchen. Love it, and nothing finishes a beautiful meal like an espresso or cappuccino! :needcoffee:

Mirroredshades
06-28-2013, 1:39pm
You the forum conscience now asshat? No?

If Sarah wants to end this jousting, all she's gotta do is speak up and it's over. :cert:

In the meantime? Mind your own business. Bitch.

It's not often that I agree with Kermie but you are a worthless troll douchebag. Please go fcuk yourself into a coma.

:seasix:

Wathen1955
06-28-2013, 1:46pm
Jesus! Can't we all get along?

If people would have just IGNORED Thomas's thread, it would have probably have stopped. I could care less if he likes or dislikes coffee or if anyone else does for that matter.

Giraffe (He/Him)
06-28-2013, 1:47pm
That's it Barn. I'm out. :cert:

And Sarah? If I stepped over, I apologize. I wish you would have spoken up.

Peace everyone.

kingpin
06-28-2013, 2:45pm
I think Thomas, Kermie and SHades should get a room.
Mrs. Gem can video tape it.

Mirroredshades
06-28-2013, 2:49pm
I think Thomas, Kermie and SHades should get a room.
Mrs. Gem can video tape it.

Jeaulous ? You can come too.

:grouphug:

kingpin
06-28-2013, 2:51pm
Jeaulous ? You can come too.

:grouphug:

:hurray:

Can I bring my buddy?

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k507/mike4452/Sea-gay_zps071b2147.jpg

Mirroredshades
06-28-2013, 2:54pm
Oh he'll yeah KingFizzle.

:homo:

Torqaholic
06-28-2013, 3:40pm
I use half and half, which is almost butter, right?

Not sure what that is but I use evaporated... Damn near turns into cheese if you don't refridgerate it :rofl:

oyealiz
07-02-2013, 9:43pm

Where have you been? Thomas and Ms Gem have been joking with each other like this for months. I assume Sarah's been ok with it as she continues to pick on him unmercifully...and vice versa.

As for the thread topic, I don't drink coffee at all, but butter in it sounds even worse than normal. :lol:

Mirroredshades
07-05-2013, 2:46pm
ORLY? Well then let me just say....

http://iqkme.me/3qexzv.jpg

Well bless your heart you miserable old, ASSuming, douchnozzle. Yours has to be the most epically ignorant response to something posted I've ever seen. Even JoeCooool hasn't posted something so blatantly retarded. I'd ask you what seat you used on the short bus, but it's clear to everyone you're the friggin' driver. The real question is why haven't you changed your colostomy bag? It appears it's full and can't get all the crap out of your hyper-turd producing system. Now go down a bottle of Geritol, get some ky jelly and fondle that tiny, ramen noodle between your legs till you finally crack a smile. Then you can come back and joy the rest of the group, dipchit. :issues:

Oh, and have a nice day. :D

I feel somewhat offended that you left me out. Dillhole.

:cuss:

Mirroredshades
07-05-2013, 3:17pm
Look f'tard. I now only have time to deal with w/doucherocket per day. Today's not your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either. So how about you play hide-and-go-f-yourself till your number is called. K. Thanks. :kick:

Ahh. Much better. Thanks.

Cybercowboy
07-05-2013, 3:30pm
Is now the time to talk about Gary Taubes? :leaving:

RED-85-Z51
07-05-2013, 3:35pm
Guys...Lets be Serious. Joebass demands it.

Kerrmudgeon
07-05-2013, 4:38pm
ORLY? Well then let me just say....

http://iqkme.me/3qexzv.jpg

Well bless your heart you miserable old, ASSuming, douchnozzle. Yours has to be the most epically ignorant response to something posted I've ever seen. Even JoeCooool hasn't posted something so blatantly retarded. I'd ask you what seat you used on the short bus, but it's clear to everyone you're the friggin' driver. The real question is why haven't you changed your colostomy bag? It appears it's full and can't get all the crap out of your hyper-turd producing system. Now go down a bottle of Geritol, get some ky jelly and fondle that tiny, ramen noodle between your legs till you finally crack a smile. Then you can come back and joy the rest of the group, dipchit. :issues:

Oh, and have a nice day. :D
*join

:yawn:.....is that all you got?

