PDA

View Full Version : And Now ... The Truth, Good or Bad

ChasC5
11-24-2010, 8:21am
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/United-States-Unemployment-Rate-Chart-000002.png

The U.S. ADDED 151,000 JOBS IN OCTOBER, UNEMPLOYMENT AT 9.6% Published: 11/5/2010 1:33:12 PM
By: TradingEconomics.com, Bloomberg

Payrolls rose more than forecast in October, a sign businesses may be starting to look past what the Federal Reserve calls the “disappointingly slow” U.S. recovery toward a faster pace of growth.
Employment rose more than forecast in October, a sign businesses may be starting to look past what the Federal Reserve calls the “disappointingly slow” U.S. recovery toward a faster pace of growth.

Payrolls climbed 151,000, and following a revised 41,000 drop the prior month that was smaller than initially estimated, Labor Department figures showed today in Washington. Private payrolls that exclude government agencies also gained more than forecast, while the jobless rate held at 9.6 percent.

The unemployment rate was forecast to stay at 9.6 percent, according to the median prediction of 80 economists surveyed by Bloomberg. Estimates ranged from 9.5 percent to 9.7 percent.

The report also showed gains in hours worked and earnings. Average hourly earnings increased 1.7 percent in October from the same month last year.

Private hiring, which excludes government agencies, rose 159,000 in October, the biggest gain since April. Economists projected an 80,000 gain, the survey showed.

Manufacturing payrolls unexpectedly decreased by 7,000 last month. Economists had projected a gain of 5,000.

Employment at service-providers increased 146,000, the first gain since May. Construction companies added 5,000 workers and retailers took on 27,900 workers.

Average hourly earnings increased to $22.73 from $22.68 in the prior month, today’s report showed.
Government payrolls decreased by 8,000. State and local governments reduced employment by 7,000, while the federal government trimmed 1,000 jobs.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/05/1910084/us-added-151000-jobs-in-october.html

I’m no economist, but this picture to me looks like a catastrophe averted. :leaving:

leec4ce
11-24-2010, 8:52am
I sure this Obama supporter agress Catastrophe Avoided

"Woman who told Obama her financial fears has lost her job"

By Michelle Singletary
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, November 22, 2010; 10:08 PM
Nobody is safe.
Velma Hart, who burst onto the media scene after telling President Obama she was scared about her financial future, has been laid off. Hart was let go as the chief financial officer for Am Vets, a nonprofit Maryland-based veteran services organization.
Hart has become another casualty of the tough economy in which so many people have lost their jobs.
"It's not anything she did," said Jim King, the national executive director of Am Vets. "She got bit by the same snake that has bit a lot of people. It was a move to cut our bottom line. Most not-for-profits are seeing their money pinched."
King would not say whether the organization had had other layoffs.
"Velma was a good employee," he said. "It was just a matter of looking at the bottom line and where could we make the best cuts and survive."
King hadn't seen the irony in Hart being fired just two months after she emotionally told Obama about her fears for her own financial well-being during a town hall meeting in Washington.
"I hadn't thought about this in connection to the town hall meeting. She was at the town hall as a private citizen. Whatever she had to say were her own thoughts," he said.
Hart's comments to Obama became political fodder as proof that the president was losing his die-hard supporters - African American voters. Hart told me at the time that she still supported Obama but that she had expected more changes by now.
She said what really disappointed her is that the change and better economic conditions Obama promised haven't come fast enough.
"My husband and I joked for years that we thought we were well beyond the hot-dogs-and-beans era of our lives," she said during the CNBC town hall broadcast. "But quite frankly, it's starting to knock on our door and ring true that that might be where we're headed again. And quite frankly, Mr. President, I need you to answer this honestly: Is this my new reality?"
Well, unemployment has not just knocked on the door of the former Army reservist. It has busted through the door.
When contacted Monday, Hart would not discuss the matter.
In an interview with me two months ago, she said that although her personal finances were in pretty good shape, she was worried. She has two daughters in private school, and the oldest is looking at colleges. Although her husband is employed, she was concerned about higher consumer prices. She talked about her home value being down. She talked about feeling anxious.
"You don't have to be on the street to be struggling," Hart said in the earlier interview. There are different degrees of struggling."
Hart said telling Obama that her family might be forced to dine regularly on hot dogs and beans was just an attempt at levity.
"It was symbolic," she said. "I'm a lot more fortunate than others."
But in what is clearly a too-eerie situation, Hart foretold her future.
"We are all caught in the middle of the insanity," she said.

Readers can write to Michelle Singletary at The Washington Post, 1150 15th St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20071. Her e-mail address is [email protected]. Comments and questions are welcome, but because of the volume of mail, personal responses may not be possible.

Yep your right 9.6 is better than 9.8. When unemployment gets to the under 8% that was stated then I will agree stimulus Catastrophe Avoided

ChasC5
11-24-2010, 9:16am
It all depends on what story you chose to hear … and what news sources you may place your belief in for factual information.

I saw her in an interview yesterday, discussing the “Non-Profit Organization” he worked for, and that she expected difficult decisions were forthcoming due to the fact they were a “Non-Profit Organization”. She also said, in her own words, that she was “more optimistic” now, than she was when she first talked to the POTUS.

:cheers:

Now back to the Factual Picture above ...

ChasC5
11-24-2010, 9:32am
Yep your right 9.6 is better than 9.8. When unemployment gets to the under 8% that was stated then I will agree stimulus Catastrophe Avoided

Three (3) questions …

Do you agree with the source data?
Where do you VISUALLY SEE; the largest change (Delta) in Unemployment?
Where do you VISUALLY SEE; when that change took place?

leec4ce
11-24-2010, 2:54pm
Three (3) questions …

The U.S. Department of Labor

From Apr 2008 low of 4.8 unemployment to a high of 10.6 Jan 2010.
2009 is showing the largest increases from 8.5 to the high of 10.6 in Jan 2010. 2010 is showing downward trend through the month of month of Oct at 9.0. Hopefully the trend will continue down. Until the 8% as government said would never go over just can’t say catastrophe avoided. The catastrophe has already happen.

And my news source was Washington Post article located MSNBC.com this morning. By the way I saw the same interview last night so you are so right on your news source beliefs. :cheers:

Z06PDQ
11-24-2010, 5:47pm
a "catastrophe" would be The Greatest Depression the World Has Ever Seen. we undeniably avoided that. :hurray:

Peter Pan
11-24-2010, 9:52pm
Three (3) questions …

1, I agree with the chart
2, Yes the largest change in unemployment was when the dems got controlled of congress and the biggest deficts of Bush's time started 2007 and 2008, yes the libs took over both houses in 2007
3, I see the biggest jump from the summer 2008-2009 when the libs controlled congress and then that last half 100 percent control of Govt

Bigger deficts now are stunning deficts, and with the current POTUS and his cronnies forcasting 1 trillion plus deficts into the next decade we need a change from this path fast. Time to cut spending as to get out of this mess of uncontrolled spending we will need to double taxes on everyone and the rich giving 72 or 78 percent not good, the middle class will be crushed. Our country must spend what we take in and in fact less to pay down the debt that my kids will suffer from, wow I did not even include my grand kids.

The stimilus is a failure as the POTUS has said pass this bill and unemployment will not go above 8 percent, wrong and those shovel ready jobs, that is funny. Now with the Fed buying our own debt we are really in trouble, the dollar is sinking in value, I have already noticed the difference recently in the local grocery stores, and our govt says there is no inflation. The only thing I pay less for is gas and that has been going up recently with the dollar going south.

I am Taxed Enough Alreadyhttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/elsloan22/Holiday Gifs/MJZ1609.gif

Y2Kvert4me
11-24-2010, 11:37pm
a "catastrophe" would be The Greatest Depression the World Has Ever Seen. we undeniably delayed that. :hurray:Fixed.

ChasC5
11-25-2010, 12:33pm
Fixed.

Are you happy about something? :skep: