PDA

View Full Version : Well gents, it's been nice knkowing you all...

Wathen1955
06-03-2012, 11:10pm
as I'm selling my C4 and getting a smart car :leaving:

Actually, I'm leaving Monday for San Diego to fly out to Virgina Beach to meet up with my 27yr old son. On Wednesday at the crack of dawn, we start driving back to Hemet, CA. We should be back by Saturday evening. The wife and daughter are heading off to Colorado to check out the colleges. I'm not going back to work until the 13th. My son and I will be pulling a small trailer with his F150. We plan to head south and hit the 40 going west, then in Arizona, we go south and hit the 10.

Just kidding about the selling the C4, but I'm sure I got your attention. :D

Virginia Beach, VA to Hemet, CA - Google Maps

Taurus
06-03-2012, 11:18pm
as I'm selling my C4 and getting a smart car :leaving:

Actually, I'm leaving Monday for San Diego to fly out to Virgina Beach to meet up with my 27yr old son. On Wednesday at the crack of dawn, we start driving back to Hemet, CA. We should be back by Saturday evening. The wife and daughter are heading off to Colorado to check out the colleges. I'm not going back to work until the 13th. My son and I will be pulling a small trailer with his F150. We plan to head south and hit the 40 going west, then in Arizona, we go south and hit the 10.

Just kidding about the selling the C4, but I'm sure I got your attention. :D

Virginia Beach, VA to Hemet, CA - Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Virginia+Beach,+VA&daddr=Hemet,+CA&hl=en&ll=33.063924,-95.932617&spn=26.886344,44.165039&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.644639,88.330078&geocode=Fb5UMgId_6p4-ymnJxX86MG6iTFzAS6jgBAWBA%3BFUDyAgIdQCYH-SmpFZaFN2TbgDHCcLVo9nY8aQ&oq=Hemet,+CA&mra=ls&t=m&z=5)

You don't learn do you? Don't you remember how well it went for the dog when he told us he was leaving and wouldn't be able to check in? I can see the age jokes starting already.

Seriously, have a great trip and be safe.:seasix:

Wathen1955
06-03-2012, 11:24pm
You don't learn do you? Don't you remember how well it went for the dog when he told us he was leaving and wouldn't be able to check in? I can see the age jokes starting already.

Seriously, have a great trip and be safe.:seasix::cert:

Your right about the age...damn feet still hurt, but my right foot has improved 95% since last November. My left foot is another story. Some days, it feels fine for a few days, then it hurts again at the heel.

Frizlefrak
06-03-2012, 11:40pm

Seriously, have a great trip and be safe.:seasix:

:iagree: Nahhhh....don't worry. We'll behave. :leaving:

:D Have a safe trip. :cert:

Wathen1955
06-04-2012, 12:42am

:D Have a safe trip. :cert:Fritz - if you weren't so far south, I'd be tempted to visit for a few hours.

Sweet 90
06-04-2012, 12:50am

:D Have a safe trip. :cert:
Oh yeah, not to worry, we'll have your back. Think I've heard that somewhere before:D
Have a safe trip:cert:
Fritz - if you weren't so far south, I'd be tempted to visit for a few hours.

All I can say, if you do visit him, make sure your A/C is in top condition, and I mean top:rofl:

five-oh
06-04-2012, 6:43am
You know, your route west on I40 will literally put you coming through my area. If you've got time, give me a call and I'll buy a crotchety old goat a coke.......And I promise I won't ticket ya.:D

C4fan
06-04-2012, 7:50am
You know, your route west on I40 will literally put you coming through my area. If you've got time, give me a call and I'll buy a crotchety old goat a coke.......And I promise I won't ticket ya.:D

Same here. I know you'll be on a schedule but if time allows give me a shout. Can't promise anything about a ticket though.

Have a safe trip.

RedLS1GTO
06-04-2012, 8:51am
Have a great trip.

If I still lived in VB I'd buy you and your son a beer. Make sure that you hit up Catch 31 on the beach if you want some good seafood (and usually some good... ummm... scenery :boobies:) while you're out there. :cheers:

Wathen1955
06-04-2012, 11:04am
Same here. I know you'll be on a schedule but if time allows give me a shout. Can't promise anything about a ticket though.

Have a safe trip.Give me your info and I'll give you a shout time permitting.

Wathen1955
06-04-2012, 11:18am
Have a great trip.

If I still lived in VB I'd buy you and your son a beer. Make sure that you hit up Catch 31 on the beach if you want some good seafood (and usually some good... ummm... scenery :boobies:) while you're out there. :cheers:Thanks. My son was living there due to the Navy. He gets out on the 5th after 6 years and 2 tours in Iraq. My wife and I stayed in VB a couple of years ago for vacation. We stayed right at the beach with a window overlooking the ocean.

beadist
06-04-2012, 11:53am
Have a safe, fun trip :seasix: I was on I-40 between Memphis and Nashville last week and the amount of truck traffic was unreal. Almost as bad as I-10. Be careful.

Frizlefrak
06-04-2012, 12:16pm
You know, your route west on I40 will literally put you coming through my area. If you've got time, give me a call and I'll buy a crotchety old goat a jug o' 'Shine and some Possum Stew.........And I promise I won't ticket ya.:D

Fixed. :D

five-oh
06-04-2012, 12:20pm
Fixed. :D

Not on the first date....:lol: We saves the good stuff fer later.:rofl:

Sweet 90
06-04-2012, 1:37pm

Damn Bobby, if that's the good stuff, I shudder to think of the bad:D

DukeAllen
06-04-2012, 2:16pm

Run if he pulls out a banjo
http://www.destgulch.com/movies/deliver/deliv01.jpg
or especially if he says you got a purdy mouth.:rofl:

PLRX
06-04-2012, 4:48pm
Any word from Charlie?

C4fan
06-04-2012, 5:06pm
Run if he pulls out a banjo
http://www.destgulch.com/movies/deliver/deliv01.jpg
or especially if he says you got a purdy mouth.:rofl:

And, if you hear a sound that reminds you of a pig in distress, it's probably it's too late.

mike100
06-04-2012, 5:14pm
Never mind the hillbillies, I'd be careful in Memphis.

WW7
06-04-2012, 6:33pm
I think I finally found a picture of Bobby on the internet..Bobby, is this really you?....:rofl:...WW

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc281/rkfee/Hazzard.jpg

Wathen1955
06-04-2012, 8:39pm
Any word from Charlie?
Hi Pete. As of this posting, I'm in San Diego right across Interstate 5 about 3 miles from the airport. My flight leaves at 9am tomorrow. My wife and daughter's flight is at 10am. I should be arriving in VB by 5-6pm.

Bill & Bob: I hope I can stop and meet some of you guys, but it's dependent on time. My son has to leave my house in Hemet on Sunday, so if we arrive on Saturday early, then we should be able to stop by for an hour at least.

five-oh
06-04-2012, 9:08pm
Hi Pete. As of this posting, I'm in San Diego right across Interstate 5 about 3 miles from the airport. My flight leaves at 9am tomorrow. My wife and daughter's flight is at 10am. I should be arriving in VB by 5-6pm.

Bill & Bob: I hope I can stop and meet some of you guys, but it's dependent on time. My son has to leave my house in Hemet on Sunday, so if we arrive on Saturday early, then we should be able to stop by for an hour at least.

Depending on what day and time you come through, I might be at work, but it's easy to find, and I don't do much when I'm there. :D It'd be great to see you, but if time doesn't line up, we'll have an opportunity again sometime, I'm sure.

C4fan
06-04-2012, 10:48pm
Depending on what day and time you come through, I might be at work, but it's easy to find, and I don't do much when I'm there. :D It'd be great to see you, but if time doesn't line up, we'll have an opportunity again sometime, I'm sure.

Same goes here. Except for the work part. TMT only knows I work my azz off everyday.:leaving:

Sweet 90
06-05-2012, 9:20am
I might be at work, but it's easy to find, and I don't do much when I'm there.
Are you sure you're not a liberal Bobby?:D
Same goes here. Except for the work part. TMT only knows I work my azz off everyday.:leaving:

:lol:
In true oil patch fashion Bill:)

five-oh
06-05-2012, 10:20am
Are you sure you're not a liberal Bobby?:D

For the record I am infilterating the liberal camp. Don't blow my cover. This assignment may take a few years.:lol:

C4fan
06-05-2012, 1:04pm
In true oil patch fashion Bill:)

At least I didn't make that post 7 am and 5 pm.:D

Wathen1955
06-05-2012, 7:15pm
I'm in VB and ready to leave in the morning.

I do have a question for some of you gear heads. My son has a F150, 2008, and we are pulling a small trailer, probably weighing in at 5,000lbs. If we are driving on a FLAT area with no hills, can we use overdrive?

WW7
06-05-2012, 7:25pm
I'm in VB and ready to leave in the morning.

I do have a question for some of you gear heads. My son has a F150, 2008, and we are pulling a small trailer, probably weighing in at 5,000lbs. If we are driving on a FLAT area with no hills, can we use overdrive?

Most Definitely,Maybe..I have a F150 with the 4.6 V8 and automatic, I do tow with it in overdrive...WW
This is from the Ford site....

DRIVING WITH AN AUTOMATIC
OVERDRIVE TRANSMISSION
With automatic overdrive transmissions,
towing – especially in hilly areas – may cause
excessive shifting between overdrive and the next
lower gear.
• To eliminate this condition and achieve steadier
performance, overdrive can be locked out (see
vehicle Owner Guide)
• If excessive shifting does not occur, use overdrive
to optimize fuel economy
• Overdrive may also be locked out to obtain engine
braking on downgrades
• When available, select Tow/Haul mode to
automatically eliminate unwanted gear search and
help control vehicle speed when going downhill

Wathen1955
06-05-2012, 7:27pm
DRIVING WITH AN AUTOMATIC
OVERDRIVE TRANSMISSION
With automatic overdrive transmissions,
towing – especially in hilly areas – may cause
excessive shifting between overdrive and the next
lower gear.
• To eliminate this condition and achieve steadier
performance, overdrive can be locked out (see
vehicle Owner Guide)
• If excessive shifting does not occur, use overdrive
to optimize fuel economy
• Overdrive may also be locked out to obtain engine
braking on downgrades
• When available, select Tow/Haul mode to
automatically eliminate unwanted gear search and
help control vehicle speed when going downhill
Thanks WW. That is what I thought, but my son was told by his wife's dad that OD should be turned off.

WW7
06-05-2012, 7:31pm
Thanks WW. That is what I thought, but my son was told by his wife's dad that OD should be turned off.

On flat areas I use OD, when I hit hills I turn it off on my F-150 with Auto. If you have it on and hit a hill it will come out of OD itself, but like the site says it may shift back and forth when it hits a less hilly area....WW

C4fan
06-05-2012, 8:17pm
When we pulled our small travel trailer from TX to OK driving a 96 Chevy 1500 the tranny started whinning. It took me a while to figure it out but when I did and turned off the OD it quieted down.

Wathen1955
06-06-2012, 6:45pm
We are in Crossville, TN. Tomorrow we drive 14 hours and try to make it to the border of OK and TX to spend the night.

I must say that the highways in Virgina, North Carolina, and Tennessee are the best I've ever seen. Even the rest stops are immaculate and beautiful.

C4fan
06-06-2012, 7:15pm
We are in Crossville, TN. Tomorrow we drive 14 hours and try to make it to the border of OK and TX to spend the night.

I must say that the highways in Virgina, North Carolina, and Tennessee are the best I've ever seen. Even the rest stops are immaculate and beautiful.

Well just wait till you see I40 thru OK. That Oklahoma stretch will shake your confidence in American ingenuity. :o_o:

Wathen1955
06-06-2012, 7:40pm
Well just wait till you see I40 thru OK. That Oklahoma stretch will shake your confidence in American ingenuity. :o_o:Yeah I've seen them and you are correct (been there before). It's just nice to see a state take the time to take care of their roads and rest areas.

PLRX
06-06-2012, 9:30pm

Illinois', Indiana's and Michigan's freeways, highways and roads are in awful conditions. I've been on over 35 states roads and California still my favorite. The lack of rain there is a big factor.:seasix:

Sweet 90
06-06-2012, 9:39pm
Illinois', Indiana's and Michigan's freeways, highways and roads are in awful conditions. I've been on over 35 states roads and California still my favorite. The lack of rain there is a big factor.:seasix:

You forget the most important reason Pete, winters, especially the countless freeze thaw cycles, completely murderous on asphalt:cert:

C4fan
06-06-2012, 9:46pm
You forget the most important reason Pete, winters, especially the countless freeze thaw cycles, completely murderous on asphalt:cert:

Pete has only seen winter on your posts. :rofl:

Sweet 90
06-06-2012, 9:50pm
Pete has only seen winter on your posts. :rofl:

How true Bill. Before me I bet Pete thought winter was when it dropped below 70º:D

PLRX
06-06-2012, 9:53pm

Yes, few Michigan residents got butt-hurt when I expressed myself about their roadways. Remember, I'm driving The Ghost and that thing is not built for the road. Now I know why I always see Bryan hauling his C4 Vette.

Sweet 90
06-06-2012, 9:56pm
Yes, few Michigan residents got butt-hurt when I expressed myself about their roadways.

Well then, don't ever bring the Ghost to see me then.:rofl:

C4fan
06-06-2012, 10:03pm
Yes, few Michigan residents got butt-hurt when I expressed myself about their roadways. Remember, I'm driving The Ghost and that thing is not built for the road. Now I know why I always see Bryan hauling his C4 Vette.

Are you saying you got butt hurt driving the Ghost?:leaving:

beadist
06-06-2012, 11:03pm

Really? I'm always quite comfortable in my CE with the exception of Penn. roads. They're the worst IMHO, and it's 10-12 hours into a 950 mile run that day. It's smooth sailing when I hit NY.

Bryan trailers his because he has slicks on it :D

five-oh
06-07-2012, 12:24pm
Charlie is now in paradise, aka Arkansas......don't know how his timing is gonna be, but we will try to meet up.... .

PLRX
06-07-2012, 1:03pm
Well just wait till you see I40 thru OK. That Oklahoma stretch will shake your confidence in American ingenuity. :o_o:

Nothing like the internet, The Barn, smartphones and a PM.

C4fan
06-07-2012, 10:21pm
Talk about getting lucky, Charlie and his son came through Shawnee, OK today and Pete just happen to be rolling through at the same time. It's hard enough getting 2 C4Geners let alone 3 of us getting together. A great opportunity to tell some lies face to face.:cert:

PLRX
06-07-2012, 10:31pm
Talk about getting lucky, Charlie and his son came through Shawnee, OK today and Pete just happen to be rolling through at the same time. It's hard enough getting 2 C4Geners let alone 3 of us getting together. A great opportunity to tell some lies face to face.:cert:

:iagree:

Funny how things worked out. :seasix:

Bill thanks for recommending the BBQ place, it was good chow.

That damn wolf's picture is one of the reasons I don't hike in the woods. Charlie needs to post that picture in here.

I drove to the 100% gasoline gas station (no ethanol) and filled it up there. Good stuff!!!!

The Owl, The Ghost and Charlie's Truck

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/plrx/COOL/DSC01123.jpg

mike100
06-07-2012, 10:35pm
Good to see the Ghost getting some road time...it was down so long with the gear project.

How are the mpg's with 3.90's Pete?

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
06-07-2012, 10:37pm
Well done, you guys!:cert:

Taurus
06-07-2012, 10:43pm

Wish more of us could get together. Did I mention that SLC is in the middle of everyone from America?

Sweet 90
06-07-2012, 10:44pm

I agree. all you mofos have to move further north:seasix:

PLRX
06-07-2012, 10:44pm
Good to see the Ghost getting some road time...it was down so long with the gear project.

How are the mpg's with 3.90's Pete?

On the freeway I would get 24-26 and before I started doing this power tour the average was 22.9. I think is great MPG for a 3.90 and the AC on.

I got a code today, saying the oxygen sensor blah blah blah, autozone erased the code and it didn't came back up until this afternoon again. Both times the engine was cold and I was driving slow. No idea WTH is going on.

I disconnected the battery to remove the code and on the way back to the hotel it never came back on.

PLRX
06-07-2012, 10:45pm
I agree. all you mofos have to move further north:seasix:

We tried, but the engines froze.:D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-h5ackwPIQ0E/TWUtkeD6ugI/AAAAAAAABlI/8t5xrBm45ck/s1600/13012010555.jpg

Sweet 90
06-07-2012, 10:46pm
SLC is in the middle of everyone from America?
:toetap::toetap::confused5:

C4fan
06-07-2012, 10:48pm

Funny how things worked out. :seasix:

Bill thanks for recommending the BBQ place, it was good chow.

That damn wolf's picture is one of the reasons I don't hike in the woods. Charlie needs to post that picture in here.

I drove to the 100% gasoline gas station (no ethanol) and filled it up there. Good stuff!!!!

The Owl, The Ghost and Charlie's Truck

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/plrx/COOL/DSC01123.jpg

I was hoping you would post up a pic. I forgot to bring a camera and the one I took with my phone isn't very good. Yeah that wolf pic was messed up, now I'm afraid to go out in my back yard.

Sweet 90
06-07-2012, 10:48pm
We tried, but the engines froze.:D

Hell Pete, I'm in Fort McMurray and it's still in the 80s:seasix:

Taurus
06-07-2012, 10:50pm
:toetap::toetap::confused5:

Canadians are more than welcome, it's just not so "in the middle" for you. I would be happy to pick you up at the airport.:D

Sweet 90
06-07-2012, 10:51pm
Wolves won't bother you as long as you're armed. I mean you were in Oklahoma no??:D

C4fan
06-07-2012, 10:53pm
Wish more of us could get together. Did I mention that SLC is in the middle of everyone from America?

My wife has family in Utah.:cert:

Sweet 90
06-07-2012, 10:54pm
Canadians are more than welcome, it's just not so "in the middle" for you. I would be happy to pick you up at the airport.:D

Damn Jon, I have a good friend who lives in Sandy UT. My wife and I were thinking one day to go see him, but he just told us he's moving to Nashville to help his daughters music career. I guess Nashville would be pretty cool though:seasix:

mike100
06-07-2012, 10:56pm
Hell Pete, I'm in Fort McMurray and it's still in the 80s:seasix:

Caterpillar and dragonfly season? and I'm not talking 'bout yellow equipment.

I could hardly believe how many bugs are in the forest up there trying to breed in the 8-10 weeks of warm weather.

I went into the woods to take a leak and mosquitoes landed on my junk. The one thing I will give you guys credit for is that the DEET and OFF bug repellent is sold in stronger formulations than down here.

Taurus
06-07-2012, 10:57pm
Damn Jon, I have a good friend who lives in Sandy UT. My wife and I were thinking one day to go see him, but he just told us he's moving to Nashville to help his daughters music career. I guess Nashville would be pretty cool though:seasix:

Ran a big DC for CARQUEST in Nashville, I would retire there if I could. GREAT PLACE!

C4fan
06-07-2012, 11:00pm
Wolves won't bother you as long as you're armed. I mean you were in Oklahoma no??:D

That is true, but that gun had better be fully loaded. That weren't no ordinary wolf. I think it might have been one of those dudes from the Twilight movies. Er ah,,not that I went to see that movie.:leaving:

Taurus
06-07-2012, 11:02pm
That is true, but that gun had better be fully loaded. That weren't no ordinary wolf. I think it might have been one of those dudes from the Twilight movies. Er ah,,not that I went to see that movie.:leaving:

Manup, just in there with a large milk bone and stare it down. That's what people do in Utah, just before they get eaten.

Sweet 90
06-07-2012, 11:11pm
True, the very fact that he let himself be seen is disturbing. Maybe he thought Friz was with you:D
Manup, just in there with a large milk bone and stare it down. That's what people do in Utah, just before they get eaten.

:rofl::rofl:

C4fan
06-07-2012, 11:12pm

Or maybe having Friz with me would be helpful. While Friz engaged in some sort of canine warfare it would give me time to run like hell.

Taurus
06-07-2012, 11:16pm
Or maybe having Friz with me would be helpful.

How is Friz wetting his pants going to help?:skia:

Sweet 90
06-07-2012, 11:18pm
Or maybe having Friz with me would be helpful. While Friz engaged in some sort of canine warfare it would give me time to run like hell.

If it was a wolfette:D Friz would be trying to bang it, hence allowing you time to walk back:D

C4fan
06-07-2012, 11:19pm

:rofl: Maybe the wolf will mistake it for trying to mark his territory.

Sweet 90
06-07-2012, 11:20pm

Well like dogs, wolves also use urine to mark their territory, so Frizzies crotch would be a battle ground:lol:

Taurus
06-07-2012, 11:22pm
Well like dogs, wolves also use urine to mark their territory, so Frizzies crotch would be a battle ground:lol:

Oh, so not so much a battle, more like a small skirmish.:leaving:

C4fan
06-07-2012, 11:25pm
If it was a wolfette:D Friz would be trying to bang it, hence allowing you time to walk back:D

oh lordy, if he got into a 'banging' mood I would run away. I've seen the dowgy get amorous with a chicken so owls might be on his card too.

Taurus
06-07-2012, 11:26pm
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/81vette4me/tanja_askani_wolf_dog_friends.jpg

Run Away, run away!

Sweet 90
06-07-2012, 11:26pm
Oh, so not so much a battle, more like a small skirmish.:leaving:

Yep, very small:rofl:
Excuse the pun, but me thinks the dawg is gonna be ..................pissed:rofl:

Taurus
06-07-2012, 11:29pm
Yep, very small:rofl:
Excuse the pun, but me thinks the dawg is gonna be ..................pissed:rofl:

Well then he should be here to defend his doggie cone............

Sweet 90
06-07-2012, 11:29pm
oh lordy, if he got into a 'banging' mood I would run away. I've seen the dowgy get amorous with a chicken so owls might be on his card too.

Heard that, good thinking Bill

Sweet 90
06-07-2012, 11:32pm
Well then he should be here to defend his doggie cone............

He has been awoof or is that aloof lately.

Taurus
06-07-2012, 11:34pm
See Bill, how hard can it be?

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/81vette4me/tdy-120427-owl-dog-back-01-photoblog600.jpg

That's an Owl with a huge...... Owl-cone.

WW7
06-08-2012, 6:20am

Anytime Im traveling in territory where there may be animals that can eat you, I always make sure Im traveling with someone slower then me..That way all you have to do if something bad comes up, is to outrun that person...My problem lately is finding someone slower then me.... :leaving:...WW

five-oh
06-08-2012, 8:43am
Anytime Im traveling in territory where there may be animals that can eat you, I always make sure Im traveling with someone slower then me..That way all you have to do if something bad comes up, is to outrun that person...My problem lately is finding someone slower then me.... :leaving:...WW

That's easy, Wayne....do like I do. Carry a small caliber pistol, when danger arises, shoot your companion in the knee and run. That is gaurunteed to slow 'em down.:D

And man, I'm envious. Charlie came through about an hour early for me to meet him, and I couldn't persuade my boss to let me bail early so I could meet up. I did appreciate him calling me and attempting to meet up, though.
The 'possum roast and shine will wait for another time.

Sweet 90
06-08-2012, 9:41am
That's easy, Wayne....do like I do. Carry a small caliber pistol, when danger arises, shoot your companion in the knee and run. That is gaurunteed to slow 'em down.:D

That would depend on your buddy if he could run faster pissed off than you can scared:D

The 'possum roast and shine will wait for another time.

Of which I bet, Charlie is eternally grateful :rofl:

Frizlefrak
06-08-2012, 1:24pm
All of you weisenheimers can personally inspect my doggiecone anytime you'd like :rofl:

I ain't playin' with no wolf. Them mofos are seriously mean. I want firepower......

Frizlefrak
06-08-2012, 1:32pm
That would depend on your buddy if he could run faster pissed off than you can scared:D

:

Two guys are hiking in Montana when they are greeted by a large, hungry, hostile Grizzly Bear. The one guy says, "glad I have my new running shoes on".

His buddy replies, "you idiot, you can't outrun that bear".

To which the first guy says "I don't have to....I just have to out run you".

Wathen1955
06-08-2012, 10:58pm
I was hoping you would post up a pic. I forgot to bring a camera and the one I took with my phone isn't very good. Yeah that wolf pic was messed up, now I'm afraid to go out in my back yard.The truck belongs to my son. As for the pic...285 lb wolf
http://i39.tinypic.com/167nx3l.jpg

Just arrived in Flagstaff, AZ. I should be back home tomorrow between 4-5pm.

Wathen1955
06-08-2012, 11:00pm
Charlie is now in paradise, aka Arkansas......don't know how his timing is gonna be, but we will try to meet up.... .damn Bob it was close, but we were in a tight time line. We did not arrive to our hotel until 12:30am. Wanted to stay longer and BS with Bill and Pete, but we had to leave as we got up at 7am and started again.

five-oh
06-09-2012, 8:42am
damn Bob it was close, but we were in a tight time line. We did not arrive to our hotel until 12:30am. Wanted to stay longer and BS with Bill and Pete, but we had to leave as we got up at 7am and started again.

I knew you were running a tight timeline...:seasix: I probably could've pushed my boss and took off anyway, but I didn't want to push my luck, since I'm off all next week and we were running shorthanded that day.

There will be other times... I have one question- did you slap Bill for me as I asked? :D

C4fan
06-09-2012, 9:35am
There will be other times... I have one question- did you slap Bill for me as I asked? :D

Please clarify, I have offended so many here that I don't remember what could have prompted this type of reaction. Anything that good I want to remember.:D

Sweet 90
06-09-2012, 12:01pm
Please clarify, I have offended so many here that I don't remember what could have prompted this type of reaction. Anything that good I want to remember.:D

Bill, if I remember correctly, slapping or kicking one in the nuts, is an Arkansas greeting tradition. Strange but true:D
ps: I don't want to know what it would be for Canadians:rofl:

PLRX
06-09-2012, 12:59pm
Bill, if I remember correctly, slapping or kicking one in the nuts, is an Arkansas greeting tradition. Strange but true:D
ps: I don't want to know what it would be for Canadians:rofl:

Hmmm. Let me stay away from getting yo know any arkanians. Lol

C4fan
06-09-2012, 1:56pm
Hmmm. Let me stay away from getting yo know any arkanians. Lol

I think they are called Arkanoids, of course after they have greeted you they will call you an Arkanad.

five-oh
06-09-2012, 2:49pm
I think they are called Arkanoids, of course after they have greeted you they will call you an Arkanad.

Well, you've got part of it right- I'd call you a 'nad.....:D

Otherwise, I just figured you deserved a slap. If you haven't done something to tick me off, you're about to, there's no doubt.:lol:.

And just for the record, we consider ourselves "Arkansans"- AR-Kan-San- for ya illiterate buffoons.

Wathen1955
06-09-2012, 8:11pm
Well I'm finally back home. Arrived around 4:15pm today.

C4fan
06-09-2012, 10:45pm
Otherwise, I just figured you deserved a slap. If you haven't done something to tick me off, you're about to, there's no doubt.:lol:.

Well that's not very neighborly,,,,but I can't dispute the logic.:island14:

Taurus
06-09-2012, 11:12pm
All of you weisenheimers can personally inspect my doggiecone anytime you'd like :rofl:

I ain't playin' with no wolf. Them mofos are seriously mean. I want firepower......

Um, no thanks I'll take your word for it.:leaving:

C4fan
06-09-2012, 11:32pm
Well I'm finally back home. Arrived around 4:15pm today.

Glad you made it safe and sound. It was good meeting you and your son.

Wathen1955
06-10-2012, 12:05am
Some pics going through the desert in New Mexico, Arizona, and California. It was boring driving on these roads...NOTE: taken while in a moving car so the quality is not there as we had no time to stop.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg70/Wathen1955/2012-06-09_13-13-48_922_LS.jpg

Wind Mill City (close to Palm Springs):
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg70/Wathen1955/2012-06-09_15-34-46_566_LS.jpg

New Mexico (lava flow):
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg70/Wathen1955/2012-06-08_16-18-16_735_LS.jpg

Interesting rocks:
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg70/Wathen1955/2012-06-08_15-51-19_971_LS.jpg