I guess they made great money and it's time to do it again. :D

Saturday June 1: Arlington, TX

Sunday June 2: Texarkana, AR

Monday June 3: Little Rock, AR

Tuesday June 4: Memphis, TN

Wednesday June 5: Birmingham (Hoover), AL

Thursday June 6: Chattanooga, TN

Friday June 7: Charlotte, NC

Power Tour 2013 ? Dates and Cities - Hot Rod Magazine Blog (http://blogs.hotrod.com/power-tour-2013-%e2%80%93-dates-and-cities-29187.html#ixzz1z1dNtJ5H)

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/plrx/Corvette%20Runs/2013%20Road%20Trip/2013%20HRPT/2013Route.jpg

RetiredSFC 97
06-27-2012, 3:31pm
Wow I'm surprised with Memphis and especially Little Rock. Those who were at Little Rock a few years ago said it was horrible. They had the event in thug city and most of the hotels in the area were surrounded by thug city as well. People stayed up all night watching their cars from what I heard.

Memphis is thug city, better watch where they go,

Chattanooga would be a good place as far as I know. It's really pretty around there.

I'm considering sitting out next years PT as of now. May change my mind. But like I said before it takes away a lot of driving from me, for the summer, and the cost takes away a lot of short side trips as well.

BUT, that drive would most likely be the best since I've been going.

RetiredSFC 97
06-27-2012, 3:38pm
I don't know. I may just start in Memphis next year. Memphis to NC is great driving, even the interstates are pretty cool in places.

PLRX
06-27-2012, 4:00pm
:iagree:

with LR and Memphis. I visited both of them and looked like a big cluster.

I like the route though. I would take 95 South, visit friends and family in Florida, hump on the 10 West and have a beer with Friz in El Paso.:cert:

five-oh
06-27-2012, 4:48pm
Wow I'm surprised with Memphis and especially Little Rock. Those who were at Little Rock a few years ago said it was horrible. They had the event in thug city and most of the hotels in the area were surrounded by thug city as well. People stayed up all night watching their cars from what I heard.

Memphis is thug city, better watch where they go.

:iagree: It is sad that the main venue, the state fairgrounds, is in the middle of the ghetto. Personally, while I'm happy it's coming through, and I'll try to go during the day, there's no way I'd stay there at night. I'd drive 20 miles or so west to Conway and enjoy a peaceful night, then just meet up the next morning.
I'll probably try to take a couple days off and drive from Little Rock to Memphis at least. It looks like it'd be cool to do,,,,

RetiredSFC 97
06-27-2012, 4:58pm
:iagree: It is sad that the main venue, the state fairgrounds, is in the middle of the ghetto. Personally, while I'm happy it's coming through, and I'll try to go during the day, there's no way I'd stay there at night. I'd drive 20 miles or so west to Conway and enjoy a peaceful night, then just meet up the next morning.
I'll probably try to take a couple days off and drive from Little Rock to Memphis at least. It looks like it'd be cool to do,,,,

I dated a girl from Conway once. Nice girl but it was long distance and didn't work. Oh well.

Yeah it was at the Fairgrounds, that's what the issue was according to RollaMo.

I said I wasn't going next year but overall I do like the route. I may go and start in LR so we can maybe meet up. I want to start in a place I can drive in one day if possible. That two days to get there sucks. I know I shouldn't cry, Pete started in CA, but hey what can I say.:rofl:

I'm sure we'll be discussing it again in the coming months.

PLRX
06-27-2012, 5:12pm
You guys are pointing out few key words: suck, ghetto, thief, Flavor Flav, thug, fairgrounds, up all night watching their vehicles, etc.

I like the route, but it doesn't take seven days to drive that distance. The day I left Arlington around 10 AM I made it to Monterey, TN by 10 PM.

Like I already said, I like the route and if I do this I would drive the Dragon and Cherohala again.

Are there any attractions within that route? I already saw Bill's Library, Ruby's fall and Graceland. What's in Birmingham?

Wathen1955
06-27-2012, 7:05pm
You guys are pointing out few key words: suck, ghetto, thief, Flavor Flav, thug, fairgrounds, up all night watching their vehicles, etc.

I like the route, but it doesn't take seven days to drive that distance. The day I left Arlington around 10 AM I made it to Monterey, TN by 10 PM.

Like I already said, I like the route and if I do this I would drive the Dragon and Cherohala again.

Are there any attractions within that route? I already saw Bill's Library, Ruby's fall and Graceland. What's in Birmingham?I heard while in Tennessee to visit the Jack Daniels Whiskey Distillery: http://www.jackdaniels.com/visit

PLRX
06-27-2012, 7:17pm
I heard while in Tennessee to visit the Jack Daniels Whiskey Distillery: http://www.jackdaniels.com/visit

:seasix:

It was on my plans, but that rain storm changed few things.

mike100
06-27-2012, 10:13pm
I would stay in the 'Sip before I would park my car in Memphis. Tupelo has a pretty cool automotive museum plus I have worked there before.