PDA

View Full Version : Ohio teen dies from fall while 'car surfing'

onedef92
09-24-2012, 10:19am
Ohio teen dies from fall while 'car surfing'

UPDATED MON. 9/24/12 @ 11:18 EDT

CHILLICOTHE, Ohio - Teachers and fellow students at a southern Ohio high school are mourning the loss of a sophomore who police say was killed while "car surfing."

Police in Chillicothe say 16-year-old Jacob Wolfe was riding on the hood of a 1991 Honda driven by another teen in a Walmart parking lot. He fell off and suffered a severe head injury.

The Chillicothe Gazette reports that he died as a result of the injury on Sunday afternoon.

Police are still investigating the incident, but no charges are expected.

Pastors and grief counselors were to be available Monday to help his fellow Chillicothe High School students cope with the loss.

Yerf Dog
09-24-2012, 10:41am
Jacob Wolfe: 0
Darwin: 1
Walmart: Honorable Mention

VatorMan
09-24-2012, 10:43am
Wonder if the Honda driver used Zanio ?

VITE1
09-24-2012, 10:44am
:sadangel::sadangel:

And I don't understand this "Grief counseling" stuff.

In my younger years we lost two kids I was close with. One kid died of heart disease in middle school. another got hit by a train riding a mini bike along the rails.

For the first one the teachers were basic "S**t happens and bad things happen to good people" Done and over with.

The second guy was used as and example "Don't be stupid and you will not get killed" was the basic gist of what they and the parents were saying.

boracayjohnny
09-24-2012, 10:56am
Yep, Yerf Dog is right; Darwin is stronger than stupid.

VITE1
09-24-2012, 11:22am
Yep, Yerf Dog is right; Darwin is stronger than stupid.

Regrettably we now underwrite stupid and try to make Mr Darwin to take a holiday.

Bucwheat
09-24-2012, 11:25am
Kids think they are bullet proof.

boracayjohnny
09-24-2012, 12:10pm
Regrettably we now underwrite stupid and try to make Mr Darwin to take a holiday.

Did you see the latest insurance commercial, I think Allstate, saying, "We're all human and make mistakes"? No, you're a dumbass if you open your car door in busy traffic.

onedef92
09-24-2012, 12:12pm
Did you see the latest insurance commercial, I think Allstate, saying, "We're all human and make mistakes"? No, you're a dumbass if you open your car door in busy traffic.

Some mistakes you can ill afford to make.

6spdC6
09-24-2012, 12:47pm

In my younger years we lost two kids I was close with. One kid died of heart disease in middle school. another got hit by a train riding a mini bike along the rails.

For the first one the teachers were basic "S**t happens and bad things happen to good people" Done and over with.

The second guy was used as and example "Don't be stupid and you will not get killed" was the basic gist of what they and the parents were saying.

Yes; that grief counselor bullshit is a big issue for me.

IMNSHO it’s nothing more than make work for the charlatans that make a buck off of people’s misery. Yes I said charlatans as I fell that most of that head doctor nonsense is totally ridiculous.

It’s just more of the feminization/wimping down of both sexes of our youth. With all the liberal feel good stuff by the dumbed down so called educators in this country their making wimps out of whole segments of society. What the phuck are they trying to achieve a "stepford wife" type of mentality?

When I went to high school we had kids we knew dying in Vietnam and car accidents on a too regular basis. Kennedy was killed when I was in Hi school and we did not need those clowns!

We did not have or need those grief counselors idiots like their forcing on the kids now and we did fine.

Every death or serious injury/disease even in the middle of summer when there is no school the last thing the talking head says is grief counselors will be at the school tomorrow so you can talk with them to help overcome this tragedy:wtf:

Yerf Dog
09-24-2012, 12:49pm

IMNSHO it’s nothing more than make work for the charlatans that make a buck off of people’s misery. Yes I said charlatans as I fell that most of that head doctor nonsense is totally ridiculous.

It’s just more of the feminization/wimping down of both sexes of our youth. With all the liberal feel good stuff by the dumbed down so called educators in this country their making wimps out of whole segments of society. What the phuck are they trying to achieve a "stepford wife" type of mentality?

When I went to high school we had kids we knew dying in Vietnam and car accidents on a too regular basis. Kennedy was killed when I was in Hi school and we did not need those clowns!

We did not have or need those grief counselors idiots like their forcing on the kids now and we did fine.

Every death or serious injury/disease even in the middle of summer when there is no school the last thing the talking head says is grief counselors will be at the school tomorrow so you can talk with them to help overcome this tragedy:wtf:

Sounds like someone needs a good cry. :seasix: http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/yerf_dog//pics/smilies/leaving2.gif

ft laud mike
09-24-2012, 11:19pm
Ohio?...been a while.....:leaving:

Torqaholic
09-25-2012, 12:26am
Probably 98% of the school never even heard of this kid but they're bound and determined to make sure everyone knows what happened and feels bad about it? :slap:

Sea Six
09-25-2012, 3:11am
Probably 98% of the school never even heard of this kid but they're bound and determined to make sure everyone knows what happened and feels bad about it? :slap:

:iagree:

And the two percent that did know him are all going "that figures... the dumbass had it coming."

GRN ENVY
09-25-2012, 6:50am

So what is wrong with being able to go talk to someone about losing a friend? Whether you believe it or not those counselors help. You are nothing but ignorant if you think it "wimps" us up. GTFO, counselors will help in any fashion they can, weather to explain why it happen to just a simple hug if ya needed one. I visited a couple my senior year when my best friend took his life. Talk about not knowing why and the frustrations with that, a grief counselor actually are very beneficial to situations like that. So before running you mouth learn some facts about what really goes on.

Tossin
09-25-2012, 7:11am
So before running you mouth learn some facts about what really goes on.

If people did that, what would be the point of having OT? :leaving::D

justind
09-25-2012, 7:25am
We had a kid die riding on a car when I was in highschool as well. The school made it this huge deal and forced us to see some idiot that told everyone that everything would be ok blah blah. All it did was make a bigger deal out of it. I went out of my way to get out of talking with someone by hiding out with the wood shop teacher.

VITE1
09-25-2012, 7:42am
So what is wrong with being able to go talk to someone about losing a friend? Whether you believe it or not those counselors help. You are nothing but ignorant if you think it "wimps" us up. GTFO, counselors will help in any fashion they can, weather to explain why it happen to just a simple hug if ya needed one. I visited a couple my senior year when my best friend took his life. Talk about not knowing why and the frustrations with that, a grief counselor actually are very beneficial to situations like that. So before running you mouth learn some facts about what really goes on.

Boo F**king Who.

If you feel the need for counseling go get it. It is NOT the job of the PUBLIC schools to do this. It's is the parents job.

RonC5
09-25-2012, 8:01am
It is an issue in the public schools. It will be a distraction that takes away from the learning process. The more popular the kid, the bigger the distraction. It is the job of the schools to educate the kids, and teaching the ones that need help understanding this type of tragedy (of course this particular kid did something very stupid, but it is a tragedy none the less), or learning to cope with this type of thing is all part of the education process. The sooner they understand, the sooner they can resume the academic process. Not all kids need the assistance, but having someone in the school for a few days to help the ones that do seems to be the correct choice.

mrvette
09-25-2012, 8:09am
:issues: as if kids learn anything in .gov public skools anyway....

:shots::sadangel:

ApexOversteer
09-25-2012, 8:44am

You were obviously raised at a time in history when the idea was to guide kids into adulthood, rather than now where the idea is to breed sheep.

VatorMan
09-25-2012, 8:46am
You were obviously raised at a time in history when the idea was to guide kids into adulthood, rather than now where the idea is to breed sheep.

:iagree:

6spdC6
09-25-2012, 9:01am

Well if you’re that much of a wimp that it helped you, good for you. You prove out what I say. If you actually read what I put down you will see I lived through many friends getting killed , (Viet Nam, street racing, drunk driving as drinking age was 18 then) house fires, diseases. I saw a fellow get his throat slashed (and he died) at a street corner fight when I was about 7 YO! Hey Shit happens there is nothing you can do about it, get over it and resume your normal life.

We are getting conditioned to see a shrink type anytime we stub our toe or we lose our rubber ducky. Lots more work for the charlatans.

When my friends/ school chums died of course we talked about it, but it sure did not involve calling in soft shoulders to cry on. We handeled it WELL on our own or parents neighbors were there for us.

I just guess we were tougher then!

RonC5
09-25-2012, 10:41am
I get where you are coming from, I lost friends in Vietnam, car crashes, etc. I don't remember having anyone available to discuss it with. I think it is a generational split here as well. We didn't have "shoulders to cry on", but then again we didn't have cell phones, the internet, and many other things that are part of our life today. Society has progressed, good or bad, to where the counciling is now available if you want it within the school system. Your employer probably has such a program in place as well. Doesn't mean we were tougher, just things are handled differently today.

VatorMan
09-25-2012, 10:43am
I get where you are coming from, I lost friends in Vietnam, car crashes, etc. I don't remember having anyone available to discuss it with. I think it is a generational split here as well. We didn't have "shoulders to cry on", but then again we didn't have cell phones, the internet, and many other things that are part of our life today. Society has progressed, good or bad, to where the counciling is now available if you want it within the school system. Your employer probably has such a program in place as well. Doesn't mean we were tougher, just things are handled differently today.

Wrong. It does mean we were tougher. We had to figure it out on our own. We didn't have to have other people tell us what to feel.

RonC5
09-25-2012, 11:46am
I see where you are coming from, but I look at it in a different way. :cert:

GRN ENVY
09-25-2012, 12:30pm
Wrong. It does mean we were tougher. We had to figure it out on our own. We didn't have to have other people tell us what to feel.

Yeah ok, you are tougher then me because you had friends die in war, car crashes etc. it's not like I havent had friends die in crashes, war etc. you call me a wimp because I talk to someone about losing someone. See this where I am man enough and tough enough to admit that I can't always handle a loss of someone close, and you show your immaturity and childless, by calling me a wimp because of it. You obviously deal with things differently then I do, so take that and be mature enough to leave at difference of opinions. By you telling me I'm wrong and a wimp just proves your immaturity even more

VITE1
09-25-2012, 1:11pm

Yeah ok, you are tougher then me because you had friends die in war, car crashes etc. it's not like I havent had friends die in crashes, war etc. you call me a wimp because I talk to someone about losing someone. See this where I am man enough and tough enough to admit that I can't always handle a loss of someone close, and you show your immaturity and childless, by calling me a wimp because of it. You obviously deal with things differently then I do, so take that and be mature enough to leave at difference of opinions. By you telling me I'm wrong and a wimp just proves your immaturity even more

Listen Tool. You start of by calling us ignorant. I don't GAF how you cope with your problems. Its not the F**king governments job to help you deal with issues. It's up to you, Your family, your friends and if you feel you need it a counselor.

Stop with the Negative asides and stick with your feeling and maybe we would have shown your opinion the respect it deserves.

RonC5
09-25-2012, 2:43pm
Ah really?

Grn_Envy was making a comment on his opinion, although poorly worded. I don't think he meant "you are ignorant" as much as "it is ignorant not to consider another opinion". The response is name calling, followed by an absolute statement that it is not government's job, although every school district in the nation disagrees as they all have grief counselors for tragic events. And then suggest to him to stop with negitive asides? Hmmm. Just an observation. :cert:

VatorMan
09-25-2012, 2:50pm
Ah really?

Grn_Envy was making a comment on his opinion, although poorly worded. I don't think he meant "you are ignorant" as much as "it is ignorant not to consider another opinion". The response is name calling, followed by an absolute statement that it is not government's job, although every school district in the nation disagrees as they all have grief counselors for tragic events. And then suggest to him to stop with negitive asides? Hmmm. Just an observation. :cert:

BUT. I was just making a statement and he turned it like I said something about him-and he calls ME immature. His ability to logically converse on a topic is suspect. But guess what ? I'll bet there are churches in the area with people trained in grief counseling as well. You don't need to have a counselor on the payroll.

GRN ENVY
09-25-2012, 2:56pm
Listen Tool. You start of by calling us ignorant. I don't GAF how you cope with your problems. Its not the F**king governments job to help you deal with issues. It's up to you, Your family, your friends and if you feel you need it a counselor.

Stop with the Negative asides and stick with your feeling and maybe we would have shown your opinion the respect it deserves.

I'm being negative? Please you guys are the ones making te accusations of being a wimp etc. one thing you guys need to understand the schools don't hire grief counselors, they are already working in the schools in teaching, guidance, office positions. Grief counselors are certifications the can be obtained through training. Does that mean that they don't bring in extra help, no. They still need back up. If I'm being negative I apologize for it but you guys need to do the same as well. I voiced my opinion and first hand experiance, but yet you guys call me a tool, wimp, etc. don't get mad at me because I treated you the same you did to me. Kettle meet pot

RonC5
09-25-2012, 2:57pm
Not disputing the right or wrong of on staff counselors, I really have no need myself, but I understand there may be those who do. And that is the point I have been trying to make. And some people may have had an excessive amount of tragedy in their lives for their young age and are passionate about it and along with making a quick post, maybe it just doesn't come across as it was meant.

justind
09-25-2012, 6:52pm
This slid down hill. Or should I say off the roof of a car? :leaving:

polarbear
09-25-2012, 7:06pm
I swear their hormones short circuit their brains for a few short years. Not a day goes by where I don't shake my head and wonder "who thought that would be a good idea?"

Datawiz
09-25-2012, 7:39pm
How did I miss this thread? All of my very good friends in 1 single thread in combat. :willy:

My $0.02

Everyone grow a set. Don't get lost in semantics.

BTW, I just read that the current crop of kids the United States has produced have had the WORST S.A.T. scores in 40 years.

VITE1, Marcus's Dad, and I are cut from the same cloth.

I, through personal experience, believe that Marcus is a fighter and a winner amongst his peers. He's self motivated and deserves not to be thrown under the bus with the rest of his generation.

That being said Marcus, your generation has a LOT on it's shoulders and I don't think they are up for it. We are all ****ed because of it IMO.

Lotta love here, you know I mean no disrespect. :cert:

The level of entitlement in your generation is extremely dangerous. We will be Greece soon if nothing changes.

VITE1
09-26-2012, 7:31am

I'm being negative? Please you guys are the ones making te accusations of being a wimp etc. one thing you guys need to understand the schools don't hire grief counselors, they are already working in the schools in teaching, guidance, office positions. Grief counselors are certifications the can be obtained through training. Does that mean that they don't bring in extra help, no. They still need back up. If I'm being negative I apologize for it but you guys need to do the same as well. I voiced my opinion and first hand experiance, but yet you guys call me a tool, wimp, etc. don't get mad at me because I treated you the same you did to me. Kettle meet pot

Show me where in my post I called ANYONE a wimp. :waiting:

Why are the schools paying for medical staff? Screw that. Their job is to TEACH. People die. Thats life. As I stated people deal with it in different ways. If you or your family feel the need YOU pay for it. Not the state or local schools.

GRN ENVY
09-26-2012, 7:45am
Show me where in my post I called ANYONE a wimp. :waiting:

Why are the schools paying for medical staff? Screw that. Their job is to TEACH. People die. Thats life. As I stated people deal with it in different ways. If you or your family feel the need YOU pay for it. Not the state or local schools.

I do pay for it, through taxes.

VITE1
09-26-2012, 8:15am
I do pay for it, through taxes.

Thats the issue.

Schools are in the Education business. Not this counseling business, the sex ed business, the Diversity business or the Self Esteem business. When you divert them from their main focus you take away their ability to deliver what we NEED from them.

And I am still waiting for where I called you a wimp.

GRN ENVY
09-26-2012, 9:20am
Thats the issue.

Schools are in the Education business. Not this counseling business, the sex ed business, the Diversity business or the Self Esteem business. When you divert them from their main focus you take away their ability to deliver what we NEED from them.

And I am still waiting for where I called you a wimp.

Well guess what, our education system is basically one of the worst. You aren't going to be able to change it unless you rewrite the whole thing from Pre-K to a masters program for college. Our system now just gives you basics of what you need to be aware of to survive in society, so that is why they do sex ed, diversity, and yes even counseling business. Yes kids have been numbed up a bit, but the doesn't mean the government had something to do with it. I honestly think the media is to blame. They make up this cloud of bullshit, and then everyone protests then the government changes it to make them happy. To me it sound like you opinion is the government shouldn't provide education, the parents/ private schools should.

I never specifically said you called me a whimp, although you did call me a tool, there are sever members here who seem to be on the same thought process as you, so I grouped my responce for all of you in one. Some of my responce was directed more to one individual then the other, I have been on my iPhone so my ability to differentiate my responses are extremely limited.