PDA

View Full Version : A difficult time...

Aerovette
06-23-2013, 1:08pm
Prayers for my wife and her family please.

My MIL was diagnosed with lung cancer a little over two years ago. After many trreatments of chemo and radiation, she was doing quite well. The cancer has come back with a vengeance however, and last night at a family meeting, it was decided to stop all attempts to fight the cancer and focus on her comfort. We are exploring hospice options. It is difficult to face the mortality of loved ones that are still here and speaking to you, and knowing that these days are precious and few. I will one day face the same thing with my parents, but right now my focus is on my wife. She and her mom are incredibly close.

Your prayers are appreciated.

I pray she has a peaceful, painless passing.

I pray that her dad will be able to endure the loss.

They celebrated 50 years of marriage this past April.

Update: At 9:00 PM June 30th, my mother in law passed away. It was a very love filled but very said departure. I could not feel more sorrow than I do for my wife. They were so incredibly close. My mother-in-law was nothing like the ones they make jokes about. She was an awesome woman and the family values she passed on will endure.

We will miss you "mimi" :sadangel:

Ol Timer
06-23-2013, 1:09pm
Prayers sent.

wwomanC6
06-23-2013, 4:28pm
Prayers for your MIL as she faces the end, and her husband as he tries to deal and accept the pending loss. May the time she has left be filled with love and peace. Best wishes and thoughts to your family as they face this difficult time!

Jeff '79
06-23-2013, 4:32pm
Awww, that tough... I just lost my uncle to lung cancer a little under two months ago. It's tough man... Hang in there...:sadangel:

Sea Six
Very sorry to hear the news. :sadangel:

Olustee bus
Prayers for the sick and the family.

polarbear
06-23-2013, 5:56pm
:sadangel:

snide
06-23-2013, 6:04pm

Grey Ghost
06-23-2013, 6:23pm

Amen. :sadangel:

VITE1
06-23-2013, 6:39pm
:sadangel::sadangel:

JRD77VET
06-23-2013, 6:44pm
Prayers for the entire family during this difficult time :sadangel:

Contact hospice and get it set up. They are the most compassionate and caring folks on the planet. They were a big help when my father in law Irwin was in his last weeks.

They even come and watch your MIL so your FIL can get out for a bit to clear his head. :yesnod:

Jeff

OddBall
06-23-2013, 6:45pm
Make every minute count. My prayers are with your family. Your wife and her dad are going to need someone to lean on. It's going to be tough.

:sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

OddBall
06-23-2013, 6:46pm
Prayers for the entire family during this difficult time :sadangel:

Contact hospice and get it set up. They are the most compassionate and caring folks on the planet. They were a big help when my father in law Irwin was in his last weeks.

They even come and watch your MIL so your FIL can get out for a bit to clear his head. :yesnod:

Jeff

:iagree: They are incredible. I don't know how they do it everyday.

xXBUDXx
06-23-2013, 6:55pm
Try to be strong and remain supportive for her. This time is really going to be tough. :sadangel:

simpleman68
06-23-2013, 7:25pm
Really sad to hear that Jeff. It must be really hard on Kim to have to think living without her mama :sadangel:
We'll keep your family in our prayers and thoughts.
Scott

DukeAllen
06-23-2013, 7:50pm

dwjz06
06-23-2013, 10:03pm
Prayers man.:sadangel: this is rough to deal with.

Aerovette
06-23-2013, 10:45pm
My "thanks" are late. I just got home from the hospital. My wife is staying there tonight to give her dad a break.

Thank you all for the kind words and prayers. It means a lot for strangers, or near strangers to take interest and offer support. Who would think that a common interest in a car would be the vehicle (literally and figuratively) to express that "good" still exists in people and humanity is not lost.

My wife thanks you.

:seasix:

Mike Mercury
06-24-2013, 7:57am
After many trreatments of chemo and radiation, she was doing quite well. The cancer has come back with a vengeance

sad.

onedef92
06-24-2013, 8:22am
O God of resurrection, who raised Jesus Christ from the dead, we pray to you on behalf of Jeff's mother-in-law who is dying.

May she know the comfort of your presence, the power of your love to give life even in the face of death, and the hope of your salvation.

May she be blessed with the presence of family and friends to banish her lonliness and fears, the love of those at Hospice, Inc. who care for her to ease her pain, and the hope of always being remembered by those whom she has loved.

All this we ask through the one who died for us that we might live, Jesus Christ, our Savior.

Amen. :sadangel:

Aerovette
06-24-2013, 11:52am
What's funny is while I've only met one person from CF/VB I don't consider any of you all strangers. :cert:

True enough. Just friends I haven't met yet. :seasix:

NCC-1701
06-24-2013, 2:46pm
Prayers sent...:sadangel:

slewfoot
06-24-2013, 3:56pm

Blademaker
06-24-2013, 5:30pm
Prayers for you and yours. :sadangel:

VetteBoy1979
06-24-2013, 5:48pm
Hang in there man. Prayers for your wife and family. :sadangel:

Aerovette
06-29-2013, 1:18am
UPDATE: My MIL has been in hospice all week. It is an absolutely painful thing to witness. I am having some serious and significant inner turmoil about the process. I am really having a hard time with this and the ache in my heart that I feel when my wife is with her mother is overwhelming. Last night my wife asked me "How does someone live without their mom?". ...heartbreaking.

