PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using header studs instead of bolts?

Cobra4B
10-23-2009, 3:40pm
After using valve cover studs on the Panoz I'm in love w/ studs (man that sounds gay, but you get the point). Makes install and gasket placement so much easier.... don't have to hold everything in place and worry about cross-threading a bolt etc.

I see that Thunder Racing carries and ARP header stud kit for our motors. Anyone have any experience w/ it?

I'm about to get some new headers and it seems like a no brainer.

Y2Kvert4me
10-23-2009, 3:45pm
I don't have them (yet), but they are sweet for the reasons you noted.

I never really saw the "need" for them, but after helping a firend (who has them) with a h/c swap earlier this year, I'll pick up a set if I have to take the headers off again.

Just like the head studs (those I do have), they are a no-brainer to install.

:cheers:

Y2Kvert4me
10-23-2009, 3:46pm
And why new headers? Did you sell your old ones when you planned to put it back to stock?

Cobra4B
10-23-2009, 3:46pm
Cool... I'll spend the extra coin when I decide to get my headers.

And why new headers? Did you sell your old ones when you planned to put it back to stock?

Yeah... sold the Kooks, currently have 100% stock exhaust on the car, but w/ a Halltech Venom intake and the cam still in it.

Going to get some coated ARHs w/ cats and install the Corsa Extremes I have sitting in the garage. Car sounds like dookie right now... so quiet and neutered.

willyfastz
10-24-2009, 7:44am
Deff. worth the money, they also clamp tighter so you have less chance for a leak.

vsocks
11-02-2009, 6:39am
Yeah, they are nice. Appreciate them when you take headers on & off for sure. Helps hold gasket and hang headers with one person too!

Jeffyvette
11-15-2009, 5:01am
I have ARPs on my TT 01 ZO6. They work great for the reasons you noted above.