PDA

View Full Version : Faces of Death: Wife learns of husband’s death on Facebook

onedef92
06-25-2013, 11:25am
Wife learns of husband’s death on Facebook

Posted on: 2:31 pm, June 24, 2013
Updated on: 04:23pm, June 24, 2013

PRINCE GEORGE COUNTY, Va. – A Virginia woman can’t understand why she learned news about her husband’s death in jail, not through officials, but through Facebook.

“My brother called me to tell me it had been posted on Facebook, that my husband had hung himself,” Samantha Starr tells our sister station WTVR.

“The medical examiner puts his time of death at 6:15 a.m. I found out about 7:45 a.m.,” Starr said.

She said she is upset about how she and other family members learned of Victor’s death. She wants someone at Riverside Regional Jail held accountable for the information getting out and for not contacting her in a timely fashion.

“I’m outraged, I think there needs to be more done. Families need to be contacted before anything is leaked,” Starr said. “Whether it’s an inmate or whether it’s a corrections officers. I should have been notified one way or another, without Facebook.”

Starr said she does not know if there was a phone call made to someone who posted it originally or if the post came from someone inside the jail. Either way, she said she wants an explanation.

When contacted to answer some questions, CBS 6 was told jail officials had “no comment at this time.”

Victor Starr was arrested in May after a domestic dispute with his wife. Family members said Starr was dealing with personal demons and said they thought he was under a suicide watch in the jail.

“Be Victor a monster or be he not one, he still deserves some respect,” Samantha Starr said.

snide
06-25-2013, 11:34am
Face(book)s of death.

Burnt C6
06-25-2013, 11:39am
Why are inmates posting on FB? Oh that's right someone snuck an IPhone in there up their ass.

I remember those video back in the 80's. They were great on a Friday night after drinking

onedef92
06-25-2013, 11:41am
Why are inmates posting on FB? Oh that's right someone snuck an IPhone in there up their ass.

I remember those video back in the 80's. They were great on a Friday night after drinking

One of the most unforgettable ones was the chick in the 3-Series Bimmer who died in an avalanche in a sweater and miniskirt. Her stiff, rigor mortised body was recovered by pulling it through her car's sunroof. Unreal.

Burnt C6
06-25-2013, 11:47am
One of the most unforgettable ones was the chick in the 3-Series Bimmer who died in an avalance in a sweater and miniskirt. Her stiff, rigor mortised body was recovered by pulling it through her car's sunroof. Unreal.

Then there was the one where the people would eat live monkeys Brains. They would sit around a table with the monkeys head sticking thru a hole in it.

onedef92
06-25-2013, 12:41pm
Then there was the one where the people would eat live monkeys Brains. They would sit around a table with the monkeys head sticking thru a hole in it.

Then there was the one where Idi Amin of Uganda ordered those rebel mofo's executed on the beach at dawn.

It was wild to see those AK-47 rounds disembowel that one pot-bellied dude as he was tied to the pole. Like watching a watermelon get tossed into a woodchipper.

onedef92
06-25-2013, 1:12pm
Well I'm glad I never saw those vids. :ack:

You peep that shit, especially at an early pre-pubescent age, and I guaranteed you it's indelibly ingrained in your psyche.

I remember FOD was the coming-of-age video series to rent back in the 80's when the VHS craze was the anchor product line of every convenience store counter in town. :yesnod:

Buddies would be like, "you rent Faces of Death yet? I dare you, mofo! I triple-dog dare ya!"

C5Nate
06-25-2013, 1:12pm

Then there was the one where Idi Amin of Uganda ordered those rebel mofo's executed on the beach at dawn.

It was wild to see those AK-47 rounds disembowel that one pot-bellied dude as he was tied to the pole. Like watching a watermelon get tossed into a woodchipper.

Yep, those were the Faces of Death videos.

Are they available on Youtube?

C5Nate
06-25-2013, 1:14pm
Victor Starr was arrested in May after a domestic dispute with his wife. Family members said Starr was dealing with personal demons and said they thought he was under a suicide watch in the jail.

“Be Victor a monster or be he not one, he still deserves some respect,” Samantha Starr said.

Respect, AKA, I be needing some monies for this to ease my's pain.

onedef92
06-25-2013, 1:18pm
Yep, those were the Faces of Death videos.

Are they available on Youtube?

I don't know. But there's a NSFW site called Ogrish.com that showcases some comparable, really jacked-up shit, too. :ack:

I saw some photos of corpses from the aftermath of the Phuket, Thailand tsunami of '04 and they barbecued the feck outta' anything Gregory Nicotero of The Walking Dead fame has crafted to date.

C5Nate
06-25-2013, 1:37pm
I don't know. But there's a NSFW site called Ogrish.com that showcases some comparable, really jacked-up shit, too. :ack:

There used to be a site years ago called "F*cked Up" or something like that. One of the videos showed a petite white, blond, female tourist getting gang raped and beheaded by a tribe of amazons.

ApexOversteer
06-25-2013, 2:51pm

Faces Of Death used recreations and special effects for many of the more famous segments of their videos.

The lady and the lion? Faked.

The bear attack? Faked.

The monkey brains? Faked.

The muslim beheading? Faked.

If you wanted the real deal snuff in the 80's, you had to get Traces Of Death, one time where a knock-off was more real than the real thing.

Yamma
06-25-2013, 2:56pm
Well I'm glad I never saw those vids. :ack:

no kidding. :puke:

C5Nate
06-25-2013, 3:13pm
The monkey brains? Faked.

Monkey brains faked?

You saw them clamp the live monkey in the middle of the table and cut its skull cap off.

ApexOversteer
06-25-2013, 10:44pm
Monkey brains faked?

You saw them clamp the live monkey in the middle of the table and cut its skull cap off.

AMC - Blogs - Monsterfest - Two Insiders Uncover the Not-so-real Faces of Death (http://blogs.amctv.com/monsterfest/2008/05/makeup-artist-a.php)

When it comes to settling decades-old scores, I don't mess around, so I got on the phone with special effects and makeup guru Allan A. Apone. He gladly shared memories of his glory days as a young artist, such as the recipe for monkey brains. "It's cauliflower, with green food coloring and gelatin," he revealed. "That's a sculpture of the monkey's head, and when they hit him on the head and pulled the skin back to break the skull -- which is a plaster cap - people went 'AAAUGH!'"

ft laud mike
06-26-2013, 12:36am

Doubtful, more than likely some other inmate called his family..who told two friends, who told two friends...
Don't know what the jail is culpable for? Everbody has to stop using the phones because a wife beater offs himself? F that, other criminals need to talk to their families, make bail, set up new crimes.. life goes on