PDA

View Full Version : Which one is the PCM?

Munch
11-26-2010, 4:56pm
Never mind I found it but I am still wondering if there is a red connecter on it cuz that's what I need to find.

Munch
11-26-2010, 5:36pm
I guess when my instructions said "red connector" they were referring to the part you can't see until you unplug it? I'm guessing yes.

Also, I am looking for pin 10 and pin 24 but I'm confused. On all the plugs I'm used to dealing with the top row is even and the bottom odd. This doesn't appear to be the case in this situation as pin 10 is supposed to be white and 24 dark blue. Oh well, I think I got it figured out but I'll put it up here in case anyone thinks I'm heading in the wrong direction and you can stop me before I go to far. :willy:

WKMCD
11-26-2010, 5:52pm
What are you trying to do?

Y2Kvert4me
11-26-2010, 6:10pm
Pin 10 is the tach out to IPC if I recall. If that's the wire you're looking for, it is definitely a white wire. :yesnod:

I'm out of town till Sunday and don't the service manual handy. If you have it, there should be a pinout diagram amd wire colors of the PCM connectors.

:cheers:

Munch
11-26-2010, 6:12pm
What are you trying to do?

Hooking up my nitrous controller. Pin 24 is for the throttle position sensor and pin 10 is for the RPM pick up. I could go off the coil for the RPM but seen as how I'm down there I can keep all the wires together for neatness sake.

Munch
11-26-2010, 6:31pm
Now I'm screwed. I see the connector has little numbers on it so that's cool but there is no blue wire at pin 24, actually there is no wire at pin 24. The instructions only give this option for the TPS pick up.

Munch
11-26-2010, 6:37pm
OK, I found the blue wire going to the TPS at the throttle body so I'll just tap in there.

Despite what one might think, this thread has proven quite useful. :cheers:

WKMCD
11-26-2010, 7:22pm
I picked up my tach signal for the shift light in a bundle at the OBD2 connector under the dash. Let me know if you want more info.

Munch
11-26-2010, 7:37pm
I picked up my tach signal for the shift light in a bundle at the OBD2 connector under the dash. Let me know if you want more info.

Dammit! That would have been nice seen as how I was under there earlier today. I got everything hooked up so I'm good now but in the future I'm certainly going to research instructions more thoroughly.

Thanks anyway. :cheers:

Sneaks
11-26-2010, 9:57pm
Tach signal at the coil, TPS at the throttle body. That's where I got mine. :thumbs:

Munch
11-27-2010, 9:00am
Tach signal at the coil, TPS at the throttle body. That's where I got mine. :thumbs:

That would have been easier too but that's what I get for reading the instructions. :banghead:

Sneaks
11-27-2010, 3:21pm
I figure it's best to tap a signal as close to the source as possible. That way there is less chance for fluctuation/interference.