PDA

View Full Version : Going through firewall

Munch
11-18-2010, 12:50pm
I need to go through the firewall on the drivers side for my fuel pressure gauge. I found a write up from A&A HERE (232/234 .595/.598 113LSA) which has you drill a hole under the lines for the hood release but I was wondering if anyone had any better ideas. Just thought I'd check before I put a new hole in there.

Lowcash
11-18-2010, 2:15pm
I need to go through the firewall on the drivers side for my fuel pressure gauge. I found a write up from A&A HERE (232/234 .595/.598 113LSA) which has you drill a hole under the lines for the hood release but I was wondering if anyone had any better ideas. Just thought I'd check before I put a new hole in there.

When I ran the wires for the strobelights I didn't go through the 'firewall' per se. I took the drivers side tire off to access the access panel, then drilled in under the 'dead' pedal. The problem I had was I forgot to remove the dead pedal so I have a hole in that now. :kick:

Z06 Police Strobe Install (http://www.spdkilz.com/techtipstrobe.html)
Starting at step 21.

WKMCD
11-18-2010, 2:37pm
I ran mine under the wiper cowl and threaded it around the edge of the windshield frame. Tucked it up under the rubber molding. You couldn't find it if you were looking for it.

Munch
11-18-2010, 7:49pm
I ran mine under the wiper cowl and threaded it around the edge of the windshield frame. Tucked it up under the rubber molding. You couldn't find it if you were looking for it.

Are you talking about going out the door, behind the fender and under the cowl?
I will have to go out and take a close look and see if I can figure out what yer talking about.

WKMCD
11-18-2010, 8:04pm
There's a gap under the fender. From there just run it under the molding. I think you'll be able to see it once it's in front of you.

Cobra4B
11-19-2010, 10:16am
I need to go through the firewall...

Did you talk to these guys?

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l458/glvalentine/questionabletaste/hackers/hackers7.jpg