PDA

View Full Version : I was burned on buying a used part on the net.

tomurphjr
10-27-2009, 11:01am
I wasn't going to post this as it's embrassing to me, but I was ripped off and I should have known better.

I know, I know, I should have asked for pics. I think from now on, I'm going to stop being the cheap basta*d and buy new.

If you've got 10-20 minutes to waste, click the link below.

Beware of XplicitPerformance - LS1TECH (http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/negative-trader-feedback/1195791-beware-xplicitperformance.html)

MYSCZ06
10-27-2009, 11:44am
Hard lesson to learn...but he did say he would refund and hasn't what a douche...

tomurphjr
10-27-2009, 11:49am
The thing is, I don't know why I didn't ask for pics. Every other part I have ever bought over in the last 10+ yrs on the net, I asked for pics and I knew EXACTLY what I should be receiving.

I didn't research stalls well enough to know that I didn't get the stall I bought, I didn't ask for pics, I didn't do anything I normally do.

With everything I found on this guy, I might still be in the same situation even if I knew what I was suppose to getting....He seems to be a really shady character.

nedih rotaredom
10-27-2009, 11:59am
I posted this as well on LS1tech............
A reputable company would refund the $$$ on the TC after it comes to light the TC was not as advertised…shame on any company for not doing minimal homework prior to the resell to verify what they were selling…
IMHO, there is some contributory negligence on the buyer for not insisting on pics and asking the right questions………..a lesson well learned I bet eh Tom!

thegreenman
10-27-2009, 1:43pm
The thing is, I don't know why I didn't ask for pics. Every other part I have ever bought over in the last 10+ yrs on the net, I asked for pics and I knew EXACTLY what I should be receiving.

I didn't research stalls well enough to know that I didn't get the stall I bought, I didn't ask for pics, I didn't do anything I normally do.

With everything I found on this guy, I might still be in the same situation even if I knew what I was suppose to getting....He seems to be a really shady character.

That is the problem with a lot of these sites, someone wants a quick buck and don't care about screwing someone. It makes it hard to sell stuff also, I hate dealing with those that want to try to get something for nothing.

Munch
10-27-2009, 1:51pm
Sorry to hear about this Tom. hopefully you can get it cleared up and get what you wanted in the car. Looking forward to hearing about your SC setup.

Z51 Silver Surfer
10-27-2009, 9:39pm
Tom sorry to read what i just did!! I hope it all turns out better for you!

MYSCZ06
10-28-2009, 12:45am
Careful he has alerted the authorities on his end and got his attorney on speed dial...wouldnt be cheaper to give u back $410 then secure an attorney?

tomurphjr
10-28-2009, 7:03am
Careful he has alerted the authorities on his end and got his attorney on speed dial...wouldnt be cheaper to give u back $410 then secure an attorney?

Yes it would. I found his threat to be funny.

MYSCZ06
10-28-2009, 8:01am
Seems like this guy could make life easier and refund you and be done with it..admit he didnt relaly know wtf he was selling!

tomurphjr
10-28-2009, 11:49am
From my understanding, the thread is all over the net.

I had one guy PM this morning with a link to a thread where this guys has the same yank converter for sale. Some guy on that site asked him if it was the same converter he scammed me out of on ls1tech....lol. He hasn't responded.

thegreenman
10-28-2009, 12:00pm
That is good to hear, maybe he won't be able to scam anyone else.

tomurphjr
10-28-2009, 12:10pm
That is good to hear, maybe he won't be able to scam anyone else.

From my understanding, his reputation is ruined. That even some of his local crowd won't have anything to do with him.

MYSCZ06
10-28-2009, 12:35pm
From my understanding, the thread is all over the net.

I had one guy PM this morning with a link to a thread where this guys has the same yank converter for sale. Some guy on that site asked him if it was the same converter he scammed me out of on ls1tech....lol. He hasn't responded.

haha what a tool! him --> :kick: <-- you

nedih rotaredom
10-28-2009, 1:59pm
From my understanding, his reputation is ruined. That even some of his local crowd won't have anything to do with him.

Wouldn't suprise me if you don't get some $$$ back soon........:winky:

MYSCZ06
10-29-2009, 12:27am
me either, but probably wont help him either way he took waaay to long to fix anything and he is a proven liar...

nedih rotaredom
10-29-2009, 6:12am
Yepper...........BUT, he dug his own hole and put it in black & white :hump:

tomurphjr
10-29-2009, 7:03am
I'm not expecting any money from this guy. Especially since it's gone this long and this far.

DropTheTop
10-29-2009, 10:01am
Just got done reading the whole thing - what a douche! He just doesn't get it. :banghead:

Hope you get this resolved, that's some decent mod money right there!

thegreenman
10-29-2009, 10:25am
If anyone Googles the sellers name they will see plenty of bad threads, keep it up.

zz4vetteguy
10-29-2009, 10:46am
Damn Tom, sorry about your luck...I think if it comes to it, between Steve and I, we can find someone to "take care of your problem" for you. :beatup:

Seriously though, I hope everything turns out for you on this man.

tomurphjr
10-29-2009, 12:49pm
Checkout the below thread. They are talking about the issue here and also busted him for changing his "for sale thread" to "NOT" show that he had a yank stall for sale. You have to click the link in the thread to see what I'm referring too.

Buyer Beware. Xplicit Performance - Htownracing - Home of Houston's Fastest Street Cars

By the way, I'm not the OP's brother.

DropTheTop
10-29-2009, 1:03pm
This guy is not changing his tune at all, even with everyone :yell: at him!

tomurphjr
10-30-2009, 7:13am
Someone on another forum mentioned it looks like a Daaco converter. I searched google images and sure enough...it's a Daaco.

http://www.daccoinc.com/index.cfm