PDA

View Full Version : The Melting Pot

Munch
10-24-2009, 11:51am
Anyone ever go to this restaurant? I am taking the wife there tonight for our anniversary, going to the one in Newport News. I hear it takes a long time but that's cool, gives me time to work my magic if ya know what I mean.:winky:

My Mom used to do fondue for my sister and I when we were just little whipper snappers. Looking back it doesn't seem like such a good idea letting a 5 year old boy have long pointy forks and a pot of near boiling oil around his sister but it worked out OK.

GRN ENVY
10-24-2009, 12:03pm
Yeah I went there once. It was a cool experience but you really have to know what fondue you like. I remember I had this beer flavored one that was decent. Fun though, was a good time.

Lowcash
10-24-2009, 12:15pm
I've only been once and it was cool. I would grab a sandwich before you go, I didn't get full from eating there.

WKMCD
10-24-2009, 12:18pm
I've been there a couple of times on my daughter's birthday - her choice. I thought it was pretty pricey for what you get. It's definitely "chick food". It's tastey but as Lowcash said - you will leave hungry.

Culookin
10-24-2009, 1:20pm
Been there plenty of times, one of my favorite restaurants. We always get the surf and turf (filet and lobster) for 2 and it's more than enough food. Ask for them to put some bacon in the cheese and you'll be in heaven :D

Munch
10-24-2009, 1:30pm
Mmmmm Bacon!

zz4vetteguy
10-24-2009, 3:19pm
Mmmmm Bacon!

but isn't that a given...doesn't bacon make everything taste better?

Never been, tried to go once on a Friday night but some idiot did not think about making reservations. :bilmem:

tomurphjr
10-24-2009, 7:07pm
Anyone ever go to this restaurant? I am taking the wife there tonight for our anniversary, going to the one in Newport News. I hear it takes a long time but that's cool, gives me time to work my magic if ya know what I mean.:winky:

My Mom used to do fondue for my sister and I when we were just little whipper snappers. Looking back it doesn't seem like such a good idea letting a 5 year old boy have long pointy forks and a pot of near boiling oil around his sister but it worked out OK.

I've been to the one in VA Beach and the one in NN. The one in VA Beach is much better! The tables are better seperated. You almost feel like you are the only people in the resturaunt, and the lighting is better (dimmer).

You'll be there a few hrs, but well worth in IMO.

Neutron
10-24-2009, 8:17pm
Never heard of it, though it sounds good. :cheers:

MYSCZ06
10-25-2009, 8:19am
Been there a few times that "our" resturant we go a few times a year very nice place!!

wwomanC6
10-25-2009, 9:21am
Well, How's was the restaurant last night? :popcorns:

Ocalaguy
10-25-2009, 6:51pm
Many years ago we had one in Ocala. Went there a few times.

VatorMan
10-25-2009, 8:22pm
Our TMP is really good. Great wine selection and awesome food. We hit it every other month.