Cybercowboy
07-05-2013, 4:47pm
He some flaming health loser like Richard Simmons?

No.

C5Nate
07-05-2013, 5:13pm
Is now the time to talk about Gary Taubes? :leaving:

The "Sugar is poison" guy?

Sea Six
07-05-2013, 6:46pm
I think it's the "Why We Get Fat" guy.

lspencer534
07-05-2013, 6:57pm
Thomas is not accepting PMs, so I guess he's serious about leaving. That's too bad.

Millenium Vette
07-05-2013, 7:01pm
Thomas is not accepting PMs, so I guess he's serious about leaving. That's too bad.

Indeed. Thomas is a great guy.

Woody
07-05-2013, 7:04pm

Peace everyone.

Can we get the title changed to "coffee with a scoop of bitter" :seasix:

Cybercowboy
07-05-2013, 10:34pm
The "Sugar is poison" guy?

Eh, that's one way of characterizing him. Not necessarily inappropriately. Sugar, and other simple carbs, are what make us fat. End of story.

Craig
07-05-2013, 10:36pm
Eh, that's one way of characterizing him. Not necessarily inappropriately. Sugar, and other simple carbs, are what make us fat. End of story.

I just assumed it was the beer...

vetteman9368
07-05-2013, 10:36pm
Can we get the title changed to "coffee with a scoop of bitter" :seasix:

Maybe "biter" would be more appropriate.

American Made
07-05-2013, 10:39pm
I hope Thomas comes back. I enjoyed his style. :waiting:

Truck Guy
07-06-2013, 9:22am
Look f'tard. I now only have time to deal with w/doucherocket per day. Today's not your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either. So how about you play hide-and-go-f-yourself till your number is called. K. Thanks. :kick::lol: Nice! :rofl: <<<saving this whole reply to use on Skia some day>>> :D

syf350
07-06-2013, 10:27am

I agree. Like I said in the other thread, I don't think we'll ever see eye to eye politically, but outside of that I enjoyed him being here. Great sense of humor. who doesn't like a dog guy with sexy hair? and he seemed to be a pretty good pitcher taker.

Thomas, if you lurking step back in. Don't let one person keep you away.:cheers:

Millenium Vette
07-06-2013, 10:40am
I agree. Like I said in the other thread, I don't think we'll ever see eye to eye politically, but outside of that I enjoyed him being here. Great sense of humor. who doesn't like a dog guy with sexy hair? and he seemed to be a pretty good pitcher taker.

Thomas, if you lurking step back in. Don't let one person keep you away.:cheers:

*picture? or did you mean it the way it is....:leaving:

Mike Mercury
07-06-2013, 11:04am

Peace everyone.

that was a great reply Thomas.

ya know; what's missing is the " :)" ... or some sorta just joking indication... in threads

If people want to have "personal/private play" on a public forum - it would be beneficial to the other thousand-or-so to know it's all in jest.

I appreciate each time TxAg adds :D in a response.

Truck Guy
07-06-2013, 3:14pm

ya know; what's missing is the " :)" ... or some sorta just joking indication... in threads

If people want to have "personal/private play" on a public forum - it would be beneficial to the other thousand-or-so to know it's all in jest.

I appreciate each time TxAg adds :D in a response.:yesnod: Skia and I have done that for over 12 years.
Every once in a while we needed to let people know we we're just kidding.....or were we? :lol:

MrPeabody
07-06-2013, 3:24pm

I appreciate each time TxAg adds :D in a response.

**** You.:D

Mirroredshades
07-06-2013, 9:28pm
Just for the record Thomas, I didn't want you to go away either. Feel free to quit being such a pu ssy and come back to VB.

Doug28450
07-06-2013, 9:30pm
Thomas is not the first member that Robbie has run off.

MrPeabody
07-06-2013, 9:33pm
Thomas is not the first member that Robbie has run off.

I don't keep up with real names. Who's Robbie?

Doug28450
07-06-2013, 9:37pm
I don't keep up with real names. Who's Robbie?

Kermuddgeon, or however it is spelled.