PDA

View Full Version : RANCHO CUCAMONGA

PLRX
07-17-2012, 1:45pm
Rancho Cucamonga Corvette Hit and Run (http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-rancho-cucamonga-hit-and-run,0,6273453.story)

Suspect In Cyclist Hit and Run Was Driving Red Corvette

KTLA News

9:44 a.m. PDT, July 17, 2012
RANCHO CUCAMONGA (KTLA) -- Authorities said Tuesday that the suspect in the hit-and-run death of a 25-year-old cyclist in Fontana was driving a dark red Chevrolet Corvette convertible.

Alex Patrick Silva, a Fontana resident, was riding his bike with with a friend just a mile from his home on Wilson Avenue east of San Sevine Road around 11:55 p.m. Thursday when he was hit from behind by a car.

The driver fled the scene.

Silva was taken to Kaiser Foundation Hospital where he later died.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff Coroner Department said Tuesday that calls from witnesses led them to believe the car was a 2000 model.

The vehicle also had damage to its left front bumper, fender and driver's side, as well as damage to the convertible top and a broken windshield and driver's side window, the sheriff's department said in a statement.

"We were all in a state of shock," Silva's cousin Marissa Olivar told KTLA.

The incident is under investigation.

"I know my brother wants us to be strong and we will be strong and catch the person who did this," Alex's brother Arthur Silva told KTLA.

Anyone with information is asked to call San Bernardino County Sheriff's detectives at (909) 477-2800 extension #7680.

mike100
07-17-2012, 4:36pm
They just caught a kid who killed some young mexican on a bike in a hit-and-run at 1 in the morning here in SD, but it was a neighbor who ratted him out on the smashed bumper because the only other witness was dead.

Not sure how it will work out- guy on bike had no illumination and was in BFE no street light area between cities.

Frizlefrak
07-17-2012, 6:03pm
Well, it can't be Crocamonga. His only has 1" of red left....on the top of the passenger door. :lol:

Sad....hope they catch the bastard.

PLRX
07-17-2012, 6:50pm
Well, it can't be Crocamonga. His only has 1" of red left....on the top of the passenger door. :lol:

Sad....hope they catch the bastard.

:iagree:

What if all that paint flaked off?:leaving:

Taurus
07-17-2012, 6:52pm

Really, we all know his eyesight isn't that good, he may have thought it was Pete in the road.:D

PLRX
07-17-2012, 7:01pm
Really, we all know his eyesight isn't that good, he may have thought it was Pete in the road.:D

Why would he not like me? I haven't done anything wrong to him, but to expose the truth.

Wathen1955
07-17-2012, 9:01pm
WTF are people out late at night riding a bike? If I had to, I would make sure to wear something that reflects light.
http://www.night-gear.com/stores/n/nightgear/catalog/8228HLHG.jpg
and for the ladies:
http://www.bikecommuters.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/vespertine2.jpg

PLRX
07-17-2012, 9:06pm
WTF are people out late at night riding a bike? If I had to, I would make sure to wear something that reflects light.
http://www.night-gear.com/stores/n/nightgear/catalog/8228HLHG.jpg
and for the ladies:
http://www.bikecommuters.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/vespertine2.jpg

well Charlie, the rest of those late night bicyclists morons wearing flat black clothes and no lights post in the CF-C4 General.

C4fan
07-17-2012, 9:44pm

I think we should turn him in just in case. You can never be too careful.:rofl:

C4fan
07-17-2012, 10:03pm
When I lived in Odessa, TX there was a guy who rode a bike every morning dark early on Faudree Rd. It was dark and there was not much traffic or stops. The only reflectors this guy had was on his peddles and amazingly when they reflected off your headlights they looked like a car way off in the distance. Before you knew it you were right on top of him. Several of us at work would drive that road and encountered him. We all said one of these days that guy would get hit. Sure enough watching the news one night and they were talking about a guy who was killed while riding a bike before daylight. This guy just had a deathwish.

PLRX
07-17-2012, 10:12pm
When I lived in Odessa, TX there was a guy who rode a bike every morning dark early on Faudree Rd. It was dark and there was not much traffic or stops. The only reflectors this guy had was on his peddles and amazingly when they reflected off your headlights they looked like a car way off in the distance. Before you knew it you were right on top of him. Several of us at work would drive that road and encountered him. We all said one of these days that guy would get hit. Sure enough watching the news one night and they were talking about a guy who was killed while riding a bike before daylight. This guy just had a deathwish.

Bill you can tell us that you and your friends were also laughing your butts off.

C4fan
07-17-2012, 10:28pm
Bill you can tell us that you and your friends were also laughing your butts off.

They were but not me:leaving:

PLRX
07-17-2012, 10:34pm
They were but not me:leaving:

Bill, I do believe you. :seasix:

C4fan
07-17-2012, 10:45pm
Honesty and trust is the glue that holds us together on VBC4:rofl:

PLRX
07-17-2012, 10:58pm
Honesty and trust is the glue that holds us together on VBC4:rofl:

Amen