PDA

View Full Version : Headlight adjustment.

Defib1961
12-19-2010, 3:27pm
Trying to aim the headlights on my 03. Which one of the adjustment screws is left and right and which is up and down? I took it to a Chevy dealer here and all they did was break a high beam bulb and screwed up the aim.

Y2Kvert4me
12-19-2010, 5:00pm
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/2082/headlightaim.jpg

Be careful, the adjusters are well-known to seize up over time, and the long gold colored rods are not difficult to break. Do NOT attempt to force them!

If they seem stuck, take the headlight covers off, follow the extension rods to the actual adjuster, and get some penetrating oil in there to free them up.

:cheers:

Defib1961
12-19-2010, 5:02pm
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/2082/headlightaim.jpg

Be careful, the adjusters are well-known to seize up over time, and the long gold colored rods are not difficult to break. Do NOT attempt to force them!

If they seem stuck, take the headlight covers off, follow the extension rods to the actual adjuster, and get some penetrating oil in there to free them up.

:cheers:

Thank you!!!

16again
12-19-2010, 6:45pm
Use some penetrating oil before attempting the adjustment. As posted above, they are known to break pretty easily. :yesnod:

Blue 92
01-09-2011, 1:32pm
Use some penetrating oil before attempting the adjustment. As posted above, they are known to break pretty easily. :yesnod:

That's a must. :yesnod:

The part that breaks is NOT available by itself. GM sells only only the complete assembly costing big $$.

I soaked mine with PB blaster for 24 hours before even trying to adjust them.

Defib1961
01-09-2011, 2:39pm
It has been a little bit but I did get them adjusted without any issues. Went back to the local Chevy "Dealership" and "thanked" them for the effort. Jerk wads told me they knew the headlights were adjusted because it was noted on the work order. I asked them if the headlight they broke was noted on there as well. Never got a response to that one.
Thanks for the info.