PDA

View Full Version : C7 Convertible Debut @ Geneva Auto Show

Calif Vetteman
03-05-2013, 3:38pm
First look at the C7 Convertible today in Geneva.

No more manual top, it's all electric. The quarter panel vents just behind the doors were eliminated. Air will be picked up from under the car.

I got to see the Coupe in person this last Saturday and the Convertible is no disappointment.

Coupes Base Price reportedly is around $59,000.00 The Convertible reportedly is around 69,000.

I thought the C7 looked every bit as good in person as in the pics I've seen.

I am going to have to find a new home for my C5 Vert and my C4 Coupe. :seasix:

Calif Vetteman
12-18-2013, 4:12pm
I have been watching the NCM C7 deliveries, and the convertibles are starting to out number the coupes. They look great.

I did notice that three of the C7's in the last two days had a Black stripe on the hood. One crystal red, the stripe broke in to, two narrow ones on the Targa, and back to a single wide one on the rear deck. A white C7 only had the stripe on the hood.

I was not aware that this was an option. Anyone have any info on this? :confused5:

BigJoe
12-18-2013, 5:06pm
I was not aware that this was an option. Anyone have any info on this? :confused5:

There are two types of stripes as factory options. The short one is called the Stinger stripe and the long one the Split Racing stripe. They are farmed out from the factory to a 3rd party to install but are still considered a factory option. Which is why they can be on the NCM cars. (A lot of other options are dealer installed and can't be ordered with an NCM delivery.)
They are not just vinyl. They are a vinyl underlayer with paint and clear coat over the vinyl. Just like the "hash marks" on the C6 Grand Sport.

If you go to the Chevy Build Your Own site you can see how the various stripes look.

DropTheTop
12-18-2013, 5:27pm
No pics?

Calif Vetteman
12-20-2013, 8:51am
There are 7 convertibles to be delivered at the NCM this morning. 12-20

Space # 8 has a red Vert with the stinger stripe. :seasix: