PDA

View Full Version : Head games

Y2Kvert4me
08-13-2010, 6:02pm
Which heads on a 2000? - Corvette Forum (http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-tech/2658342-which-heads-on-a-2000-a.html)

See pic in 2nd post.

If anyone cares to clue them in...

Those are 035 castings, which are 6.0l LQ9 truck heads. (equivalent to 317 castings). Never came stock on any LS1 or C5.

There is no such thing as an 835 casting, plus the D-shaped exhaust port of those pictured give them away as a large-runner factory head. (which narrows it down to a 243, 799, 317, or 035 casting).
The 6.0 heads are basically just large chamber (71cc) versions of the LS6 heads, many choose to use them on FI LS1 applications where lowering compression can be beneficial.

The OP's 2000 would have come stock with 853 head castings. :yesnod:

:cheers:

Munch
08-13-2010, 6:40pm
The guy got his question answered but I couldn't help but set the other guys straight for ya. :thumbs:

Plus now people are gonna think I'm smart!

Y2Kvert4me
08-13-2010, 6:50pm
Just wait, you'll probably get another 5 people there disagreeing with you. :rofl:

Thanks for sharing a bit of knowledge though. This cross-forum game is kinda fun to me. If only they knew....

Munch
08-13-2010, 6:53pm
I was going to credit you but I didn't wanna get banned as a co-conspirator.

Y2Kvert4me
08-13-2010, 7:07pm
I was going to credit you but I didn't wanna get banned as a co-conspirator.:lol:
Last I checked a couple months ago, I'm not actually banned there.

I was put on moderation till like November, in which a Mod must read and approve any post I make before it will be posted. I ain't playing that game, so I'm done there for good by my own choosing. :seeya:

But yet I still don't mind helping out the regular folk who ask simple honest questions and get returned with mostly :bs: answers.

Not seeking credit at all, if people find you smart because of that, roll with it. :D

Sneaks
08-13-2010, 8:12pm
:lol:
Last I checked a couple months ago, I'm not actually banned there.

I was put on moderation till like November, in which a Mod must read and approve any post I make before it will be posted. I ain't playing that game, so I'm done there for good by my own choosing. :seeya:

But yet I still don't mind helping out the regular folk who ask simple honest questions and get returned with mostly :bs: answers.

Not seeking credit at all, if people find you smart because of that, roll with it. :D

You're a true credit to the corvette world Y2! :cheers:
I did go in there and gave a little boot to the Barn on that one. :D