PDA

View Full Version : This could be my last post

Munch
10-31-2010, 8:16am
Let me start by admitting that putting a wide band on my car is probably my worst idea to date. It has been nothing but a hassle and it will have very limited return.
With that said I am trying to get my drivers side header out to have a bung welded in it and it's a total PITA.:banghead: I have the header almost all the way out but I need to get the car up even higher on my jack stands so I'm about to do that and hopefully the car wont fall and kill me in the process.

I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed this forum, the people on it and if there's an afterlife I hope my Vette is waiting for me there with the stupid wide band already installed.:angel:

Sneaks
10-31-2010, 8:31am
I got dibs on his N20 bottle, NANO system, and interface! Sneaks hatch area would look sweet with a double bottle setup. :above:

Munch
10-31-2010, 8:47am
Sorry Sneaks, didn't get killed but I did F up my front splitter pretty good. As I was jacking up the back the car rolled back off the ramps and caught the splitter.:banghead:

I may have broken some wire connector too but I haven't really looked yet. Just heard crunching and some bits of plastic fell on my head. the header is out but it's an extremely hollow victory. At least I'm older now because if I was 20 I would have started throwing wrenches around the garage and kicking stuff and probably would have done some real damage to the car. It's times like these I really wished I drank

Guess I'll go to Lowes and buy a powerwasher and wash the house today. :sigh:

Garb55
10-31-2010, 9:11am
I'll have a few for you. :beer:

Sneaks
10-31-2010, 10:16am
Sorry to hear that Munchers. How bad is the damage? You have to F it up really bad to not be able to fix it. I've repaired mine a couple times now........:leaving:

PortDawg
10-31-2010, 10:32am
Munch, if it makes you feel better, I took a piece of road trash to the right side of the Z on Friday evening. Damage is right behind the front wheel well. Guess I'll be buying some paint and fiberglass so i can fix it.

It looked like a wheel chock. Actually lifted the car and turned it a bit. Scared the crap out of me. Could not dodge it too much due to traffic.

wwomanC6
10-31-2010, 11:17am
Munch, you could call someone to come help you before you do chit like that. At lease someone is there to call for help if ya drop your car on yourself! Glad your ok and it wasn't any worse. Hopefully the spiltter can be fixed.

Safe tip: Two heads are better than one.

If I'm jacking my car, I call my neighbor Becky to comeover and help or at least be there to keep me from doing silly crap like dropping the car & killing myself!

:cheers:

:squirrelrun:

Y2Kvert4me
10-31-2010, 3:59pm
^ Pretty good advice Munch. Glad you didn't sustain injury and/or serious death. :yesnod:

Btw; I'm planning to unsafely jack my car Tues, Wed, Fri, and (hopefully) twice on Sat.
What's Becky's #? :jester:

:cheers:

03SlowZ06
10-31-2010, 4:04pm
I am confused by this. Munch, man, you live less then 20 minutes from the barn...... It has a lift. Are you scared or does the old man have it on lock down?

Garb55
10-31-2010, 4:07pm
I am confused by this. Munch, man, you live less then 20 minutes from the barn...... It has a lift. Are you scared or does the old man have it on lock down?

:iagree:Would have made it easier and safer.http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/images/icons/bilmem.gif

Munch
10-31-2010, 5:16pm

The car doesn't run at the moment or I most certainly would have taken it to the Barn.

Cobra4B
10-31-2010, 8:01pm
Why do you need to get it higher? Take the valve-covers off, alternator out, spark plugs out, then unbolt the motor mounts from the bottom and use a jack to tilt the motor over thenp ull the header out the top.

Tulsa Vette Guy
01-03-2011, 10:44am
Munch,, Please get some help, Be safe so we can all hear from you again.

PortDawg
01-03-2011, 5:43pm
Can you feel the love... :groupwave: :party:

Eagleeye
01-04-2011, 5:34pm
Ouch !

Bucwheat
02-07-2011, 3:42pm
With all this concern,you would think you can get some actual hands on help!

Tulsa Vette Guy
02-07-2011, 4:29pm
That is scary, Be careful, It scares me every time I put it up on jack stands, But I will do doing It soon, need to put my cats on.