PDA

View Full Version : Of Grave Concern: Woman unable to afford funeral, buries husband in backyard

onedef92
06-25-2013, 11:31am
Woman unable to afford funeral, buries husband in backyard

Jun 20, 2013

APPLE VALLEY, Calif. -- An Apple Valley, Calif., woman, 59, apparently buried her husband in her backyard after he died, claiming she could not afford a funeral, authorities said.

The body of the man, 63 when he died several weeks ago, was found in a shallow grave behind the couple's home, the Los Angeles Times reported Thursday.

"The distraught female said the man died at home and she did not have the resources to give him a proper burial," the San Bernardino County, Calif., Sheriff's Department said in a statement, adding there was no sign of trauma to the body.

The woman and her deceased husband were not identified.

DAB
06-25-2013, 11:33am
so she really digged him?

Vet4jdc
06-25-2013, 11:39am
Why is it ALWAYS a shallow grave? Can't someone just dig the normal 6'?

onedef92
06-25-2013, 11:42am

"All that I once loved lies in a shallow grave...." - Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m111/onedef92/Arcade%20hits/frank-bg1_zps85598bde.jpg

Used to love the synthesized voice in that Frankenstein pinball machine when it said that during "Attract Mode" and shit. Anybody got that mofo in 'dey garage or mancave?

Burnt C6
06-25-2013, 11:44am
Now if she had only done this in Canada the poeple who due it up would have had to pay for it.

Kerrmudgeon
06-25-2013, 2:50pm
Now if she had only done this in Canada the poeple who due it up would have had to pay for it.

:slap:.....WRONG!

But, most countries have a pauper's graveyard and funerals for the poor. She's probably not all that poor if she owns a house, just a cheapskate! . :toetap:

...Whitepower...
06-25-2013, 3:01pm
How did Po-Po find out?

mrvette
06-25-2013, 3:06pm

But, most countries have a pauper's graveyard and funerals for the poor. She's probably not all that poor if she owns a house, just a cheapskate! . :toetap:

How did Po-Po find out?

She may 'own' a house but it's BK'ing her to pay TAXES on it, then turn around and pay a mortgage on it for some funeral director to make a killing (pun intended) on it, and some grave yard to sell a plot for some 5 grand???

then to lose the retirement check on top of it???

NFW......

THAT is the reality check folks.....

:sadangel:

C5SilverBullet
06-25-2013, 3:08pm

"Add up the numbers above of the casket and the plot and you're int he $30,000 range. This is on the cheap side because there are other factors that are not taken in: transportation to the mortuary (most insurance doesn't cover that), body prep, transportation of the body tot he ground, burial costs, and then there's the viewing and the reception. Many mortuaries are coming up with package deals that include all of these fees and the viewing in one price. "

Jobaka
06-25-2013, 3:13pm

Apple Valley is at the southern edge of the Mojave Desert. The ground is about as hard as cement. It would take 3 grown men and a small boy the better part of a week to dig 6 feet down in that shit. The guy was lucky that his 59 year old wife didn't just lay him out on the ground and cover him with a tarp.

mrvette
06-25-2013, 3:13pm
"Add up the numbers above of the casket and the plot and you're int he $30,000 range. This is on the cheap side because there are other factors that are not taken in: transportation to the mortuary (most insurance doesn't cover that), body prep, transportation of the body tot he ground, burial costs, and then there's the viewing and the reception. Many mortuaries are coming up with package deals that include all of these fees and the viewing in one price. "

Cremation, one price BY LAW.....300 bux MAX.....

scatter the ashes as family wishes, THEY do it......

rebuilt a house some years ago, found cremation remains on top of a water heater or HVAC.....into the dumpster with the rest of the tear out crap....

who cares?? really???:issues::seasix:

VITE1
06-25-2013, 3:43pm
She claims to not have the money. Yet no one knows who they are. Sorry but given the way so many things are now days she's either lying or an idiot.

C5SilverBullet
06-25-2013, 4:03pm
Cremation, one price BY LAW.....300 bux MAX.....

scatter the ashes as family wishes, THEY do it......

rebuilt a house some years ago, found cremation remains on top of a water heater or HVAC.....into the dumpster with the rest of the tear out crap....

who cares?? really???:issues::seasix:

Maybe in Florida, but it is at minimum $700 in Houston.

Kerrmudgeon
06-25-2013, 5:21pm

Whatchu talkin 'bout Willis.......500$ for a cremation, scatter the ashes in the back yard, avoid problems! Who wants to buy a house with a grave on it? :ack:

Burnt C6
06-25-2013, 8:02pm

Was refering to this little jewel. http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/off-topic/53037-quick-martha-cover-them-back-up-couple-find-skelton-gets-5-000-bill.html

Craig
06-25-2013, 9:02pm
Since I'm ex military I've got a freebie coming. I've instructed my wife not to pay one penny. And if the government gives her any crap, drop me off, in the middle of the night, at the doorstep of the closest Navy recruiting office.

ft laud mike
06-26-2013, 12:39am
How did Po-Po find out?

smell?..:leaving:

mrvette
06-26-2013, 7:03am
Was refering to this little jewel. http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/off-topic/53037-quick-martha-cover-them-back-up-couple-find-skelton-gets-5-000-bill.html

Was the skelton RED????

mrvette
06-26-2013, 7:05am
Maybe in Florida, but it is at minimum $700 in Houston.

I know of no law anywhere governing that price, but I think 300 should be the lawful price.....not that big a deal to it, really....:kick:

StaticCling
06-26-2013, 7:09am
I know of no law anywhere governing that price, but I think 300 should be the lawful price.....not that big a deal to it, really....:kick:

Yeah, it ain't rocket science. :Jeff '79: