PDA

View Full Version : Fresh 'no sugar' blueberry jam......

Kerrmudgeon
07-28-2012, 6:02am
It's blueberry season and I'm always trying to develop no sugar stuff, and this is a winner. Every bit as good if not better than store bought blueberry jam.

Rinse 2 pint containers of blueberries and put them into a covered saucepan. Add the juice of one whole lemon (I used 2 small limes) and bring to a slow boil. Mash the mixture with a potato masher a little, then add one packet of unflavoured gelatin and stir a couple of minutes until it's all dissolved. Let it cool until slightly warm and add some stevia to sweeten to taste, I used about one level teaspoon (it's VERY concentrated sweetness) Stir in well and taste to see if more is needed. You can always add more, but you can't take it out, so go little by little. Pour into sterilized jars, makes 2 small jars or one large. Refrigerate and use it up fairly quickly.....there's no preservative crap in it. :cert:

I put it on dark rye toast in the morning.....YUMMY!:sneaks:

Bucwheat
08-31-2012, 8:12am
Great Idea Robbie ,I have to try that one,I get tired of the Smuckers stuff.

Kerrmudgeon
09-02-2012, 7:47am
Great Idea Robbie ,I have to try that one,I get tired of the Smuckers stuff.

It's probably about the same price, but has a lot more fruit in it, 100% fruit as a matter of fact. And you can use the same formula for any berry, or peaches etc. :seasix:

Yamma
09-03-2012, 7:33am
I've been wanting to try jams and jellies - my sister has been making them and swears they are WAY better than the store bought stuff. I love blueberries and this sounds super quick and easy. :D