01-24-2013, 1:39pm
These are seriously the bomb....

Oatmeal Chocolate Peanut Butter (No-Bake) Protein Bar recipe ingredients:

• 2 cups organic peanut butter

• 1 3⁄4 cups honey or agave nectar

2 1⁄4 cups Chocolate Protein shake Mix powder

• 3 cups rolled oats

Instructions:

1. Mix peanut butter and honey in a microwaveable bowl.

2. heat for 60–90 seconds. Mix well.

3. add Protein shake Mix powder and mix well.

4. add rolled oats and mix gently.

5. spread in a 9×13 pan lined with wax paper

6. Refrigerate 1 hour.

7. Cut into 24 squares.

GreyGhost
02-03-2013, 12:21pm
I will make these tomorrow..they sound great:seasix:

GreyGhost
02-04-2013, 7:25pm
Jodi, I made them today and you are right...fantastic!

:seasix:

Kerrmudgeon
02-06-2013, 6:44am
They sound great, just not for diabetics. Hmmmm....I wonder how I can make them OK for me? Does the protein powder have any form of sugar in it? :bigears:

Yamma
02-07-2013, 3:56pm
They sound great, just not for diabetics. Hmmmm....I wonder how I can make them OK for me? Does the protein powder have any form of sugar in it? :bigears:

.....I'm diabetic.

There's nothing in them that is bad for your blood sugar. Protein powder has all of 3g of carbs in it, peanut butter is basically just protein and natural fats, and the agave is better for keeping blood sugar stable instead of honey.

Kerrmudgeon
02-10-2013, 10:22pm
.....I'm diabetic.

There's nothing in them that is bad for your blood sugar. Protein powder has all of 3g of carbs in it, peanut butter is basically just protein and natural fats, and the agave is better for keeping blood sugar stable instead of honey.

Still not good for diabetics Jody. From what I've read the agave industry is very UN-regulated and some are just as bad as corn syrup or honey. I'll stick to my pure stevia extract for a touch of sweet. I may try to incorporate it into your recipe....thanks.:seasix: