PDA

View Full Version : A guy i know's receipt from Arby's the other night..

...Whitepower...
06-27-2013, 9:57am
Can you guess what his name and ethnicity is??:rofl:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1001038_10200487260358748_407032466_n.jpg

DAB
06-27-2013, 10:03am
and his brother Hozbee

Bill
06-27-2013, 10:04am
Yo friend be named Jose. He's Mexican or Cuban. What do I win?

C5SilverBullet
06-27-2013, 10:08am
:lol::lol::lol:

island14
06-27-2013, 10:12am
Teyana sounds like a nice Irish name.. :leaving:

Mike Mercury
06-27-2013, 10:17am
Should I try to pay a few hundred dollars to change my names to sound as white as possible?

My university and high school diploma all has my ethnic name, so if I make a new name like "Robert" in quotation before my real first name on online job application, would that make sense? Or would it be better to put "Robert" without putting my real first name?

Or would that be weird because all my green card and social security card notes my real name?

answers:

How ethnic is your name? Is it very difficult for people to pronounce? Do your friends and family call you by an English name? If not, stick with your real name. I deal with a lot of candidates with ethnic names. Some are real hard to pronounce. One of my candidate's first name is Semereluul. Can you pronounce that properly? He told me to just call him "Sem."

it would be better for you to put a common English name in quotations beside your first name.

That's what most of the Chinese-born coworkers I have do.

No you should not try to change your names to "sound as white as possible", I understand you are running into dead ends with regard to employment however you should be proud of your name and heritage (whatever that may be).

Fasglas
06-27-2013, 10:21am

:rofl:

onedef92
06-27-2013, 10:27am

On the real, she could be a descendant of the Moors from modern day Morocco. They ruled a good part of Spain for a hundred years or so and became part of the blood line.

...Whitepower...
06-27-2013, 10:30am

My kid loves Dora. She mispronounces Diego's name all the time. She call's him Dago. I keep on waiting for her to say it around my wifes Italian friend..:D

simpleman68
06-27-2013, 10:54am
My kid loves Dora. She mispronounces Diego's name all the time. She call's him Dago. I keep on waiting for her to say it around my wifes Italian friend..:D

:funnier:
Kids are good for that kind of stuff at the wrong time.
Scott

...Whitepower...
06-27-2013, 11:01am
Scott

I got a vid of it on my phone.. Its comical.

RedLS1GTO
06-27-2013, 11:04am
Just... wow.

mrvette
06-27-2013, 11:09am

Then crack the old joke about the Italian tires.....they go BANG, wop wop wop wop.......:rofl:

island14
06-27-2013, 11:11am
On the real, she could be a descendant of the Moors from modern day Morocco. They ruled a good part of Spain for a hundred years or so and became part of the blood line.

Never know..

My oldest Son is named Chico... :yesnod:

island14
06-27-2013, 11:17am

My oldest daughter here (age 8) loved Dora!

She had the Dora Doll, Dora Backpack, Dora Clothes, the Dora Shoes even.

She called him Dago also.. :lol:

I don't think your friend would be bothered, might chuckle a bit.

If you are in Australia you don't wanna say Wog around them though. :yesnod:

mrvette
06-27-2013, 11:21am
My oldest daughter here (age 8) loved Dora!

She had the Dora Doll, Dora Backpack, Dora Clothes, the Dora Shoes even.

She called him Dago also.. :lol:

I don't think your friend would be bothered, might chuckle a bit.

If you are in Australia you don't wanna say Wog around them though. :yesnod:

WOG??? I don't get the reference......:waiting:

island14
06-27-2013, 11:35am
Scott

They sure are.... :lol:

A friend of mine got pulled over by the police years ago because his 4 or 5 year old kid was standing up in the back seat.

The cop told him the kid needed to be seated, and in a seat belt, the father agreed but told him I try, and try, and try, he just wont listen!

The cop put on his best stern voice of command and told the little boy to site down, and he always has to wear a seat belt from now on. :toetap:

The little kid said....

**** that cop!

Think ole Dad wasn't doing a face palm???? :island14:

:rofl:

DJ_Critterus
06-27-2013, 11:42am
Scott

*spew* Remember the celebrity jeaopardy skit when Sean Connery is told not to use racial slurs and then fires back to trebeck about something and his Dago mustache? :funnier:

island14
06-27-2013, 11:50am
WOG??? I don't get the reference......:waiting:

Mannnnnnn.... I don't get it either, It's an Australian thing..

I know an Italian Aussy guy who just laughs about it, he was the one who told me that a lot don't like the reference they use to use years ago towards Greeks and Italians there.

He even named his store Woggy's..

I mentioned it to a Aussie Italian friend of mine Sid, that lives here in the Philippines and his eyes were rolling around in his head.

You could tell he was fuming hot, and he told me that he got in lot's of fights as a kid over that slang word.

When I told him about the other Aussie/Italian guy even naming his store Woggys, he replied

"he must be a low life piece of trash!"

I didn't ask anymore, he knew I was Naive about it.. so did not take offense.

island14
06-27-2013, 11:54am
I got a vid of it on my phone.. Its comical.

Post it!

I'm sure it's cute.. :lol:

C5Nate
06-27-2013, 11:59am
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5727490048/hB89DA5BB/