PDA

View Full Version : Creamed Corn

LisaJohn
06-29-2012, 8:40am
How do y'all fix it to put up?

Or in English: How do you prepare creamed corn for the freezer?

Bucwheat
06-29-2012, 8:53am
There is a local BBQ house near here that makes the best I have ever tasted,they use white and yellow corn ,wish I knew the secret .

allthrottleandsomebottle
06-29-2012, 9:07am
Prepare as you normally would, just put creamed corn in a zip-lock type of bag and squeeze out all the air or bag & heat seal which is what i do a lot of!
It should be used within a few months.

NeedSpeed
06-29-2012, 10:58pm
Hadn't had any in years :willy:

pappytinker
06-30-2012, 7:22am
Can't figure out why anyone would WANT to fix it, much less put it up.

Yamma
07-02-2012, 2:09pm
Can't figure out why anyone would WANT to fix it, much less put it up.

We used to buy tons of ears of corn - mom and dad made us shuck it, ziplock it, freeze it. Had enough for a year. :seasix:

LisaJohn
07-02-2012, 4:29pm
36 pints of creamed corn in the freezer.:hurray:

kingpin
07-02-2012, 7:28pm
How do you cream corn?

LisaJohn
07-03-2012, 4:37pm
How do you cream corn?

Buy 10 pounds of corn seed @$9.97 pound. Plant it. Hope it gets enough rain. Hope the deer, raccoon and turkey's don't eat all of it. Hope it doesn't burn up in the heat before its ready. Check it often because when it's ready to be pulled you have to work fast. Send John to the cornfield to pull the corn. When he returns with a truck load we shuck it, silk it and wash it. We cut it off the cobb with a corncutter. When the dishpan is full of cut corn I put it in a huge double boiler and blanch or cook it until it thickens and changes color and consistency. You have to stir it with a big wooden spoon constantly so it doesn't stick. We take turns stirring. Dump it into another pan to cool. After the corn cools, package it and put it in the freezer.