PDA

View Full Version : Best bad news ever!

Munch
07-02-2012, 10:09am
Took the wife for a cruise in the Vette last Sunday and then we stopped for ice cream on the way home. I go to leave the ice cream place and no start.:willy:

It wasn't clicking but just trying to turn over extremely slow so I gave it another minute and tried one last time. It still turned over really slow and sounded like an old tractor that almost starts but not quite but then it caught and roared to life. :hurray:

I was sad all the way home and convinced myself I was going to have to pull all the grounds and spend a few days trying to find the bad one because I read so many threads about bad grounds as it is. The car sat in the garage all week and I didn't go near it except to connect the battery charger when I parked it.

Anyway.. this morning I take the battery down to napa and have them load test it and you would have thought I just sunk the winning put at the Masters when they showed me it was bad. The guy said I was the happiest person he ever saw who found out their battery was bad.
:dance:

Cliffs: My battery died.

wwomanC6
07-02-2012, 4:50pm
Glad to hear it was only the battery! :hurray:

:squirrelrun:

Garb55
07-06-2012, 8:40pm
:seasix: Ground chasing is no fun!!

Milton Fox
07-06-2012, 9:37pm
:hurray::hurray::hurray:

RetiredSFC 97
07-09-2012, 12:40pm
sounded like a battery. When it's hot a bad batt will rear it's ugly head out of nowhere

Bucwheat
07-13-2012, 1:30pm
I had that happen to my F-350 diesel and thought it was the batteries(two) it turned out to be the starter which was the cost of one battery.:hurray: