PDA

View Full Version : New Track

71corv
10-26-2009, 8:09pm
Have heard from several people that there is the possibility a new road course will be built at the Dinwiddie drag strip location. Said there was land in back of the dragstrip to accommodate this.I have not seen anything on this and am wondering if anyone here has seen any info about the track.Was told this is the same group that planned the track in New Kent.

Gene :drivingskid:

Eagleeye
10-30-2009, 8:04pm
Hey Gene ! Haven't heard that one. My son races quads there so I'll ask him if he's heard anything. Talked with a Supervisor about the new kent land and he said ...still a possibility. The County approved the use with conditions and offer is still on the table but no actions in last few months . Gene

nedih rotaredom
10-31-2009, 6:56am
Proposed for a while as well Gene................I will research next week and se how far the Planning commision has gotten on both:waiting:

71corv
11-02-2009, 8:28pm
I sent the New Kent planner an e-mail about a year ago. Never heard from him. I figured the track was pretty much a no go. The Dinwiddie proposal came from a friend whose sons run cars at the track. The other came from a participant at a local car show (Varina). Said he had seen it on tv. Who knows?Would be nice to have a track in the area.

Gene :hurray:

Eagleeye
11-18-2009, 9:13pm
One of the principals ia a Wayne Hayden of Quintin Va. and another is a female vette owner and Chiopractor in West Point.

71corv
11-20-2009, 8:34pm
Have recently heard that this proposal is to be presented to the Board of Supervisors next month. Track to be approx. 2 miles long. Still seeking more info.

Gene :drivingskid: