PDA

View Full Version : 2013 427 vert rubs on hard lefts

Danko
03-09-2013, 3:09pm
Bought and parked car, but in storage mode, I drive it around a parking lot and something is rubbing during hard left turns at slow speed. Too fat tires rubbing? Cannot plate and drive to dealer for months but am wondering if someone else has experienced this. I had height adjusters turned on my 2010 and raised it and can see doing same for this car which might give clearance and stop the rubbing? Please, no opinions about raising a Corvette a bit. No hassles needed... just asking for experienced info. thnx!

mike100
03-09-2013, 6:27pm
Is it an actual tire to fender well rubbing or are you describing the full lock tire scrub that C6's all do (normal)?

Danko
03-11-2013, 11:39am
I am asking what the issue is so you ask me what it is??? NOT all C6s have this issue. My 2010 does not. I have politely asked for experienced comments... from someone that understands this issue. thnx!

mike100
03-17-2013, 9:31pm
I'm asking you if the tire is ACTUALLY contacting part of the body, or if the tire slip angle is a result of steep Ackerman steering angles at full lock. Every C6 I have been in does the latter. (google it).

Danko
04-14-2013, 1:21pm
no help...

Norm
04-14-2013, 5:41pm
You really expect folks to have no opinions.........on a forum?

I have a '10 GS, have not experienced any rubbing anywhere under any condition, 40K+ miles. Sorry do not have any first hand experience to convey to you. Have you tried the other forum where all the experts are?

Bluewasp
04-29-2013, 8:33pm
sounds like what people have been calling tire scrub. Not sure if that is correct term but I've seen it used on the other forum. My 427 does it when I back out of a parking spot or make a hard turn while going very slow.

I was told it's because of the alignment and suspension geometry. seems to be an issue with the wide body cars but I don't know that for sure.

Danko
05-12-2013, 11:49am
Thank you. That WAS helpful! Critics will not like this but I plan to do the same thing with this C6 I did with my 2010 coupe - raising it 1.1" by turning the height adjusters clockwise. That should lessen the rubbing and reduce opportunities for damage due to being so low. It also makes it a bit easier for an old fart to get in and out of his cars. I also removed the front spoiler from my other C6 and it looks better and no longer hits on steep driveways. ...and speaking of that, why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?