This woman has been the matriarch of the family and the glue that bonds it together. There are three "big kids" (my wife and her two brothers) and the in laws, along with 8 grandchildren and some of their boyfriends as well as my MIL's two sisters and their kids. There are never less than a half dozen people around her at all times and any time she stirs, someone steps up to her bedside and expresses their love to her. We don't know if she hears or not, but there have been some signs that perhaps she know we are around.

It has been educating and I am very conflicted as a result. Onedef92...please pick up the courtesy phone.

Bucwheat
06-29-2013, 5:00am

Norm
06-29-2013, 5:18am
Sad time, in my thoughts, stay strong.

Ms.Gem
06-29-2013, 7:39am
I truly do understand and it is beyond difficult. You question over and over why and why them. Etc.....I'm sorry you and your family are going through this. I send well wishes for everyone to be able to handle this and find whatever peace and place that is in store. Stay strong.

ConstantChange
06-29-2013, 8:36am
Your MIL and family are in my prayers.

JRD77VET
06-29-2013, 7:50pm
UPDATE: My MIL has been in hospice all week. It is an absolutely painful thing to witness. .............

My late FIL had hospice care his final days in the hospital. I understand the inner turmoil and the whys. Each person gets "X" amount of days here on earth. It's not up to us to know when that time will come. :sadangel:

One thing happened when Irwin passed, he had the most relaxed look as he went. Literally within that same minute, the hospital played a few notes of a lullaby softly over the PA system, signifying another baby was born. :angel:

That did make it slightly easier to accept.

I'll continue to pray for the entire family.

In responce to your wife's question, you just keep going onward remembering all the good things, the good stories and how special it was to get to spend the time with her Mom.

78SA
06-29-2013, 8:22pm

OddBall
06-29-2013, 8:32pm
I know how it is. I know the gut-retching pain and anguish you and your family is dealing with. I wish had the words that would take your pain, but all I have to offer is that I've been down this road, and I'm here to listen and to help if I can.

Prayers sent :sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

DukeAllen
06-29-2013, 9:22pm
You sound like a good son in law, in laws don't always show this much concern. Keep strong. :sadangel:

Craig
06-29-2013, 10:25pm
UPDATE: My MIL has been in hospice all week. It is an absolutely painful thing to witness. I am having some serious and significant inner turmoil about the process. I am really having a hard time with this and the ache in my heart that I feel when my wife is with her mother is overwhelming. Last night my wife asked me "How does someone live without their mom?". ...heartbreaking.

This woman has been the matriarch of the family and the glue that bonds it together. There are three "big kids" (my wife and her two brothers) and the in laws, along with 8 grandchildren and some of their boyfriends as well as my MIL's two sisters and their kids. There are never less than a half dozen people around her at all times and any time she stirs, someone steps up to her bedside and expresses their love to her. We don't know if she hears or not, but there have been some signs that perhaps she know we are around.

It has been educating and I am very conflicted as a result. Onedef92...please pick up the courtesy phone.

That she has this many people at her side in her final hours, is a sign of a life well lived.

You can pick up the courtesy phone any time, He wants to hear from you.

Aerovette
06-29-2013, 11:39pm
That she has this many people at her side in her final hours, is a sign of a life well lived.

You can pick up the courtesy phone any time, He wants to hear from you.

My wife's family is amazing. They make the Walton's look like haters. The nurses and the doctor cannot believe the round the clock vigil and constant flow of people in and out. There are never less than 10 or so people there. She is a very loved woman. My wife and my step daughter are staying in her room tonight. My MIL has NEVER spent one night alone in that room.

73sbVert
06-30-2013, 1:40am

Damn, I hate to hear this sort of thing. :(

Prayers for your family.

dwjz06
06-30-2013, 7:08am

It has been educating and I am very conflicted as a result. Onedef92...please pick up the courtesy phone. I was on hand for this last year as my uncle went through it. You mentioned a rough patch with your wife a while back. It is really special to love and be loved by someone. I hope this brings you two closer, and she sees you in a better and great light for being there to help her through the coming process. Prayers sir.:cert:

Aerovette
06-30-2013, 9:43am
I was on hand for this last year as my uncle went through it. You mentioned a rough patch with your wife a while back. It is really special to love and be loved by someone. I hope this brings you two closer, and she sees you in a better and great light for being there to help her through the coming process. Prayers sir.:cert:

It is amazing how trivial things became, that we once thought so important to argue about. In another thread I had a car accident and any other time, I would have been really upset by it and my wife probably would have too. In relation to all of this, it's just a minor inconvenience. So many things have just become less important. I feel most for her dad. He is afraid to leave the hospital for fear that she will pass without him there.

Thank you ALL whether you posted or simply read this thread. I check it often and appreciate the caring responses.

Superstreet
06-30-2013, 9:49am
My wife's family is amazing. They make the Walton's look like haters. The nurses and the doctor cannot believe the round the clock vigil and constant flow of people in and out. There are never less than 10 or so people there. She is a very loved woman. My wife and my step daughter are staying in her room tonight. My MIL has NEVER spent one night alone in that room.

Sounds like an outstanding and loving woman and family. Prayers to sent. :sadangel:

LilRedCorvette
06-30-2013, 9:54am
So very sorry...really puts things into perspective.

Hospice = angels on earth. So glad they are there to help...sounds like she is surrounded by a great family.

:sadangel: :sadangel: :sadangel:

Aerovette
07-01-2013, 1:57am
Update: At 9:00 PM June 30th, my mother in law passed away. It was a very love filled but very said departure. I could not feel more sorrow than I do for my wife. They were so incredibly close. My mother-in-law was nothing like the ones they make jokes about. She was an awesome woman and the family values she passed on will endure.

73sbVert
07-01-2013, 2:03am
Sorry for your loss.

VetteBoy1979
07-01-2013, 4:18am
Sorry brother. Remember the good times, the fun times, and all the times you shared. May God comfort y'all in this time. We're here man.

VatorMan
07-01-2013, 5:01am
:sadangel::sadangel:

wwomanC6
07-01-2013, 5:42am
Sorry brother. Remember the good times, the fun times, and all the times you shared. May God comfort y'all in this time. We're here man.

:iagree:

NEED-A-VETTE
07-01-2013, 8:14am

dwjz06
07-01-2013, 8:18am

We will miss you "mimi" :sadangel:damn. Sorry to see this sir.:sadangel: On my bday too. Prayers for your wife, and family. She will live on through them.

DukeAllen
07-01-2013, 8:23am
Very sorry to hear. :sadangel:

simpleman68
07-01-2013, 10:00am
Sorry to hear she finally had to go, Jeff. :sadangel:

On a side note, I hope it begins the process of healing for everyone.
She is not suffering and, I believe, is in a wonderful place that no longer involves pain and suffering. :angel:
Scott

Norm
07-01-2013, 10:15am
I think most of us go through this same sadness to one degree or another. We can see that you've lost a very dear member of your family and prayers are forthcoming.

You will have many times of laughter and some sadness as your family sits at the dinning table bringing up old memories, stories, and how each of you had interacted with this cherished person.

My condolences.

JRD77VET
07-01-2013, 6:26pm

Sorry to hear :sadangel:

Please accept my sincere condolences. Give your wife a big hug from this Jeff and I'll continue to pray for the entire family.

Jeff

OddBall
07-01-2013, 6:51pm
My sincerest prayers and condolences :sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

Marc
07-01-2013, 9:08pm
My sincere condolences :sadangel:

snide
07-02-2013, 7:29am
Sorry for your loss. :sadangel:

beadist
07-02-2013, 8:46am
So very sorry for the great loss for your family :sadangel:

Prayers sent to help you all through this very hard time in your life.

8Up
07-02-2013, 8:48am
Prayers for my wife and her family please.

My MIL was diagnosed with lung cancer a little over two years ago. After many trreatments of chemo and radiation, she was doing quite well. The cancer has come back with a vengeance however, and last night at a family meeting, it was decided to stop all attempts to fight the cancer and focus on her comfort. We are exploring hospice options. It is difficult to face the mortality of loved ones that are still here and speaking to you, and knowing that these days are precious and few. I will one day face the same thing with my parents, but right now my focus is on my wife. She and her mom are incredibly close.

Your prayers are appreciated.

They celebrated 50 years of marriage this past April.

I am very sorry for your loss. I will certinly keep your wife and all your family in my prayers.

island14
07-02-2013, 9:02am
I'm sorry. :sadangel:

Yerf Dog
07-02-2013, 11:35am
Sorry for your loss.

jaxgator
07-02-2013, 12:26pm
I missed this thread earlier but am very sorry to hear of your loss.

My mother had lymphoma and had battled it for a couple of years with chemo. She finally decided she was done with the chemo and dad had hospice come out to the house. She essentially committed suicide. The hospice employee was giving her a drink that had morphine in it I believe. She drank it until she overdosed.

I was in the room with her when she sat up in the bed and asked, "Why are you all doing this to me?" It was the strangest thing.

I was also in the room with her when she passed. I'm sure you've heard me say it before but it was the toughest thing I have ever gone through in my life. I miss you mom. :sadangel:

Aerovette
07-02-2013, 1:18pm
I'm honored and humbled by all the support and fortunate to have you as friends.

edit: Not a word of this has been posted "over there" because I knew this is the "supportive" forum, that is the "abusive" forum and I just don't have the tolerance for it right now.