PDA

View Full Version : New York Senators Say Support Is There For 9/11 Health Care Bill

ChasC5
12-20-2010, 10:16am
New York Senators Say Support Is There For 9/11 Health Care Bill - NY1.com (http://www.ny1.com/content/news_beats/politics/130909/new-york-senators-say-support-is-there-for-9-11-health-care-bill/)

Saying they are on the verge of a Christmas miracle, Senators Kirsten Gillibrand and Charles Schumer believe they now have enough bipartisan support to pass the health care bill for September 11th responders.
The measure would create a fund to monitor and treat first responders who got sick after working at the World Trade Center site following the terror attacks.

Republicans had balked at the bill's $7.4 billion price tag. But Gillibrand and Schumer say they've made changes to bring down the cost, and now think they have the 60 votes needed to pass the bill.

"We have worked extremely close with a number of our Republican colleagues and have made a series of changes to the bill to accommodate their support,” said Gillibrand. “We have reduced the size of the legislation. We've reduced the cost by more than $1 billion from $7.4 billion to $6.2 billion, and this will not diminish the health care that we are able to provide for these heroes."

"We believe we're on the verge of an 11th-hour breakthrough,” said Schumer. “This has been a long process. It's like running a marathon. We've had a lot of ups and a lot of downs."

The Senate is expected to vote on the bill right after work wraps up a nuclear arms treaty with Russia, which could be as early as tomorrow.
The House passed the original bill, but would have to reconsider any new version before the lame-duck session ends.

First responders who spoke with NY1 are hoping the Senate will finally pass the bill.
"I want to tell politicians to vote with their heart, not because of the party,” said 9/11 first responder Gabriel Pacino. “They know what we did. If I had to do it all over again, I would do it in a heartbeat. This is my land."
"I'm not ready to pop the champagne because anything can happen from now and Tuesday or Wednesday when the vote goes,” said John Feal, a 9/11 first responder and advocate. “But I can tell you whoever votes against 9/11 responders a couple days before Christmas is truly un-American."
The legislation is named for New York City Police Department detective James Zadroga, who died of respiratory illness after working for months at the World Trade Center site.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg today is expected to publicly urge the Senate to pass the 9/11 health bill.

The mayor will join the city's police and fire commissioners, members of Congress, and first responders at City Hall for a news conference later this morning.

Yea Right ... Country First ... :D

Exotix
12-20-2010, 10:29am
*I will invade Iraq !!!! *

http://i54.tinypic.com/2emhips.png

Exotix
12-20-2010, 11:13am
Hey moron, got anything intelligent to add? :rolleyes:

Yea I know it's a rhetorical question and we all know the answer is "no".

Just wait 'till Peter Pan gets here ... he'll digress as to how Bush used up all the 9/11 responder money to invade Iraq and blame Obama for being taxed enough already ...

http://i54.tinypic.com/2vrs5de.jpg

ChasC5
12-20-2010, 11:36am
So you are for or against both parties working together? :skep:

Something you wouldn't know about college man.

I was for it after January 2009 ... when did you get on board? :D

Exotix
12-20-2010, 5:43pm
TxAg is probably squeealing with delight because the Congressional (R)'s want 9/11 responders to *prove it* (amendment) that their unique cancers and illness's were caused by 9/11 ... sad.

ChasC5
12-21-2010, 9:13am
More verbal diarrhea from the resident mental midget. :rofl:

I bet Exotix is sqeeling with delight because there's a new herd of sheep in his back yard. Go keep'em warm parrot boy. :rofl:

Duck-Bob-&-Weave

So … are you one of the Chest Beating, Flag Waving, God Bless America Singing, so called Patriots who say screw the 911 Responders?

Just a simple YES or NO will do, if you have the Balls! :cheers:

ChasC5
12-21-2010, 3:14pm
Nope.

False premise = more fail for you Chas.

I'm for helping those who need it, IF it can be funded w/out more debt. :yesnod:

You two parrot libs need to come up w/your own material.

Granted, we're not surprised you take other people's stuff and use it incorrectly (typical lib/Dem MO). :rofl:

I've answered more direct questions than you can dream of college boy. Did you finally grow a set?

What’s your fascination with Balls?

Remember what hits your face first on your way! :D

Z06PDQ
12-21-2010, 5:52pm
*I will invade Iraq !!!! *

http://i54.tinypic.com/2emhips.png
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ChasC5
12-22-2010, 8:04am
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:iagree: POLITICS :yesnod: