PDA

View Full Version : Hey GB - Tips on L5's???

WKMCD
12-01-2010, 7:10pm
Hey Gary or anyone else who has done them,

Any tips on removing the stock quarters and installing the L5 flares? How much work and where did they need it?

Thanks,

Kevin

Sneaks
12-01-2010, 7:45pm
Get with Shagster. He put John B's on. I'm gonna pick his brain on the subject. :thumbs:

WKMCD
12-01-2010, 7:54pm
Get with Shagster. He put John B's on. I'm gonna pick his brain on the subject. :thumbs:

Cool, let's start planning. :yesnod:

Z06Joe
12-03-2010, 7:59am
I helped Shags do Johnny B's car, and they really weren't that bad. Doing a vert should be way easier, seeing as how there's no top. We had a difficult time getting the body screws lose between the roof line and the tops of the fenders. BUt yours should be a breeze!!!

One suggestion, SHAVE the side marker lights.... IMHO they look better that way.

WKMCD
12-03-2010, 8:05am
I helped Shags do Johnny B's car, and they really weren't that bad. Doing a vert should be way easier, seeing as how there's no top. We had a difficult time getting the body screws lose between the roof line and the tops of the fenders. BUt yours should be a breeze!!!

One suggestion, SHAVE the side marker lights.... IMHO they look better that way.

Thanks!

Has anyone been hassled at inspection time about now side lights?

Z06Joe
12-03-2010, 8:07am
Not to my knowledge. However in MD we only get a car inspected if your selling or buying from a private party. we don't have yearly inspections like other states. But seeing as how they are only marker lights and don't blink, I don't see what the issue would be if any.... You could always have GBizzle flush em!!! Now that's they only other way I would do it.

Eagleeye
12-03-2010, 4:08pm
In Va. if they disappear you are ok...if in place they have to do their thing !

GB Vette
12-03-2010, 4:13pm
The L5's aren't bad compared to others I've seen. Had to do some grinding on mine on the back side right at the door area to get them to set flush.

Let's see, flush side markers, shaved gas filler, etc. :D

And don't forget to fit up some C6 splash guards while your at it.

WKMCD
12-03-2010, 4:52pm
The L5's aren't bad compared to others I've seen. Had to do some grinding on mine on the back side right at the door area to get them to set flush.

Let's see, flush side markers, shaved gas filler, etc. :D

And don't forget to fit up some C6 splash guards while your at it.

Thanks G'man.

Ordered the splash guards with them :D

Sneaks
12-04-2010, 6:12am
If you wanna shave the side markers, we can make that happen with the right materials. :D

WKMCD
12-04-2010, 6:18am
If you wanna shave the side markers, we can make that happen with the right materials. :D

Let's talk...:D

Sneaks
12-04-2010, 7:52am
Let's talk...:D

Get with GB about the best materials to use for shaving the markers. Are the L5's fiberglass? If they are, will make it easier to glass, block and finish. Won't have to worry about the panel flexing as much, and you can use standard fiberglass filler. :thumbs:

WKMCD
12-04-2010, 8:15am
Get with GB about the best materials to use for shaving the markers. Are the L5's fiberglass? If they are, will make it easier to glass, block and finish. Won't have to worry about the panel flexing as much, and you can use standard fiberglass filler. :thumbs:

I've done tons of glass work on the seats and fairings we ran on the GP bikes. I spent many Monday nights putting things back together. :ack:

GB Vette
12-04-2010, 11:54am

They are 'glass :yesnod:

Sneaks
12-05-2010, 8:07am
I've done tons of glass work on the seats and fairings we ran on the GP bikes. I spent many Monday nights putting things back together. :ack:
You mean you didn't always keep the bike upright? :D
They are 'glass :yesnod:

Sweet! :thumbs:

WKMCD
12-05-2010, 8:43am
You mean you didn't always keep the bike upright? :D
:thumbs:

"Almost" all the time. ;)

There's a reason I've had 15 bone surgeries...

http://dai.ly/eft0qE

Sneaks
12-05-2010, 2:51pm
Ouch!