PDA

View Full Version : Need your help with something....WW

WW7
07-29-2012, 8:05am
I think this may be my first Corvette related thread on this site...:D.......Last night on my way home from a Cruise-in I ripped my front spoiler to pieces on a railroad track, now I have to decide what to do because my body kit hasn't been made for 23 years so getting an original isn't an option...This morning I removed the front spoiler to see how the car would look without it. Personally I don't think it looks to bad but I know you guys will give me honest opinions on this, so here goes...With out the spoiler I will probably have to get one of the original Corvette spoilers or "whatever there called" to help get air up to the radiator..I never really liked my front spoiler anyway because it stuck out to far in the front of the car and made it look to long..Also , removing the rest of the body kit isn't an option right now because it will leave holes and I don't have the money to fill the holes and repaint the car..Please let me know if you think it will look ok with just the original stock spoiler setup, and if not, what you think would work.....Thanks for your help....:seasix:.....WW

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc281/rkfee/vette6.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc281/rkfee/vette5.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc281/rkfee/vette2.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc281/rkfee/vette1.jpg

Taurus
07-29-2012, 10:09am
Looks OK to me, I would just add the air dam back to it, should be fine.

Sweet 90
07-29-2012, 10:13am
:iagree:
FYI. I remember from CF a few years ago that some or most of the after market air dams being very brittle. The consensus was use OEM as they were much softer and less prone to breaking and also more expensive.:cert:

PLRX
07-29-2012, 11:10am
The air dam needs to be installed. Have you considered a bigger wing?

I see you cloned this thread on the CF and I think that was a big mistake. The mentally challenge there like Sweet's pal Sam Ruger, Mr.T, Mr. Calendar and many others will try to explain to you these options:

1. Super Glue the old one.
2. To buy The Prowler.
3. To Buy the original air dam.
4. To buy reproduction.
5. They will ask if your Vette is a Z51.
6. The ones with front spoilers will state they drive thru RT and never had that problem.
7. Others will suggest to buy the Greenwood Kit
8. Few will post the "I Agree" smiley
9. Once the thread gets out of hand HP will post the "POP" smiley.

PLRX
07-29-2012, 11:16am
Well, Muffin already posted at 646AM #7

Frizlefrak
07-29-2012, 1:11pm

C4fan
07-29-2012, 6:47pm

:iagree: with the others. The stock air dam looks just fine on these cars.

WW7
07-29-2012, 8:01pm
The air dam needs to be installed. Have you considered a bigger wing?

I see you cloned this thread on the CF and I think that was a big mistake. The mentally challenge there like Sweet's pal Sam Ruger, Mr.T, Mr. Calendar and many others will try to explain to you these options:

1. Super Glue the old one.
2. To buy The Prowler.
3. To Buy the original air dam.
4. To buy reproduction.
5. They will ask if your Vette is a Z51.
6. The ones with front spoilers will state they drive thru RT and never had that problem.
7. Others will suggest to buy the Greenwood Kit
8. Few will post the "I Agree" smiley
9. Once the thread gets out of hand HP will post the "POP" smiley.

I know there will be alot of dumb sh*t answers from some guys over on the CF, but there are still a few " Good" guys left over there, not many, but a few..Anyways , thanks for the comments , I always know I'll get straight answers from you guys..............Well , most of the time anyway...:D.....If I do go with the stock air dam, aren't there some metel bars that I have to get for the left and right side of the air dam???.I've never had to deal with this before because I've always had the Greenwood spoiler on the car......WW

Norm
07-29-2012, 8:07pm

:iagree: You're not that far away from Carlisle, you never know, may be one sitting around up there. Good luck on your quest.

DukeAllen
07-29-2012, 8:49pm

:iagree: Or you could go all CF on it with some old cardboard and some duct tape :D

mike100
07-29-2012, 10:29pm
It would probably look fine, the 90 and previous air dam is pretty vertical and would fill in the space visually.

Epimax
07-30-2012, 5:31am

Pete K
07-30-2012, 7:48am
My opinion is it needs to be re-installed (Greenwood piece).
Looks out of balance without it.

WW7
07-30-2012, 6:24pm
My opinion is it needs to be re-installed (Greenwood piece).
Looks out of balance without it.

Well look what the cat drug in....Hi Pete, haven't heard from you in awhile, how's it going... As far as the Greenwood piece goes, it's busted to pieces, with alot of the pieces missing and on the road somewhere.. I tried to find a replacement but there's nothing out there close to the original ..I contacted the people that own Greenwood now and they said they can't help me..Looks like the stock air dam is the only option until I come across something I like...:seasix:..WW

Sweet 90
07-31-2012, 4:46pm
Wayne, I've got it for you. Just a little black paint and you're done. You might try Bill for this and if he has it in stock, he could fax it you today:D
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/Jadvad/imagesqtbnANd9GcS6KqmOcBjXsXGhCfLk6.jpg

WW7
08-01-2012, 6:31am
Wayne, I've got it for you. Just a little black paint and you're done. You might try Bill for this and if he has it in stock, he could fax it you today:D
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/Jadvad/imagesqtbnANd9GcS6KqmOcBjXsXGhCfLk6.jpg

I like it Sweets, most of my car is put together with duct tape anyway, whats a little more tape going to hurt...:seasix:. Once I get this kit on my car it will just Scream,........... "IM FROM WEST VIRGINIA"...WW

DukeAllen
08-01-2012, 7:40am
I like it Sweets, most of my car is put together with duct tape anyway, whats a little more tape going to hurt...:seasix:. Once I get this kit on my car it will just Scream,........... "IM FROM WEST VIRGINIA"...WW

But will your sister/wife ride in it after all that?:D

RetiredSFC 97
08-01-2012, 8:35am
Well if you can't repair the old one and you can't take off the rest of it, what choices are left? replacing the whole kit.

I had a kit on a 94 Cougar the front piece was always catching on something. It broke and I was able to repair it with fiberglass. But I could repair it is the difference here.

I would start looking for someone who may have that piece. It may be a long journey but it's worth a shot.

But for now I wouldn't worry too much about it.

C4fan
08-01-2012, 10:18am

Thanks for catching that potential sale there Jim,:seasix: we do have the Greenwood Paper version in stock. And don't worry about the duct tape, we can fax duct tape in any Corvette paint code to give that "almost" seamless look.

BTW, to do our part we only use recycled electricity through our faxes.

Sweet 90
08-01-2012, 10:58am
Bill might have that in the John Denver Collection Series as well:seasix:
Thanks for catching that potential sale there Jim,:seasix: we do have the Greenwood Paper version in stock. And don't worry about the duct tape, we can fax duct tape in any Corvette paint code to give that "almost" seamless look.

BTW, to do our part we only use recycled electricity through our faxes.
Glad to be of assistance Bill. Recycled electricity?? Are we turning a little "Tree Huggerish" there my friend?:D

C4fan
08-01-2012, 1:30pm
Bill might have that in the John Denver Collection Series as well:seasix:

Glad to be of assistance Bill. Recycled electricity?? Are we turning a little "Tree Huggerish" there my friend?:D

We tried to do the John Denver series but the test cars kept crashing into the ocean.

My public relations guy is a democrat. He said it would be OK to lie about caring about the environment.

DukeAllen
08-01-2012, 2:10pm
Recycled electricity?? Are we turning a little "Tree Huggerish" there my friend?:D

Do you have any idea how dirty and harmful used electricity is? It's shocking I tell you!

C4fan
08-01-2012, 3:20pm
Do you have any idea how dirty and harmful used electricity is? It's shocking I tell you!

It's amazingly safer for small children though, once used it's no longer a choking hazard.:seasix:

DukeAllen
08-01-2012, 3:23pm
It's amazingly safer for small children though, once used it's no longer a choking hazard.:seasix:

How do you get them to sit still in the chair?

C4fan
08-01-2012, 3:59pm
How do you get them to sit still in the chair?

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii316/tuffLUV_photos/BS/thechair.jpg