PDA

View Full Version : Pawlenty done as 2012 GOP Presidential candidate ?

Exotix
12-01-2010, 6:15pm
Gov. Tim Pawlenty pardoned serial child molestor that molested again.

Today

Pawlenty seeking perjury investigation against sex offender he helped pardon - TwinCities.com (http://www.twincities.com/ci_16751983)

Gov. Tim Pawlenty says the sex offender that he joined in pardoning two years ago may have committed perjury to get his criminal record wiped clean.

If so, the governor wants him prosecuted for that offense in addition to new molestation charges.

Pawlenty said he sent letters to prosecutors Wednesday urging them to investigate whether Jeremy Giefer of Vernon Center lied to the state pardon board to have his criminal record expunged.

Last month, Giefer was charged with sexually abusing a girl more than 250 times before and after he was pardoned in 2008.

"If the current allegations against him result in a conviction or any indications of criminal behavior, he perjured himself and lied to us and may have committed other forms of fraud or misrepresentation before a governmental agency or board," the governor said.

If that's the case, he said Giefer should be charged with lying under oath.

Pawlenty was a member of the three-person board that pardoned Giefer, now 36. The other pardon board members were Attorney General Lori Swanson and then-Chief Justice Eric Magnuson of the Minnesota Supreme Court.

In 1993, Giefer was convicted of having sex with his 14-year-old girlfriend, whom he later married. He served 45 days in jail and was free when the pardon was granted.

Last month, Giefer, now 36, was charged in Blue Earth County District Court with 12 felonies, including five of first-degree sexual conduct. The complaint says the victim told police the abuse began when she was 9 and continued until she was 16.

In applying for the pardon, Giefer signed a statement under oath that he had remained law-abiding since his 1993 conviction, Pawlenty said.
If the latest allegations against him are true, his statement to the board was "obviously a lie."

Bluestem Prairie, a blog that covers rural Minnesota news, first revealed the connection between Giefer and Pawlenty on Sunday.

The connection could have political fallout for the governor, who is preparing for a possible campaign for president in 2012.

The pardon could become fodder for rivals' attack ads that portray him as a phony conservative Republican who pretended to be tough on crime but pardoned a sex offender who subsequently assaulted a girl.

The pardon has been widely reported on political blogs and websites across the country this week.

Asked if he was concerned about the political implications, Pawlenty replied, "I don't think about it in those terms.
My thoughts are first to the family and to the victim involved.

"I spent a good deal of my career cracking down hard on sex offenders.
I think they are some of the most heinous criminals in our society, and the behavior in this case is sickening, and the allegations here break my heart for the victim involved."

He said the board would not have pardoned Giefer if it had been aware of the latest sexual abuse charges. He noted that during his tenure the board has never released anyone from prison or jail early. Pardons have been granted only after sentences were served.

He notified Ramsey County Attorney Susan Gaertner and Blue Earth County Attorney Ross Arneson about the possible perjury because the pardon board met in Ramsey County and Giefer may have signed a false oath in Blue Earth County.
He said Swanson agreed prosecutors in those counties have jurisdiction in the case.

http://reason.com/assets/mc/psuderman/2010_08/pawlentydeadfish.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3318/3454775972_9e83e7d1b1.jpg

ChasC5
12-01-2010, 6:22pm
Phyical Responcible and True Values. :cheers:

Another winner. :confused5:

Let the denying begin! :dance:

Peter Pan
12-01-2010, 8:33pm
Barney Frank comes to mind as should be done in Congress, but he is a lib after all so no issue herehttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/elsloan22/emotions/american_flag.jpg

Exotix
12-01-2010, 8:39pm
Barney Frank comes to mind as should be done in Congress, but he is a lib after all so no issue herehttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/elsloan22/emotions/american_flag.jpg

... this ones a hit on most conservative forums ... in fact they do it over and over in dupe posts like a Faux Noize Black Panther invasion ... can I get a Palin one ?

http://i54.tinypic.com/1538x3a.gif

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv139/AnthonyARH/barney.jpg

Peter Pan
12-01-2010, 9:24pm
... this ones a hit on most conservative forums ... in fact they do it over and over in dupe posts like a Faux Noize Black Panther invasion ... can I get a Palin one ?

http://i54.tinypic.com/1538x3a.gif

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv139/AnthonyARH/barney.jpg

He wants to raise my taxes while not paying his, lots of those in the Obama adminstration fit the Barney model, libs want me to pay mine and there taxes, first time I have seen this one and it does fit as he is a crook as tax evaders have been known to be put in jail, at 80 he should just pay his back taxes and be fined atleast double what I would have as he is after all he was responsible for tax policy in congress:yesnod:

I have mentioned I am Taxed Enough Already

ChasC5
12-01-2010, 9:27pm
He wants to raise my taxes while not paying his, lots of those in the Obama adminstration fit the Barney model, libs want me to pay mine and there taxes, first time I have seen this one and it does fit as he is a crook as tax evaders have been known to be put in jail, at 80 he should just pay his back taxes and be fined atleast double what I would have as he is after all he was responsible for tax policy in congress:yesnod:

I have mentioned I am Taxed Enough Already

Dude you need serious Tax advice, if you're paying more tha anyone else. :cheers:

Peter Pan
12-01-2010, 9:30pm
Dude you need serious Tax advice, if you're paying more tha anyone else. :cheers:

WTF is your point here, any Tax $$ I send into the Federal Govt is a $$ that I can not spend or invest as I desire, We The People not We The Govt:cheers:

BTW, under the current Tax Law I am Taxed Enough Already:cheers:

Exotix
12-01-2010, 9:36pm

I remember when I discussed this with some of the CFPR&C neocons way way back ...

They want to pay for privatized garbage pick-up and they're all locked & loaded so they don't need sheriffs so they don't need no stinkeeen'g taxes ... all courtesy of the millions they saved from the Bush Tax Cuts ...

:rofl:

Peter Pan
12-01-2010, 9:40pm
I remember when I discussed this with some of the CFPR&C neocons way way back ...

They want to pay for privatized garbage pick-up and they're all locked & loaded so they don't need sheriffs so they don't need no stinkeeen'g taxes ... all courtesy of the millions they saved from the Bush Tax Cuts ...

:rofl:

What is the point here? With the handouts our Govt gives to the needy we should not be needing any cops or sheriffs, everyone has what they need :cheers:

Exotix
12-01-2010, 10:01pm
What is the point here? With the handouts our Govt gives to the needy we should not be needing any cops or sheriffs, everyone has what they need :cheers:

You have a point .... I mean, what's the point of cops when they make no distinguisment between you and Ted Bundy as it is ... hey, you might even make it through one night with bubba the murderer in an Arizona Private Prison because although you look white ... you might be an illegal ....

:bilmem:

Peter Pan
12-01-2010, 10:32pm
You have a point .... I mean, what's the point of cops when they make no distinguisment between you and Ted Bundy as it is ... hey, you might even make it through one night with bubba the murderer in an Arizona Private Prison because although you look white ... you might be an illegal ....

:bilmem:

Good point we do not know who the crook is the ones like Barney Frank or the ones breaking into my house, I do look like Ted Bundy and proud of it

I am Taxed Enough Already

Exotix
12-01-2010, 10:55pm
Good point we do not know who the crook is the ones like Barney Frank or the ones breaking into my house, I do look like Ted Bundy and proud of it

Eventually you'll get the point as to why we have a constitution by the Founding Fathers ... not the one the Tea Bagger King George one you're mezmerized with ...

:seeya:

Peter Pan
12-01-2010, 11:19pm
Eventually you'll get the point as to why we have a constitution by the Founding Fathers ... not the one the Tea Bagger King George one you're mezmerized with ...

:seeya:

You got it wrong the Founding Fathers was all about taxation, Boston Tea Party started the revolution, We The People, not We The Govt, the money I earn is mine, not yours or the Govt.

Exotix
12-02-2010, 8:06am
You got it wrong the Founding Fathers was all about taxation, Boston Tea Party started the revolution, We The People, not We The Govt, the money I earn is mine, not yours or the Govt.

Bush lowered your taxes so he could invade nations and then built Taj Mahals ... the U.S. Embassy in Iraq and villas in Kuwait ... never mind the Tent Cities our armed forces lived and still live in ...

I believe this is called wealth re-distribution as the greatest tranferrance of Americas wealth the U.S. has ever seen ...

Fine.
Break-it down for the exotix with exacting logistics ... how todays establishment (R)'s who now call themselves Tea Baggers will do things different and I'd appreciate it if you didn't smile and smirk and baffle me with BS and never answer the question like we see day in and day out with said establishment (R)'s / Tea Baggers who got us to where we are today ...

:skep:

ChasC5
12-02-2010, 1:30pm
Bush lowered your taxes so he could invade nations and then built Taj Mahals ... the U.S. Embassy in Iraq and villas in Kuwait ... never mind the Tent Cities our armed forces lived and still live in ...

I believe this is called wealth re-distribution as the greatest tranferrance of Americas wealth the U.S. has ever seen ...

Fine.
Break-it down for the exotix with exacting logistics ... how todays establishment (R)'s who now call themselves Tea Baggers will do things different and I'd appreciate it if you didn't smile and smirk and baffle me with BS and never answer the question like we see day in and day out with said establishment (R)'s / Tea Baggers who got us to where we are today ...

:skep:

For some strange reason, Republicans think helping people who wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire, is more beneficial the helping Americans. :yesnod:

Exotix
12-02-2010, 1:59pm
For some strange reason, Republicans think helping people who wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire, is more beneficial the helping Americans. :yesnod:

... further, when you take a good long hard look at the entire right-wing of the U.S. ... the only thing they've created since Herbert Hoover is *evidence against them* ...

Sad.

Peter Pan
12-02-2010, 5:13pm
As I recall 9/11 was an attack on America I would rather fight Terroist on there land vs another attack like we experienced, Iraq is another issue, now there we are now leaving before we install demoracy, oh BTW we are still in South Korea, 57 years after the armistice was signed and seems the North still hates us. Oh we were founded because the mother country (England) was taxing Tea, but that was more than 200 years ago. Time to stop the spending that we do not collect taxes for and the tax rates today are still to high, Corp taxes are just about the highest in the world and self employed is still higher.

I am Taxed Enough Already:cheers: