PDA

View Full Version : Why hello, HELLO!!!!

drmrman
06-05-2012, 6:28am
My girlfriends pop got a loaded 2008 C6 last weekend. He let me drive it a few times. Ive got the bug. I may be back with a vette sooner then later..........

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/282611_10150943076899655_1265153163_n.jpg

five-oh
06-05-2012, 6:51am
My girlfriends pop got a loaded 2008 C6 last weekend. He let me drive it a few times. Ive got the bug. I may be back with a vette sooner then later..........

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/282611_10150943076899655_1265153163_n.jpg

:rofl: Ready to sell that '32 yet?!?

C4fan
06-05-2012, 8:26am
Corvette fever! There's no cure, you can only treat it with owning one. :D

Sweet 90
06-05-2012, 9:18am
Unfortunately it is an incurable disease, and has brought down better men than you. Now hurry up and get one:D

five-oh
06-05-2012, 10:07am
and has brought down better men than you.
How true. Its got me three different times, I keep having relapses. :lol:

Sweet 90
06-05-2012, 10:11am
How true. Its got me three different times, I keep having relapses. :lol:

I'm going to let this one slide Bobby, just so you can say that I'm not always mean to you:D:lol:

five-oh
06-05-2012, 10:15am
I'm going to let this one slide Bobby, just so you can say that I'm not always mean to you:D:lol:

You ARE always mean to me. Heck, ya called me a liberal ten minutes ago! It don't get no meaner or insulting than that!:issues:

mike100
06-05-2012, 10:32am
The C6's are light years ahead of the C4 in refinement and responsiveness. They also aren't suffering from some self imposed 5.7 liter restriction that GM had in the prior to 2000, so that doesn't hurt either.

I was just thinking the other day why I don't just daily drive my '08- probably should.

Sweet 90
06-05-2012, 10:36am
You ARE always mean to me. Heck, ya called me a liberal ten minutes ago! It don't get no meaner or insulting than that!:issues:

No, I just questioned the fact is all:D Even I wouldn't call a self respecting (taking out the one time Miata ownership being a PT Cruiser owner and a suspended man card owner out of the equation :D) southerner a liberal; never :D

five-oh
06-05-2012, 10:49am
No, I just questioned the fact is all:D Even I wouldn't call a self respecting (taking out the one time Miata ownership being a PT Cruiser owner and a suspended man card owner out of the equation :D) southerner a liberal; never :D

My mancard was re-einstated!:issues:

drmrman
06-05-2012, 10:52am
The C6's are light years ahead of the C4 in refinement and responsiveness. They also aren't suffering from some self imposed 5.7 liter restriction that GM had in the prior to 2000, so that doesn't hurt either.

I was just thinking the other day why I don't just daily drive my '08- probably should.

Yes sir! But about the 5.7..... I'm looking into c5's. Don't think I'm going to be able to afford a c6. And I don't want a base c6. The gs's and the z06 bodys are soooooooo much more attractive. If I buy a base c5 coupe there's money in the budget to supercharge it.

Sweet 90
06-05-2012, 10:59am
Not until you can spell:D
Yes sir! But about the 5.7..... I'm looking into c5's. Don't think I'm going to be able to afford a c6. And I don't want a base c6. The gs's and the z06 bodys are soooooooo much more attractive. If I buy a base c5 coupe there's money in the budget to supercharge it.
:iagree: A supercharged C5 would be pretty cool though:seasix:

DukeAllen
06-05-2012, 11:00am

Provisionally, provided we don't catch you driving a blue prius.:yesnod:

Taurus
06-05-2012, 11:37am

Obviously I have driven both. They feel the same on the road and the late C5s like mine feel about as responsive as the C6s. Try to find a 2004 if you go the C5 rout, all the bugs were out of them by then. There were a coupe of critical recalls concering the column lock and fuel filler hose crossover, make sure those have been done and stay away from the magnetic ride control if possible, very pricey to repair.

five-oh
06-05-2012, 11:37am
Provisionally, provided we don't catch you driving a blue prius.:yesnod:

So a red prius will be okay?:seasix: Just trying to clarify before I buy one....:lol:

five-oh
06-05-2012, 11:39am
Obviously I have driven both. They feel the same on the road and the late C5s like mine feel about as responsive as the C6s. Try to find a 2004 if you go the C5 rout, all the bugs were out of them by then.

Stupid question, what was the last year for the FRC? 2001? I'd love a Z06, love the looks, but they're still outta my price range. I might can swing an FRC, and toy with it......

mike100
06-05-2012, 1:04pm
If I had to buy a C5, I would go for the Z06, naturally, but second to that, a regular FRC that was in good condition.

I like the look, plus the targa top has been the bane of Corvette's existence for a few decades now. The FRC helps keep the chassis stiff and makes for a solid feeling car without the squeaks or extra weatherstripping to worry about.

I found a 99 FRC in white here in SD Co with 6000 miles on it. 6 spd, with good options. It was as much as a Z06 though, but what a find...I thought about unloading the ZR-1 to get it.

C4fan
06-05-2012, 1:19pm
Before I bought the C6 I considered buying an FRC that was, what looked like, factory 600 hp super charged (I think). It had the HP on the valve covers but that still could have been aftermarket. It looked like one bad mutha. I don't remember it being Callaway either but at the time I didn't know that much about them and still don't. It sold before I could get down to look at it.

drmrman
06-05-2012, 4:26pm
Well we will see.... I have to finish the 32 first....and Get it road worthy to sell it for a good profit.... So we will see. Maybe in the not so distant future :)

DukeAllen
06-05-2012, 4:35pm
Well we will see.... I have to finish the 32 first....and Get it road worthy to sell it for a good profit.... So we will see. Maybe in the not so distant future :)

Pro-fit? What is this "profit" you speak of?:yesnod:

five-oh
06-05-2012, 4:48pm
Pro-fit? What is this "profit" you speak of?:yesnod:

It's an alien word to me as well...:D
And it particularly concerns me when used in connection to his '32....I would love to add that to my collection of completely unnecessary autos that I putter around in.:leaving:

Sweet 90
06-05-2012, 5:00pm
I would love to add that to my collection of completely unnecessary autos that I putter around in.:leaving:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/Jadvad/imagesqtbnANd9GcT-xEDj8xSmdIzfBL-UV.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/Jadvad/imagesqtbnANd9GcQw5IR0LdhGfZZw_uGyk.jpg:D:D

five-oh
06-05-2012, 5:06pm
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/Jadvad/imagesqtbnANd9GcT-xEDj8xSmdIzfBL-UV.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/Jadvad/imagesqtbnANd9GcQw5IR0LdhGfZZw_uGyk.jpg:D:D

:slap::kick:

I said UNNECESSARY. Those are plainly necessary vehicles. How else could I express myself?!? :rofl:

Sweet 90
06-05-2012, 5:09pm
:slap::kick:

I said UNNECESSARY. Those are plainly necessary vehicles. How else could I express myself?!? :rofl:
:rofl:
One mans necessary is one mans.................... aw forget it, I promised myself to be nice to you today:D :cert:

DukeAllen
06-05-2012, 5:15pm
One mans necessary is one mans.................... aw forget it, I promised myself to be nice to you today:D :cert:

Speak for yourself :D
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nWHscd4dt4I/T61bMEQQN2I/AAAAAAAAAhk/1DPg5xA5nKg/s1600/Gay-Pride-Rainbow-Poster-715307.jpg

five-oh
06-05-2012, 5:16pm

You break promises to the rest of us in regards to that subject daily. Why should a promise to yourself be any different? :D

Bring it on, Kittah! I'll just add to the book I've got going for when you wander through here.....:rofl:

five-oh
06-05-2012, 5:18pm
Speak for yourself :D
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nWHscd4dt4I/T61bMEQQN2I/AAAAAAAAAhk/1DPg5xA5nKg/s1600/Gay-Pride-Rainbow-Poster-715307.jpg

:rofl: Lord, Duke, what did I ever do to you?? I don't remember arresting you- yet. :D

DukeAllen
06-05-2012, 5:19pm
You break promises to the rest of us in regards to that subject daily. Why should a promise to yourself be any different? :D

Bring it on, Kittah! I'll just add to the book I've got going for when you wander through here.....:rofl:

I can't wait to read that one :lol:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/149/387417484_e1dd87815b.jpg

DukeAllen
06-05-2012, 5:20pm
:rofl: Lord, Duke, what did I ever do to you?? I don't remember arresting you- yet. :D

I claim mob mentality. Or plead insanity. Whichever gets me off:D

five-oh
06-05-2012, 5:28pm
I claim mob mentality. Or plead insanity. Whichever gets me off:D

The only mob that I'll accept is a mob of dead presidents. You don't die, I buy Joe's '32 with the proceeds, and Joe buys his 'vette. Works out for all of us. I love a happy ending.:rofl:

DukeAllen
06-05-2012, 5:33pm
The only mob that I'll accept is a mob of dead presidents. You don't die, I buy Joe's '32 with the proceeds, and Joe buys his 'vette. Works out for all of us. I love a happy ending.:rofl:

You sure you aren't from chi-town?

Did I mention all the Italians in my wife's "family" and the favors they owe me?:rofl:

five-oh
06-05-2012, 5:36pm
You sure you aren't from chi-town?

Did I mention all the Italians in my wife's "family" and the favors they owe me?:rofl:

I see your Eye-talians and raise you a Mexican Brother-in-law....:D

And I was just trying to find a peacful solution to our issues. Geez, get touchy, why doncha? :rofl:

Sweet 90
06-05-2012, 5:38pm

I've been very nice to you today, just don't get used to it:D

Is this what they call "Police Brutality" by any chance?:rofl:

Sweet 90
06-05-2012, 5:39pm
I can't wait to read that one :lol:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/149/387417484_e1dd87815b.jpg

Duke, I'd be lucky if I looked that good when Bobby finishes with me:D

five-oh
06-05-2012, 5:41pm
I've been very nice to you today, just don't get used to it:D

Is this what they call "Police Brutality" by any chance?:rofl:

Trust me, you'll KNOW it when "police brutality" happens to you if I get to play a part....:lol:......I'll be glad to demonstrate if you'll just come by......

DukeAllen
06-05-2012, 5:47pm
I see your Eye-talians and raise you a Mexican Brother-in-law....:D

And I was just trying to find a peacful solution to our issues. Geez, get touchy, why doncha? :rofl:

OK I back down. I can't compete with complimentary lawn care:lol:

five-oh
06-05-2012, 5:49pm
OK I back down. I can't compete with complimentary lawn care:lol:

:rofl::rofl:Don't make me have him trim your hedge.....:leaving:

DukeAllen
06-05-2012, 6:06pm
:rofl::rofl:Don't make me have him trim your hedge.....:leaving:

Well as long as he stops at the bikini line:rofl:

drmrman
06-05-2012, 7:21pm
Let's see...... I bought at a good price.... Put a lot of time and energy into it :) and now I'll sell it for more!

drmrman
06-05-2012, 7:22pm
It's an alien word to me as well...:D
And it particularly concerns me when used in connection to his '32....I would love to add that to my collection of completely unnecessary autos that I putter around in.:leaving:

Ill Give you a deal you can't say no to!!!!!!!!

five-oh
06-05-2012, 7:55pm

Brother, me saying "No" is NEVER the problem. It's the wife and the banker who give me issues. I swear they are related to Sweetsie. :rofl:

Nonetheless I am interested.....

DukeAllen
06-05-2012, 8:22pm

He's from Arkansas. Will it come with blocks or does he use the ones already in front of his trailer?:rofl:

five-oh
06-05-2012, 8:34pm
He's from Arkansas. Will it come with blocks or does he use the ones already in front of his trailer?:rofl:

Think I'll buy new blocks fer this'n. It's SPESHUL.

Besides, last time I used the blocks I already got, one broke, truck fell and killed muh favorite possum huntin' dawg....:sadangel:

Oh and Duke- you're a prick. Just thought I'd mention that.:rofl:

drmrman
06-05-2012, 8:40pm
Brother, me saying "No" is NEVER the problem. It's the wife and the banker who give me issues. I swear they are related to Sweetsie. :rofl:

Nonetheless I am interested.....

Lets make a deal :D

Road trip to jersey!?!?!?! :D

drmrman
06-05-2012, 8:41pm

Parking brake works ;)

DukeAllen
06-05-2012, 8:42pm
Oh and Duke- you're a prick. Just thought I'd mention that.:rofl:

honey is that you?:rofl:

five-oh
06-05-2012, 8:44pm
Lets make a deal :D

Road trip to jersey!?!?!?! :D

I DO have an uncle that lives in Upstate New Yawk....I bet I could combine a visit with him and a pick-up.....hmmm....maybe I need to talk to my banker.

Taurus
06-05-2012, 8:47pm
Let's see, driving a '32 down the street in Arkansas, why does that seem appropriate?

DukeAllen
06-05-2012, 8:49pm
Let's see, driving a '32 down the street in Arkansas, why does that seem appropriate?

A fire started on some land near a farm in Arkansas. The county fire department was called to put out the fire. The fire was more than the county fire department could handle. Someone suggested that a nearby volunteer bunch be called.
Despite some doubt that the volunteer outfit would be of any assistance, the call was made.
The volunteers arrived in a dilapidated old '32 fire truck. They rumbled straight towards the fire, drove right into the middle of the flames and stopped! The firemen jumped off the truck and frantically started spraying water in all directions. Soon they had snuffed out the center of the fire, breaking the blaze into two easily controlled parts.
Watching all this, the farmer was so impressed with the volunteer fire department's work and was so grateful that his farm had been spared, that right there on the spot he presented the volunteers with a check for $1,000. A local news reporter asked the volunteer fire captain what the department planned to do with the funds.
'That ought to be obvious,' he responded, wiping ashes off his coat. 'The first thing we're gonna do is get the brakes fixed on our fire truck!'

drmrman
06-05-2012, 8:50pm
I DO have an uncle that lives in Upstate New Yawk....I bet I could combine a visit with him and a pick-up.....hmmm....maybe I need to talk to my banker.

Get talking! :dance:

five-oh
06-05-2012, 8:50pm

Trust me amigo- it is. We are the place time stands still... When I'm not out in the Corvette, I'd fit almost all the stereotypes.
I drive a '46 Chevy truck more than anything I own, wear overalls, listen to bluegrass, fish, and lie about how great I used to be.....Come visit me for a day and you'll either love it and move here, or run screaming for dear life at the mere mention of a banjo..:rofl:

DukeAllen
06-05-2012, 8:52pm
Pic of 46 Chevy?
And banjo.:D

Taurus
06-05-2012, 8:54pm
Trust me amigo- it is. We are the place time stands still... When I'm not out in the Corvette, I'd fit almost all the stereotypes.
I drive a '46 Chevy truck more than anything I own, wear overalls, listen to bluegrass, fish, and lie about how great I used to be.....Come visit me for a day and you'll either love it and move here, or run screaming for dear life at the mere mention of a banjo..:rofl:

Spent many weeks in Arkansas, I always enjoyed myself there except the two weeks I spent in LR in August a few years back. Waaaaaaaaaaay too humid.

drmrman
06-05-2012, 8:57pm
Oh by the way... I finished all the wood in the cab!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/542082_10150892132874655_1914269316_n.jpg

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/578137_10150892131549655_1220051732_n.jpg

five-oh
06-05-2012, 9:00pm
Pic of 46 Chevy?
And banjo.:D

This is what "Rusty" looked like a couple of years ago....
http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/five-oh_photos/Pic049.jpg

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/five-oh_photos/user46584_pic51215_1235172387_thumb.jpg

Since those were taken, he's lost the whitewalls- they were biasply and rode way too rough- and his wheels are now black.

He's being prepped for paint now- just a low gloss black that will befit him, he's just my good ole truck, not a show ride.
This stupid truck means more to me than any other material possession I have, because of the good days me and my little girl enjoy in it...

DukeAllen
06-05-2012, 9:04pm
It pegs the cool o meter. Red wheels with wide whites do it for me, but I forgive you for replacing them, as long as you don't go 90s retro with billet.:seasix:

five-oh
06-05-2012, 9:08pm
It pegs the cool o meter. Red wheels with wide whites do it for me, but I forgive you for replacing them, as long as you don't go 90s retro with billet.:seasix:

That would be like dressing grandma up in a miniskirt and hooker boots. :D

The wide whites do it for me, too, but radial wide whites cost over $230 a pop, and I drive down alot of dirt roads to get to Chey (my five year old daughter's) favorite fishing hole. Just wasn't worth it. I've still got the bias plies, in case I go to a show....

Sweet 90
06-06-2012, 12:40am
This is what "Rusty" looked like a couple of years ago....

He's being prepped for paint now- just a low gloss black that will befit him..

Cool truck Bobby, but don't most men name their trucks, (now I'm trying to be tactful here)........... after women:leaving:

drmrman
06-06-2012, 6:31am
Im with sweeties here.... If you take the 32.... Her name must remain Delilah!

five-oh
06-06-2012, 6:38am
Cool truck Bobby, but don't most men name their trucks, (now I'm trying to be tactful here)........... after women:leaving:

For what it's worth, oh wise cat, the '46 (Rusty) was named by the previous owner's grandson, and my daughter chose to keep the name. I usually name my vehicles swear words....:D

Sweet 90
06-06-2012, 9:38am
I usually name my vehicles swear words....:D
:lol:
:seasix:

RetiredSFC 97
06-11-2012, 7:18pm
Unfortunately it is an incurable disease, and has brought down better men than you. Now hurry up and get one:D

No kidding. everytime I get annoyed at mine and think about getting rid of it, I grab a wrench and start fixing whatever it is that has me pissed off. Then I'm all better again.

:dance: