PDA

View Full Version : Well boys... I'm C4-less + Bonus C5 coverage

RedLS1GTO
09-04-2012, 8:15pm
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/botch1980/Race%20Car/MKS_1835.jpg

The deal was just made and the '96 is going to a new... errrr... old home. She's going back to the previous owner, Shrek.

Meet the new track car to be. Work starts NOW to get her ready for next year.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/botch1980/Car/IMG_0924.jpg

I've had a good number of cars in my life but I don't think I'll ever have another quite as fun as the old C4.

DukeAllen
09-04-2012, 8:21pm
So should I be sorry or happy for you? It certainly was a beautiful car.

RedLS1GTO
09-04-2012, 8:26pm
So should I be sorry or happy for you? It certainly was a beautiful car.

Right now I'm somewhere in the middle of sad and happy.

I'm certainly going to miss it, but it served it's purpose and did it well. Now it's time for something new.

Frizlefrak
09-04-2012, 8:46pm
I've had a good number of cars in my life but I don't think I'll ever have another quite as fun as the old C4.

:iagree: For all their lumps, they are still a blast to drive. :yesnod:

PLRX
09-04-2012, 9:01pm

:iagree:

These things are street legal bumpy cars. The new Vettes don't ride like that, they are better technology, but feels weird if ever own a C4.

Bryan,

If the Z becomes a race Vette, will you buy a street Vette?

jda67gta
09-04-2012, 9:07pm
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2008/10/3/128674971391395232.jpg

Sad to see it go. Got to see it up close as BRII. Great Car.

C4fan
09-04-2012, 9:21pm
Well,,, condolences and congratulations!! I enjoy my C6 just as much as my C4 just in different ways if that makes sense. And don't worry, if you start to have withdrawal cravings Jon should make a good support sponsor.:seasix:

Taurus
09-04-2012, 9:30pm
So you gave up the C4 to feel the comfort of the C5 as you float down the track. You can admit it, you are channeling your inner Taurus.

RedLS1GTO
09-04-2012, 9:39pm
If the Z becomes a race Vette, will you buy a street Vette?

I might down the road. When I originally bought the Z06 I fully planned on turning it into a track car. When the time came, I didn't have the heart to cut it up. At the time, it was my daily driver which didn't help (I also had an old Yukon) I found the '96 and the rest is history.

With the new 3500 Denali taking care of the DD duties, I have a little more room to play with the Z06 without worrying about ruining it as a driver although for the time being I am going to keep it mostly stock other than the safety goodies. I haven't decided yet whether it is getting a roll bar or a full cage yet. Eventually I would like to take it door to door as an ST2 car.

So you gave up the C4 to feel the comfort of the C5 as you float down the track. You can admit it, you are channeling your inner Taurus.

Hell, I can have the radio and A/C kicking and do it in comfort. :cool:

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
09-04-2012, 9:46pm

Lumps ...and bumps!

Congratulations! :cert:
Can you give us pix of the process of the transition? Like in a thread of it's own? I think that would be a great thing to see what goes out, how it goes out and how things are changed around...

mike100
09-04-2012, 10:15pm
If you get too many cars, you can spread yourself thin and never drive the extra one. The new owner will have some enthusiasm to fix up some of the things it probably needs and you get a chance to do something different.

I bought my C4 on a dare as a cheap DD, but ended liking it.

Shrek
09-05-2012, 5:54am
Thanks Bryan! See ya soon!!!!:dance::dance:

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq186/2manyvettes24/96/1996CorvetteRaceCar013.jpg

WW7
09-05-2012, 6:38am
Well , at least someone at the Barn still owns it...:D...Hope the new car works out well for you....:)...WW

five-oh
09-05-2012, 7:55am
After yesterday, I wish I were C4 less....or had a stick of the other C4. :lol: Got a tow truck coming to take mine home today.:leaving: Glad I have more than one vehicle....

And man, I want a C4 that looks like yours did, just a little more stock/streetable. That is one of my favorite C4s...

RedLS1GTO
09-05-2012, 8:00am
Can you give us pix of the process of the transition? Like in a thread of it's own? I think that would be a great thing to see what goes out, how it goes out and how things are changed around...

I can certainly do that but at least for the short term, it isn't going to be anything really major. Initially I am looking at brakes and ducting, harness bar (eventually full cage), accusump, wheels/tires, possibly a new gear (3.73), and maybe if I get really crazy an installed halon system. Who knows, I might even throw the old Corsa Ti exhaust back on it.

If you get too many cars, you can spread yourself thin and never drive the extra one. The new owner will have some enthusiasm to fix up some of the things it probably needs and you get a chance to do something different.

As of right now, the only things that I can think of that need to be fixed are a leaky rear pinion seal and whatever the mystery vibration is in reverse that has been there since the beginning. Other than that she's ready to roll.

Thanks Bryan! See ya soon!!!!:dance::dance:

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq186/2manyvettes24/96/1996CorvetteRaceCar013.jpg

Is the 316 on the doors is going to be turned into a 24 again?

Shrek
09-05-2012, 8:28am
Is the 316 on the doors is going to be turned into a 24 again?

Probably leave the 316 for awhile! That way when I piss people off, they'll come looking for you!!:rofl:

RedLS1GTO
09-05-2012, 8:35am
Probably leave the 316 for awhile! That way when I piss people off, they'll come looking for you!!:rofl:

That sounds like a pretty solid plan.

On the flip side, if you find some people pissed off at you and you don't know why... you're welcome. :D

Sweet 90
09-05-2012, 9:30am
Well Bryan, I always enjoyed your racing vids in your C4. Always gave us lowly C4 owners:D a lift to see you passing newer and faster cars:cert:
Glad the new owner is still going to track it and continue to do us proud................ right Shrek??:cert:

Vette Daddy
09-05-2012, 3:00pm
Sorry to see that car go......:sadangel:

I would have loved to have bought it. the new track car looks like a very good start.

Any paint scheme decided on yet?

RedLS1GTO
09-05-2012, 4:45pm
Sorry to see that car go......:sadangel:

I would have loved to have bought it. the new track car looks like a very good start.

Any paint scheme decided on yet?

I'm definitely sad to see it go too.

The new track car is the '02 that I have owned since '05 and used as a DD for most of that time. It has some small issues but should be a nice start. If I decide to go all out on another track car I'll probably do the smart thing and buy an old T1 car as a base with all of the good stuff already taken care of.

I think the paint scheme is exactly what you already see. Some of us don't have the means to put a NCRS worthy paint job on by ourselves. :D

artificer
09-06-2012, 12:09am
Remember I'm Willing the "87" to you!!
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc233/BlakZ06/SideYardSunset-1.jpg

RedLS1GTO
09-06-2012, 6:08am
Holy crap.

Delinquents of C4Gen, let me introduce my old man.

What the hell is an articifer?

Sweet 90
09-06-2012, 10:09am
Holy crap.

Delinquents of C4Gen, let me introduce my old man.

What the hell is an articifer?

Welcome Bryan's Dad to the nut house. Just beware of our mod here, he tends to rule with an iron hand sometimes.:D

I believe an articifer is a craftsman of a high level, I think:seasix:

PLRX
09-06-2012, 10:17am

I'm Pete, Welcome to the Forum. How do we call you?:seasix:

We don't like trolls, hippies, WRXs, and CF rules.

Sweet 90
09-06-2012, 10:20am

We don't like trolls, hippies, WRXs, and CF rules.

:rofl:
I'm Jim, the token Canuck:Sweet90:

five-oh
09-06-2012, 11:36am
I'm Jim, the token Canuck:Sweet90:

You mean the "tokin'" Canadian......I suspect you and a certain hippy hang out exchanging left handed cigarettes when the posse ain't looking....:lol:

Sweet 90
09-06-2012, 11:50am
You mean the "tokin'" Canadian......I suspect you and a certain hippy hang out exchanging left handed cigarettes when the posse ain't looking....:lol:

Bobby for the last time it was a cigarette, honest :rofl:
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/Jadvad/index-23.jpg

five-oh
09-06-2012, 12:04pm
Bobby for the last time it was a cigarette, honest :rofl:
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/Jadvad/index-23.jpg

:rofl: I notice no denial about "hangin' with the hippy"....that worries me more than the maryjane ..

DukeAllen
09-06-2012, 12:46pm

We don't like trolls, liberals, hippies, liberals, WRXs, liberals, Unions, and CF rules.

fixed:D

And I'm Duke the town redneck:yesnod:
http://www.blogwithdad.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Corvett-Monster.jpg

nutz4c4
09-06-2012, 1:43pm
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc233/BlakZ06/SideYardSunset-1.jpg

Welcome..:cert:

WW7
09-06-2012, 2:22pm
Welcome to the barn "Bryan's Dad".... :D ..I'll bet now that your here Bryan straightens out real quick.. He'll be so nice we won't recognize him, but don't let him fool you, he can be real real mean...You should see how mean he is to Trolls and Hippies...:rofl:..WW

By the way, Nice looking 87....:seasix: Are you a John Denver fan??? :hide:

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
09-06-2012, 2:24pm
Welcome, Bryan's dad!

I'm Bunky, the Canuck Rat Transplant/Refugee...:cert:

RedLS1GTO
09-06-2012, 2:30pm
Are you an Obama fan???

Do you think I would claim him if he was? :leaving:

Your ninja edit failed. :rofl:

WW7
09-06-2012, 2:32pm

Damn, not quick enough....:rofl:...After I posted that I had second thoughts......WW

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
09-06-2012, 2:51pm

hahahaha...caught in the act! :rofl:

WW7
09-06-2012, 3:03pm
hahahaha...caught in the act! :rofl:

I've been caught doing much worse then that..trust me....:rofl:...WW

Sweet 90
09-06-2012, 3:09pm

You know the old saying, "Daddy didn't raise no fools":D

You've been here long enough to know it's called a "Hokie":lol:

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
09-06-2012, 5:05pm
fixed:D

And I'm Duke the town redneck:yesnod:
http://www.blogwithdad.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Corvett-Monster.jpg

I love that Redneck Rocket!!:cert:

C4fan
09-06-2012, 5:48pm
Hi Bryans dad. Welcome to our little corner. If you've got a good heart and a twisted mind you may find this place right at home. Oh and Bryan is just a kid compared to most of us. And be careful if he starts pointing them guns at you. He means business then.:D

five-oh
09-06-2012, 6:16pm
I love that Redneck Rocket!!:cert:

Bunky, I'll sell you a "starter kit" to build one of your own. If this '86 keeps messing with me it may even get free shipping courtesy of a stick of dynamite...:lol:

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
09-07-2012, 12:25am
Bunky, I'll sell you a "starter kit" to build one of your own. If this '86 keeps messing with me it may even get free shipping courtesy of a stick of dynamite...:lol:

What's goin' on with it?

artificer
09-07-2012, 12:47am
Thanks All ... for the warm welcomes...:cert: From what I hear you're all great people.. It took a major event like Bryan selling the "96" to get me to actually write something. Every couple months, however I have been signing on and reading parts of the current conversations.... I usually sign off laughing...

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
09-07-2012, 1:01am
Thanks All ... for the warm welcomes...:cert: From what I hear you're all great people.. It took a major event like Bryan selling the "96" to get me to actually write something. Every couple months, however I have been signing on and reading parts of the current conversations.... I usually sign off laughing...

How long have you had your '87? It's a beauty!:seasix:

five-oh
09-07-2012, 7:59am

What's goin' on with it?

Not sure. Drove through the Dodge dealership to look at a diesel Mercedes I was thinking about for a commuter car, and it was running fine. Parked it, took the Mercedes for a test drive, came back and it hasn't run since.

It'll crank and run from starter fluid in the intake, so it is a fuel issue. Didn't seem to have pressure at the fuel rail- didn't have a gauge, so I didn't test it- but I had a new fuel pump with me. Took about ten minutes to change it- nothing. Doesn't seem to be kicking on. I've got the fuel pump relay out now, gonna pick up one this morning. Maybe that's it.

Oh, and Bryan's dad- welcome! I'm the resident cop/hillbilly/moonshiner/possum eater.:D But you knew that if you've been checking in much....

RedLS1GTO
09-07-2012, 8:06am
How long have you had your '87? It's a beauty!:seasix:

The '87 was my first Vette. I got it in 2000. Dad has had it since I went for the new GTO in '04.

The wheels are the stockers from my '02.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/botch1980/3.jpg

Sweet 90
09-07-2012, 9:28am
I usually sign off laughing...

Only usually, damn we must be losing our touch:D

Sweet 90
09-07-2012, 9:32am
Oh, and Bryan's dad- welcome! I'm the resident cop/hillbilly/moonshiner/man cardless/possum eater/Miata/PT Cruiser driver.:D But you knew that if you've been checking in much....
Fixt. Hangin' with Hippies huh:D

DukeAllen
09-07-2012, 10:21am
Only usually, damn we must be losing our touch:D

Nah, sometimes he's probably scared sh!tless at how crazy some of you are.
Of course, I'm the only sane one here:dance::rofl:

five-oh
09-07-2012, 11:13am
Jim, I will have you know I got my mancard back fair and square. I stole it back while you were stoned or passed out.
And the Miata was a one time mis-step, the PTCruiser the wife's. I have valid excuses. :chainsaw:
Beside, Friz had/has a Fiero....that ain't any more less froo-froo than my miata was. :D Why didn't he loose his man/dog card???
Y'all discriminatin' against me 'cause I be tha po-po......:rofl:

WW7
09-07-2012, 11:56am
Jim, I will have you know I got my mancard back fair and square. I stole it back while you were stoned or passed out.
And the Miata was a one time mis-step, the PTCruiser the wife's. I have valid excuses. :chainsaw:
Beside, Friz had/has a Fiero....that ain't any more less froo-froo than my miata was. :D Why didn't he loose his man/dog card???
Y'all discriminatin' against me 'cause I be tha po-po......:rofl:

There you go, as soon as things don't go your way you play the discrimination card....Who does this remind me of ???...:leaving:...WW

DukeAllen
09-07-2012, 12:02pm
There you go, as soon as things don't go your way you play the discrimination card....Who does this remind me of ???...:leaving:...WW

Crissakes...Barry is a cop when he isn't pretending to be POTUS?!
:kick:

WW7
09-07-2012, 12:10pm
Crissakes...Barry is a cop when he isn't pretending to be POTUS?!
:kick:

Who the hells Barry..????..:confused5:.. ........it's "Bobby" .. Got to stop going to the bar for lunch Duke...:slap:...WW

five-oh
09-07-2012, 1:55pm
MOD! WAYNE AND DUKE ARE PICKIN' ON ME!

five-oh
09-07-2012, 1:56pm
There. That'll teach you. And Duke- you are a dead man for comparing me with that sewer rat that has overtaken my country's higest office.

Frizlefrak
09-07-2012, 2:16pm
There. That'll teach you. And Duke- you are a dead man for comparing me with that sewer rat that has overtaken my country's higest office.

That was hitting below the belt. :yesnod: :lol:

Sweet 90
09-07-2012, 2:23pm

That was hitting below the belt. :yesnod: :lol:
Not even I hit that low Bobby. Also re: Miata. You owned it, you drove it and you were seen in public with it. I don't know what else to say:D

five-oh
09-07-2012, 2:36pm
Not even I hit that low Bobby. Also re: Miata. You owned it, you drove it and you were seen in public with it. I don't know what else to say:D

Uhhh...*said weakly* it was fun? Kinda like the fat girl in band and the scooter? (I have a history of poor decisions).:rofl:

Sweet 90
09-07-2012, 2:51pm
Uhhh...*said weakly* it was fun? Kinda like the fat girl in band and the scooter? (I have a history of poor decisions).:rofl:

Just remember, we are here to look out for you and guide you:rofl:

nutz4c4
09-07-2012, 3:19pm

OK...more info on the fat girl and scooter incident...:leaving:

Sweet 90
09-07-2012, 3:23pm
I missed that. Please so help you God Bobby you never owned a scooter too. We can let the fat broad go, I imagine all of us have been there at one time, but a scooter????:rofl:

nutz4c4
09-07-2012, 3:30pm
I missed that. Please so help you God Bobby you never owned a scooter too. We can let the fat broad go, I imagine all of us have been there at one time, but a scooter????:rofl:

Yea the Scooter...WTF were ya thinkin'???

five-oh
09-07-2012, 3:37pm
In the interest of full disclosure- and being a glutton for punishment- it wasn't really a scooter. It was worse. It was a moped, it didn't belong to me, and it threw me off. Wait- that described the fat girl too......:rofl:

I'm done. I'll just take my mancard, cut it up, and lurk now. :lol:

nutz4c4
09-07-2012, 3:40pm
In the interest of full disclosure- and being a glutton for punishment- it wasn't really a scooter. It was worse. It was a moped, it didn't belong to me, and it threw me off. Wait- that described the fat girl too......:rofl:

Wait a minute...So you landed on the fat girl????

Sweet 90
09-07-2012, 3:44pm

Bobby, it amazes me to this day how the Hell you ever made it into your twenties living in the great state of Arkansas with out getting the shit beat out of you every day, maybe that explains why you're a cop now:rofl:

nutz4c4
09-07-2012, 3:47pm

Bobby, it amazes me to this day how the Hell you ever made it into your twenties living in the great state of Arkansas with out getting the shit beat out of you every day, maybe that explains why you're a cop now:rofl:

He made it out of his twenties by crashing a stolen moped and landing on a fat broad..at least thats way I read it..:rofl:

five-oh
09-07-2012, 3:55pm
He made it out of his twenties by crashing a stolen moped and landing on a fat broad..at least thats way I read it..:rofl:

That was on the way outta my teens...:D
Jim- everyone has to have a bad example/ living joke to make 'em feel better about themselves. I served that purpose well..... :rofl:
And yes, one of the better days in my life was the day I arrested a punk that tormented me from nineth grade on. He never dreamed the little twerp would gain a gun- and not be afraid to use it. :rofl:

Sweet 90
09-07-2012, 4:09pm
Let's hope he didn't marry her:rofl:

And yes, one of the better days in my life was the day I arrested a punk that tormented me from nineth grade on. He never dreamed the little twerp would gain a gun- and not be afraid to use it. :rofl:
Which end of the gun did you use on that punk Bobby? Hopefully both:seasix:

Frizlefrak
09-07-2012, 4:19pm

What do bangin' a fat chick and riding a moped have in common? It's fun, as long as nobody finds out......:rofl:

RetiredSFC 97
09-07-2012, 4:24pm
Wow, tracking the Z. Wouldn't be my first choice but I understand.

Cool to see your Dad show up. We really need to speak with him in private if you don't mind.

RetiredSFC 97
09-07-2012, 4:26pm
That was on the way outta my teens...:D
Jim- everyone has to have a bad example/ living joke to make 'em feel better about themselves. I served that purpose well..... :rofl:

That is way too cool. :lol:

Sweet 90
09-07-2012, 4:28pm
What do bangin' a fat chick and riding a moped have in common? It's fun, as long as nobody finds out......:rofl:
:lolsmile::lolsmile:
How true, and I ain't never tellin':D

RedLS1GTO
09-07-2012, 8:19pm
Wow, tracking the Z. Wouldn't be my first choice but I understand.

Out of curiosity, why do you say that?

They are basically track cars right out of the box. It's what they were made for.

Cool to see your Dad show up. We really need to speak with him in private if you don't mind.

:leaving:

DukeAllen
09-07-2012, 8:36pm

Without your man card, are you going to slap me silly or pull my hair?:rofl:

DukeAllen
09-07-2012, 8:38pm

Don't knock it. It's all good, as long as she aint so big you get nose bleeds from getting on top.

Not that I'd know:leaving:

PLRX
09-07-2012, 8:42pm

I dated/banged a plump for about 45 days. It was one of the best sex I ever had. We did the whole Kama Sutra thing in two weeks.

Frizlefrak
09-07-2012, 9:44pm
I hit a fat chick in my car one time. She was standing in the middle of the road....I ran out of gas trying to get around her. :lol:

WW7
09-08-2012, 5:56am
I dated/banged a plump for about 45 days. It was one of the best sex I ever had. We did the whole Kama Sutra thing in two weeks.

The sex is usually great because they are so grateful...:rofl:..WW

DukeAllen
09-08-2012, 9:34am
I hit a fat chick in my car one time. She was standing in the middle of the road....I ran out of gas trying to get around her. :lol:

I bet you bounced off real slow and didn't get a scratch.

Frizlefrak
09-08-2012, 12:01pm
I bet you bounced off real slow and didn't get a scratch.

Like a giant airbag .... :rofl:

Taurus
09-08-2012, 12:46pm
Like a giant airbag .... :rofl:

All right guys, we have have just hit a new low, even for us.:D

Frizlefrak
09-08-2012, 2:51pm
Jon, we've nowhere near reached the bottom of our pit of depravity.....

Taurus
09-08-2012, 3:36pm

What was I thinking................:D

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
09-08-2012, 10:55pm

First one to reach the bottom cleans the drain!!!!:rofl:

C4fan
09-09-2012, 8:11am
First one to reach the bottom cleans the drain!!!!:rofl:

That's a deal but, if there is a drain then we have even farther to go.:D

Frizlefrak
09-09-2012, 9:04am
That's a deal but, if there is a drain then we have even farther to go.:D

:iagree: Through the drain, into the sewer, and deep into the bowels of the earth we shall trek....:yesnod: :lol:

DukeAllen
09-09-2012, 9:33am
:iagree: Through the drain, into the sewer, and deep into the bowels of the earth we shall trek....:yesnod: :lol:

I'm just glad someone is finally offering to clean my drain:D
http://www.blinddaterocks.com/Joke%20cartoons/halloween/toiletInHellweb.jpg

RetiredSFC 97
09-11-2012, 2:57pm
Out of curiosity, why do you say that?

They are basically track cars right out of the box. It's what they were made for.

:leaving:

I know they are, but I do my racing on the street.:leaving: It's a good choice. I just wouldn't want to risk tearing it up. But that's just me, I'm not a racer. If I were, i'm sure I would have one for that purpose as well.

RedLS1GTO
09-12-2012, 8:03pm
I know they are, but I do my racing on the street.:leaving: It's a good choice. I just wouldn't want to risk tearing it up. But that's just me, I'm not a racer. If I were, i'm sure I would have one for that purpose as well.

It's had a rough life already and what I have learned is that pretty much anything I break can be fixed.... better than it was.

I will say that C4 prices are bad. C5 prices are insane. I'm building up my parts inventory and just... :ack:

The list of parts that I am planning on adding to the C5 to get it ready over the winter looks something like this:

T1 Sway Bars
T1 Sachs shocks
Lap-sub belt mounts - B-K, Hardbar?
Front Brakes - AP T1? Wilwood W6A?
Brake lines
Harnesses
Harness hardware
4? 6? point rollbar
Rear Rotors
Rear Pads
Brake Fluid
Tow Hooks
SKF HD bearings/ARP studs
Radiator with EOC
18x10 Rear Z06 wheels on all 4
Tires - Goodyear R? Scrubs?

I shudder when I see the price. ...and it will still be slower than the C4. :willy:

RetiredSFC 97
09-13-2012, 1:51pm
It's had a rough life already and what I have learned is that pretty much anything I break can be fixed.... better than it was.

I will say that C4 prices are bad. C5 prices are insane. I'm building up my parts inventory and just... :ack:

The list of parts that I am planning on adding to the C5 to get it ready over the winter looks something like this:

T1 Sway Bars
T1 Sachs shocks
Lap-sub belt mounts - B-K, Hardbar?
Front Brakes - AP T1? Wilwood W6A?
Brake lines
Harnesses
Harness hardware
4? 6? point rollbar
Rear Rotors
Rear Pads
Brake Fluid
Tow Hooks
SKF HD bearings/ARP studs
Radiator with EOC
18x10 Rear Z06 wheels on all 4
Tires - Goodyear R? Scrubs?

I shudder when I see the price. ...and it will still be slower than the C4. :willy:

Wow, good luck and keep us posted on the progress.

RedLS1GTO
09-16-2012, 5:35pm
The deed is done.

Her last pictures as mine...

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/botch1980/Race%20Car/2012-09-14_18-59-00_963.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/botch1980/Race%20Car/2012-09-15_11-11-10_114.jpg

...and with her new (old) owners. Nice truck BTW.

I couldn't stand to watch it drive away with someone else, but if anybody else has to have it, I'm glad it's you guys. :cheers:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/botch1980/Race%20Car/2012-09-15_14-02-59_563.jpg

Bought the first parts for the 02Z already. If you're going to do it... do it right. :cool:

http://hardbarusa.com/hardbar/images/DSC_0002.jpg

Frizlefrak
09-16-2012, 6:51pm
There's always that icy feeling in the pit of your stomach when a long term car rides off with it's new owners........

mike100
09-16-2012, 9:00pm
There's always that icy feeling in the pit of your stomach when a long term car rides off with it's new owners........

I felt that way a couple of times when I was younger and had lots of custom work in my rides, but I'm a car trading whore nowadays. got about as much attachment to my junk as a used car dealer. Well, I'm somewhat fond of my C6 because it hurt me to buy it and I can't go out and get another one anytime I want, but for regularly priced cars...:D

mike100
09-16-2012, 9:02pm
The deed is done.

ooohhh $$$ AP $$$

nice.

C4fan
09-16-2012, 9:37pm
Bought the first parts for the 02Z already. If you're going to do it... do it right. :cool:

Very nice. A couple of years ago we were at the Texas Motor Speedway and were watching the Vettes running on the infield road course. A C5 over heated his rear brakes and as he slowed down to come off the course his RR burst into flames. It was so hot the fire extinguishers couldn't stop it from burning. They did get it out but not before wrecking the rear end. I always figured good brakes are a must after that.

RedLS1GTO
09-17-2012, 7:43am
ooohhh $$$ AP $$$

nice.

I managed to get a smokin' deal on a set that is less than a year old. I was originally going to go with the exact same Wilwoods that I had on the '96.

I felt that way a couple of times when I was younger and had lots of custom work in my rides, but I'm a car trading whore nowadays. got about as much attachment to my junk as a used car dealer. Well, I'm somewhat fond of my C6 because it hurt me to buy it and I can't go out and get another one anytime I want, but for regularly priced cars...:D

I don't get attached to most cars either. If someone offered me a fair price, I'd sell pretty much any of them. This 1 was different simply because it is such a unique car. It is safe to say that you will not ever see another like it. When you pull into a paddock with it, people look. In a place full of $$$$ cars, that isn't easy to do, especially with an old C4 Corvette. On top of that it is an absolute blast to drive. It is loud, obnoxious, brutally rough, and unforgiving... exactly like it should be. :D

I have to admit that there was also a big satisfaction of taking a Corvette which doesn't usually get a lot of respect and outrunning some of today's best with it. Definitely surprised people to look back and see the old C4 gaining on them.

Very nice. A couple of years ago we were at the Texas Motor Speedway and were watching the Vettes running on the infield road course. A C5 over heated his rear brakes and as he slowed down to come off the course his RR burst into flames. It was so hot the fire extinguishers couldn't stop it from burning. They did get it out but not before wrecking the rear end. I always figured good brakes are a must after that.

I had a brake "incident" a couple of years ago with the J55 brakes on the C4. No brakes at the end of a long straight is not a good feeling. The Wilwoods were ordered a couple of days later. I never want that feeling again.

RedLS1GTO
09-21-2012, 7:59pm
Work has started on the C5. I've laid out my game plan and quite simply, I am not going to get into the same boat as I was in with the C4. It was stooopid fast but completely unclassable for competition. The C5Z will be built in stages, first with HPDE in mind, then moving on to competition and into a specific class once the landscape of SCCA/NASA become more clear.

In she goes...

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/botch1980/02Z%20Race%20Car/2012-09-19_17-09-12_821_zps65ec819c.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/botch1980/02Z%20Race%20Car/2012-09-19_17-51-55_541_zps2bf51498.jpg

Tow hook on, I think that makes it official, right?

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/botch1980/02Z%20Race%20Car/2012-09-19_19-39-08_34_zps0e7776e3.jpg

SKF HD bearings:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/botch1980/02Z%20Race%20Car/2012-09-21_18-26-59_428_zps859a78cc.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/botch1980/02Z%20Race%20Car/2012-09-21_17-52-23_249_zps4a332516.jpg

SKF compared to stock: These Mofos are BEEFY

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/botch1980/02Z%20Race%20Car/2012-09-21_18-31-09_794_zpse05438c1.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/botch1980/02Z%20Race%20Car/2012-09-21_18-30-00_707_zps8bbf70d6.jpg

More to come. OMP 6 point harness came today as well as the hardbar mounting bracket. Those aren't going to go in until I decide what I am doing for a rollbar or cage.

I love the C4 but damn... working on the C5 is a breeze so far in comparison.

PLRX
09-21-2012, 9:15pm
I love the C4 but damn... working on the C5 is a breeze so far in comparison.

The first time I did some work on a C5, it was so easy that it got me angry. I guess the C4 fixed all the BS, and made the C5~C6 an easy car to work.

To align a C5 is a total joke compared to the C4, and many other things.

The oil change is not...:rofl:

RedLS1GTO
09-21-2012, 10:15pm
The oil change is not...:rofl:

Oil change on the C5 is easy compared to the '96 with the headers, oil cooler lines etc in the way.

Only thing I have found so far that is more difficult is actually getting it up in the air.

RedLS1GTO
09-25-2012, 1:30pm
Well... I went and did it now. I got a deal that I just couldn't pass up and now these are on the way:

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj591/95jersey/IMG_1254_zpsd73baa57.jpg

PLRX
09-25-2012, 6:21pm
Well... I went and did it now. I got a deal that I just couldn't pass up and now these are on the way:

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj591/95jersey/IMG_1254_zpsd73baa57.jpg

Compared to the C4 coilover installation, those are a walk (blindfolded) in the park to install.

Bryan, the C5 front shock tower is thinner than the C4's. I would recommend you to do what you recommended me to do on mine. :seasix:

Now...I've seen many C5 with coilovers (Track, street and Auto-X), and none failed yet.

You already know that :D

RedLS1GTO
09-28-2012, 10:19am
Now...I've seen many C5 with coilovers (Track, street and Auto-X), and none failed yet.

You already know that :D

Don't know if you have seen this yet... pretty cool.

LG Motorsports - Coil Over R&D Test Video - FULL VERSION - YouTube

It's like Christmas coming home to all of these lovely boxes full of goodies! :dance:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/botch1980/02Z%20Race%20Car/2012-09-27_12-17-16_477.jpg