PDA

View Full Version : battery drain

Chuck A
09-08-2012, 8:41pm

havent started the vert for over a month, do you guys think i will have a problem, the bikes have been almost 3 weeks, yes i will be starting all the toys tommorow, how long have you guys gone without starting your toys, the verts battery is one season old, not on tenders

Y2Kvert4me
09-08-2012, 8:53pm
A month is about the limit on a C5. Yours may have enough left to start, but don't be surprised if it doesn't.

Letting it run down (just from sitting) isn't good for the battery. A deep-cycle will tolerate that, a starting battery will not.
Mine goes on a tender if I know it will sit more than a week.

:cert:

Chuck A
09-08-2012, 9:13pm
thanks, since working a lot and the accident i really havent had time, to enjoy.

Chuck A
09-09-2012, 12:42pm
just an FYI, vert started with no problem:hurray:

Bucwheat
09-10-2012, 8:40am
I had a problem with my F-350 not starting after one week,both batteries were like 1 year old. I could not figure out why it would run down in that length of time until one night I walked by the truck and saw a faint light on,the glove box light stayed on all the time,I adjusted the latch and no more problem.

Sneaks
09-11-2012, 8:19pm
I had a problem with my F-350 not starting after one week,both batteries were like 1 year old. I could not figure out why it would run down in that length of time until one night I walked by the truck and saw a faint light on,the glove box light stayed on all the time,I adjusted the latch and no more problem.

Fixed Or Repaired Daily........:D

Man In Black
12-25-2012, 10:17am
Fixed Or Repaired Daily........:D No , Actually that is "FIX OLD RUST DAILY"

bill_daniels
01-07-2013, 10:09pm
I've rarely drive my Vettes, so I have replaced batteries maaaany times, until I got some float chargers. Problem solved. I'd recommend float chargers (like Battery Tender or the ones I got, from Harbor Freight) as a solution for any vehicle not driven frequently. Just make it a habit to put it on, even if you think you might be using it soon. If you don't.....you're good.

Bucwheat
01-08-2013, 8:19am
If I don't drive mine for long periods I also use a trickle charger.

Corvette Don
01-27-2013, 10:57pm
If I don't drive mine for long periods I also use a trickle charger.
I Already Had A Float Charger From Harbor Freight Laying On The Garage Shelf, So This Winter I Hooked It Up To The Vette. Seems OK So Far. Anyone Have Any Experienced With This Model?
(www.tinyurl.com/Float-Charger-c42292)

Chuck A
08-10-2014, 1:08pm
ok i tried starting vert it showed 8 volts but started, brand new battery car hasnt been started i a while, i am getting a charger what do you guys/gals recommend
i

Chuck A
09-07-2014, 1:42pm
need pics of hooking up the trickle charger, was told to get the ctek but since the clamps wont work and the o rings wot help need to see pics of how to connect

Chuck A
09-07-2014, 2:09pm
come on people no one can post a pic of the connection from a tender to a battery??? do i need to get a extension of the bolt or any hep would be appreciated:datawiz:

Norm
09-07-2014, 3:58pm
Google Image is your friend.

https://www.google.com/search?q=battery+tender&biw=1103&bih=717&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=7MUMVLPBM8HbsASY-4HACA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Chuck A
09-07-2014, 4:24pm
Google Image is your friend.

https://www.google.com/search?q=battery+tender&biw=1103&bih=717&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=7MUMVLPBM8HbsASY-4HACA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

yea i have done that:confused5::dance:

RonC5
09-08-2014, 2:20pm
I clip the connectors of the CTEK right on the battery terminals. Never any issues.

Sneaks
09-08-2014, 2:25pm
Battery Tender, clamp it right to the terminals.

Chuck A
09-08-2014, 2:41pm
Battery Tender, clamp it right to the terminals.

I was told to get adapters were they screw into battery and then put the o rings on and tighten them up, but no one has posted a pic of what it actually looks like on the car, but now i get it

Y2Kvert4me
09-08-2014, 3:19pm
The alligator clamps clip onto the 8mm battery terminals just fine....You're overthinking this rather simple task.

If it was a higher current application then using the ring terminals with a sidepost studs might be a better idea, but definitely not needed for a trickle charger.

:cert:

Norm
09-08-2014, 3:25pm
I was told to get adapters were they screw into battery and then put the o rings on and tighten them up, but no one has posted a pic of what it actually looks like on the car, but now i get it

I see no need for adaptors unless you have a closed wiring system where no contact area is present to charge or jump start. I would just clamp right to the terminals. I have a four wheeler, big 0-turn lawnmower that I use battery tenders, straight up clip to the terminals. Do my C3 the same way, have not had any issues.

Chuck A
09-08-2014, 5:04pm
I see no need for adaptors unless you have a closed wiring system where no contact area is present to charge or jump start. I would just clamp right to the terminals. I have a four wheeler, big 0-turn lawnmower that I use battery tenders, straight up clip to the terminals. Do my C3 the same way, have not had any issues.

do you think it would make good contact, i have the c5 with the battery that connections are on the side with the i dont know what its called

Norm
09-08-2014, 6:02pm
do you think it would make good contact, i have the c5 with the battery that connections are on the side with the i dont know what its called

I don't see why not, you get a little spark when making contact, that'll work. I have the car battery in a hole behind the drivers seat with the side mounted terminals on my C3, clamp them on, leave them alone.

Once the battery accepts the trickle charge, as long as the little green light comes on and stays on, walk away for as long you want.

Chuck A
09-08-2014, 6:42pm
I don't see why not, you get a little spark when making contact, that'll work. I have the car battery in a hole behind the drivers seat with the side mounted terminals on my C3, clamp them on, leave them alone.

Once the battery accepts the trickle charge, as long as the little green light comes on and stays on, walk away for as long you want.

ok thanks

04 commemorative
09-25-2014, 3:54pm
every time I pull in garage it goes on the tender.....10 years old and only 2nd battery

Chuck A
09-25-2014, 4:16pm
every time I pull in garage it goes on the tender.....10 years old and only 2nd battery

have you ever noticed the symbol to be in the half battery fill mode, and for how long before it goes into fully charged mode, meaning the green light is on?