PDA

View Full Version : Wish there was more of this...

Wathen1955
03-13-2013, 10:18pm
Woman gets ticket for driving 2 mph under speed limit

A Maryland woman has gotten a very unusual speeding ticket for driving a mere two miles under the speed limit on Interstate 95.

Local NBC affiliate News4 reports that the woman, who asked to keep her name anonymous, was driving 63 miles per hour in a 65-mph zone. Police say the reason they ticketed her was that she was driving in the left lane reserved for speedier commuters.

"[I was] really shocked," she told the station. "I thought, 'Oh my God, you've got to be kidding me.'"

Of course, commuters who get annoyed by someone hogging the right lane might salute the move.

However, the woman noted the area was experiencing heavy winds at the time and she was only driving under the speed limit as a safety precaution. She also claimed to have never been ticketed before.

"Sometimes when it's dangerous, you have to do what you can to stay safe," she said.

She has one ally on her side: the local branch of AAA.

"The reason [the ticket] is silly is because it's sending the wrong message," said John Townsend of AAA Mid-Atlantic. "And that is, 'We will tolerate you driving at more than the speed limit, but it you drive below the speed limit, then you're penalized for that.'"
Woman gets ticket for driving 2 mph under speed limit | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/woman-gets-ticket-driving-2-miles-per-hour-211957738.html)

Lots of people are stupid and drive in the PASSING lane. In CA, the passing lane is typically a normal driving lane, but DRIVE THE FVCKING SPEED LIMIT for christ sake.

PLRX
03-13-2013, 11:03pm
Driving on the left lane at 63 MPH!!

She should be in jail.

We need cops like that one in California.

WW7
03-14-2013, 6:24am
I guess Im going to have to put my foot down a little harder.. I would lose my mancard if I got a ticket for driving under the speed limit with a Corvette...:rofl:...WW

PLRX
03-14-2013, 8:09am
I guess Im going to have to put my foot down a little harder.. I would lose my mancard if I got a ticket for driving under the speed limit with a Corvette...:rofl:...WW

That would be an automatic free pass for a sex change operation.

DukeAllen
03-14-2013, 9:07am
I don't have anything to worry about. I've never seen anyone do under 70 in the slow lane on 95.

Black95
03-14-2013, 10:16am
In SD all our interstates have a 75 speed limit, which means most are doing more!

:driving:

Frizlefrak
03-14-2013, 4:03pm
Under 80 on a Texas Interstate? Either lane, you'd face a firing squad at sunrise.

Sweet 90
03-14-2013, 4:24pm
Under 80 on a Texas Interstate? Either lane, you'd face a firing squad at sunrise.

Is that why you got rid of the '84?:D

DukeAllen
03-14-2013, 4:44pm
Is that why you got rid of the '84?:D

Yeap, it had to be sunrise cause the headlights work as well as the TBI:lol:

PLRX
03-14-2013, 6:15pm

Texas drivers are the best. :seasix:

Arizona got the worst ones. Boy they DO suck.

DukeAllen
03-14-2013, 6:39pm
Texas drivers are the best. :seasix:

Arizona got the worst ones. Boy they DO suck.

Is this just overall suckage or do you have any funny or scary stories?

PLRX
03-14-2013, 6:40pm
Is this just overall suckage or do you have any funny or scary stories?

Half-dozen of cross country trips, and I've driven on 37 states. Yes, I got my scars.