PDA

View Full Version : What a way to wake up in the morning.

kylebuck
07-06-2012, 7:09am
While checking my emails this morning I was confronted with two emails that stated I may be ineligible for financial aid this coming school year. Geeeee that's great when I checked on all of this in may and I was in good standings. I passed all but one class this year. (English last semester ****ed me because I neglected to realize we had a paper due during thanksgiving break and had to retake the class in the spring,which I passed.) So now I get to go jump through hoops today.

-rant off

R.Zaragoza
07-06-2012, 7:14am
:sadangel:

Jeff '79
07-06-2012, 7:21am
What a PITA. I feel for ya man....Just doing it the correct way to begin with is a PITA, let-a-lone having to go through what you have to now...Good luck. It'll work out for you, though...

Bucwheat
07-06-2012, 7:23am
Thank Obama for your problem.

kylebuck
07-06-2012, 7:26am

Unlike most Americans I'll take responsibility for all of this and blame no one. For blaming someone that this does not affect is like yelling at the sun for being bright in the early morning. Pointless and makes you look like a fool.

Jeff '79
07-06-2012, 7:31am

Thank Obama for not doubling the interest rates on student loans too...
Gee, I wonder who originally timed that vote...

erickpl
07-06-2012, 7:38am
Unlike most Americans I'll take responsibility for all of this and blame no one. For blaming someone that this does not effect is like yelling at the sun for being bright in the early morning. Pointless and makes you look like a fool.

Okay, I have to ask, how in the world would you not know due dates of major assignments, even if it is over a break in the semester? You have a syllabus, you're told the dates.

I'm glad you blame nobody but yourself, but c'mon. That stupid mistake is EASILY avoidable by simply reading what you're given and paying attention!

Good luck getting things straightened out though! Since you retook the class, hopefully they'll let ya through and not block the aid.

mikeg826
07-06-2012, 7:41am
TGIF!

DJ_Critterus
07-06-2012, 7:42am
Joe, usually they put you on Academic Probation before cutting financial aid. Ask me how I know....

Is there a bit more to this story we aren't hearing, Mr. Honor Grad?

kylebuck
07-06-2012, 7:57am
Okay, I have to ask, how in the world would you not know due dates of major assignments, even if it is over a break in the semester? You have a syllabus, you're told the dates.

I'm glad you blame nobody but yourself, but c'mon. That stupid mistake is EASILY avoidable by simply reading what you're given and paying attention!

Good luck getting things straightened out though! Since you retook the class, hopefully they'll let ya through and not block the aid.

The thing about that class was I had it early at 7:30, so it didn't register. If I remember correctly she moved the due date around , though I can't remember if it was up or back. So after all that the paper was to be submitted online. 100% my fault on missing the paper and I'm not complaining about that class, I'm just aggravated because retaking this class and having to drop buisness calculus, put me behind on their projected 67% completion requirement.

Craig
07-06-2012, 8:03am
My daughter faced the same thing, she's worked real hard this summer to come up with the bucks to go back this Fall.

kylebuck
07-06-2012, 8:25am
My daughter faced the same thing, she's worked real hard this summer to come up with the bucks to go back this Fall.

Too late for me to do that.

VetteBoy1979
07-06-2012, 8:29am
My morning was way better. Went for a jog and took the kayak out for a paddle.

Seriously, sorry to hear man. Gotta stay on top of that stuff. You'll get it.

kingpin
07-06-2012, 8:48am
At least you're not one of those people who glides by easily in life. :datawiz:

kylebuck
07-06-2012, 8:51am
At least you're not one of those people who glides by easily in life. :datawiz:

They don't up grade a situation from fubar to joebuck for no reason there moosey

Giraffe (He/Him)
07-06-2012, 8:54am

Give that shit a ****ing rest cowboy. This thread isnt about your political bullshit agenda.

NEVRL8T
07-06-2012, 9:07am
If it makes you feel any better my FAFSA (and Amanda's) got flubbed, I don't have any grants for this fall, and I can't do my research to get paid.

I'll find out in a week or two if I have any money coming in at all starting in August...if not...I don't know if I'll even be able to pay the bills.

David, if it's presentable here, how did it get flubbed? My daughter will be going to school in a year and this makes me very nervous.

Utah997
07-06-2012, 9:13am

This is why I didn't go to college, what a pita....assignments? A syllabus (whatever that is) ugh :leaving:

kylebuck
07-06-2012, 9:43am
This is why I didn't go to college, what a pita....assignments? A syllabus (whatever that is) ugh :leaving:

If I could have a life like I want with out college I would do it. In the long run my life will be better with more security than if I didn't go
To
College

FasterTraffic
07-06-2012, 10:26am

A syllabus for each class is great. How else are you going to know what days you can go to the beach?

:D

pappytinker
07-06-2012, 10:41am
Unlike most Americans I'll take responsibility for all of this and blame no one. For blaming someone that this does not effect is like yelling at the sun for being bright in the early morning. Pointless and makes you look like a fool.

Maybe you want to think about taking that English class again;

affect/effect (http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/affect.html)

xXBUDXx
07-06-2012, 10:44am

:issues::rofl::rofl:

kylebuck
07-06-2012, 11:01am

What's that thing bender used to say on futurama,oh yea

Bite my shiney metal ass.

FasterTraffic
07-06-2012, 11:11am
Bite my shiney metal ass.

"shiny"

pappytinker
07-06-2012, 12:11pm
"shiny"

I rest my case.

MEC5LADY
07-06-2012, 12:18pm
When the guy came to fix the AC after it being out for over two weeks in 100 degree heat he told me to look at every situation and try to make a positive out of it. So, I told him if he didn't positively get my AC working again I would kick his azz. I think I kinda like this new way of thinking.:cert:
One day at a time, one problem at a time. :grouphug:

onedef92
07-06-2012, 12:21pm
I rest my case.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f253/Rosalyn89/spock.jpg

Eminently logical and shit.

kylebuck
07-06-2012, 1:10pm
I rest my case.

Oh look at you trolling my thread. Want a gold star?

DJ_Critterus
07-06-2012, 1:50pm
"shiny"

white boy problems.

ft laud mike
07-06-2012, 4:31pm
I feel your pain, went to community college for 2 yes (more affordable), moved on to state school. Applied for & got a Pell grant (bout $2000 IIRC), second semester (as a Junior) in engineering program I became scared I would recieve a "c" in a general Engineering course (Circuits I)..at the time I was really worked up about grades so I decided to drop the class & retake it the following semester. Unbeknownst to me.. dropping this class put me below the threshold percentage of completed courses to remain eligible for the Pell Grant.
In my dumazz brain my solution was to join the Army, get the GI bill and return after my stint.
Unfortunately, not using calculus, diff equations for a while makes you forget it..
And thats how I landed the great gig I have now
:leaving:
:cert:

Allan
07-06-2012, 8:47pm
a Utah post.

Blast from the past.

btw - JB, stay the course!

Jeff '79
07-06-2012, 8:49pm
a Utah post.

Blast from the past.

Typical hit & run........:Jeff '79:

pappytinker
07-06-2012, 9:20pm
Oh look at you trolling my thread. Want a gold star?

If you don't want people to read what you post and comment on what they read, DON'T POST IT. This is a relatively public forum. When someone broadcasts their ignorance for all of us trolls to see they should expect comments, college boy.

Blademaker
07-06-2012, 9:37pm
Quit bitching.

You got up this morning on this side of the grass.

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

Bill
07-06-2012, 9:39pm
joebuck,

This is a real, semi-serious, proposed solution to your English class woes:

Start posting up your completed English class papers and assignments for the VB to proofread and/or make corrective improvements to before turning them in.

Let the spelling and grammar Nazis work FOR you, for a change.

kylebuck
07-06-2012, 9:39pm
If you don't want people to read what you post and comment on what they read, DON'T POST IT. This is a relatively public forum. When someone broadcasts their ignorance for all of us trolls to see they should expect comments, college boy.

Ohhhh Internet tough guy. I'm known for my manny misspellings. Din feet as a typo is easy to be Mad.e iPhone no good for forum. Also to correct you on your use of the word ignorance. By accusing me of ignorance you assume that I lack the knowledge of proper grammar. That assumption is a falsehood. I just don't care to proof read since this is an public forum. Which in I would consider on par with an Internet chat room or an IM or instant messenger.
So please continue questioning my intelegence sir.

Rob
07-06-2012, 9:42pm

Can I do the same? :D

CubSmurf
07-06-2012, 9:45pm
Ohhhh Internet tough guy. I'm known for my manny misspellings. Din feet as a typo is easy to be Mad.e iPhone no good for forum. Also to correct you on your use of the word ignorance. By accusing me of ignorance you assume that I lack the knowledge of proper grammar. That assumption is a falsehood. I just don't care to proof read since this is an public forum. Which in I would consider on par with an Internet chat room or an IM or instant messenger.

Have to agree. One of the many things JB is known for, is his tragically bad spelling. If you were a hiring manager, and this was the resume he submitted to you, then by all means flame away. It's not. It's an Internet message board. Lighten the 'F' up Pappy...

Blademaker
07-06-2012, 9:45pm
intelegence

*Intelligence

:D:leaving:

kylebuck
07-06-2012, 9:46pm
*Intelligence

Thanks Steve. I'm typing on my iPhone while watching Ted... Kinda hard for spelling .

Blademaker
07-06-2012, 9:48pm
Thanks Steve. I'm typing on my iPhone while watching Ted... Kinda hard for spelling .

As I said, Tough times don't last, tough people do. :seasix:

kingpin
07-06-2012, 9:51pm
*Intelligence

plus...plus...plus...plus...:D
You could go on for a while. :datawiz:

kylebuck
07-06-2012, 10:05pm
plus...plus...plus...plus...:D
You could go on for a while. :datawiz:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m187/joebuck89/8827c8d6.jpg

;)

kingpin
07-06-2012, 10:09pm
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m187/joebuck89/8827c8d6.jpg

;)

Well that makes 2 of us JB.

Blademaker
07-06-2012, 10:12pm
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55UA06X3jv8/T43MuGD5AsI/AAAAAAAAAs8/BhmbRg_gyXs/w664-h437-k/sorry_but.gif

kingpin
07-06-2012, 10:19pm
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55UA06X3jv8/T43MuGD5AsI/AAAAAAAAAs8/BhmbRg_gyXs/w664-h437-k/sorry_but.gif

When you're established you can give less ****s.
When you're not you should give a lot of ****s!
This is just my opinion though.

Repetition is good education for the brain.

island14
07-06-2012, 11:49pm
I always had troubles spelling Diesel and Wednesday..

Spell check is a wonderful blessing