PDA

View Full Version : New Daily Driver

Taurus
05-27-2012, 12:40pm
I picked up a new DD yesterday. Here's the plan, I'm going to sell the C5 and pick up a late C4 LT4/LT5.

Now before you start, I still think the C5 is a better car, and even though it has really comfy seats and is easier to get in and out of, there is something about the angle my right leg sits which is causing issues. As I've told you all, I have very bad knees and I'm getting ready to get the right one replaced, there is no way I will be comfortable in the C5. For some reason, the C4 just doesn't cause that problem. No sense driving a car you're not comfortable in. Rest assured, I will be getting your opinions when I get it narrowed down a car or two.

The new DD is a 2011 Charger with the New 3.6 V6 which puts out just short of 300 HP. I had to choose between the Camaro and the Charger, but the Charger was just more comfortable and much less expensive. I have a friend at Hertz that hooks me up on clean fleet vehicles, I get to pick and choose before they get auctioned and pay auction price. I then route it through a local dealership buddy and pick up the 100,000 mile drive train warranty from Chrysler. It has 21K miles and picked it up for very cheap.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/81vette4me/Charger2.png

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/81vette4me/Charger1.png

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/81vette4me/Charger3.png

Wathen1955
05-27-2012, 12:58pm
Nice grab! I'm starting to have issues with my right leg also, and it does not matter what car I'm in. When I'm driving any car, my foot has the habit of laying on it's side. It makes it easy to hit the break petal driving like that. In my F150 truck, I tried to straighten my leg, but the seats just don't go back far enough.

Taurus
05-27-2012, 1:17pm
Nice grab! I'm starting to have issues with my right leg also, and it does not matter what car I'm in. When I'm driving any car, my foot has the habit of laying on it's side. It makes it easy to hit the break petal driving like that. In my F150 truck, I tried to straighten my leg, but the seats just don't go back far enough.

That's the problem with the C5, my leg lays at an odd angle, half on it's side. It just sits more upright in a C4, must be the proximity of the console/dash.

drmrman
05-27-2012, 2:42pm
I got a new DD too! :D Just sold the S10 and im trying to get rid of the blazer too :D Was tired of working on cars after work. I wanted something comfortable and reliable :)

Good luck with yours! :D

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/547101_10150918801759655_921648283_n.jpg

Frizlefrak
05-27-2012, 5:02pm
Great looking Charger Jon. :yesnod:

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
05-27-2012, 5:39pm
I feel all your guys' pain. My left knee aches when it's resting while driving my S-10 Blazer or Mrs' Rat's C-RV,
but thankfully, the angle of my 84's seat saves the day! Silver lining is a perfect alibi for jetting the vette on any errand! Found out yesterday I have a torn meniscus, great!

Taurus
05-27-2012, 6:07pm
I feel all your guys' pain. My left knee aches when it's resting while driving my S-10 Blazer or Mrs' Rat's C-RV,
but thankfully, the angle of my 84's seat saves the day! Silver lining is a perfect alibi for jetting the vette on any errand! Found out yesterday I have a torn meniscus, great!

Torn meniscus, pffft. Piece of cake to fix. I have;

Left Knee;

No PCL
Grade II MCL
Micro-fracture procedure

Right Knee;

No PCL
No MCL
Meniscus tear, complete

Both knees have early onset degenerative arthritis as well. I feel as old as Joe is.:D

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
05-27-2012, 6:18pm
WOW! You make me feel guilty for complaining!

Of course, that's your job Oh Mighty Taurus..forgive my old-age driven sniveling like a rat..

How did you wreck your knees so well? Was Tonya Harding your sister?

mike100
05-27-2012, 6:55pm
Sometimes newer is better, especially for the DD.

As far as the C4 goes, the more power the better with those cars.

Taurus
05-27-2012, 7:11pm
WOW! You make me feel guilty for complaining!

Of course, that's your job Oh Mighty Taurus..forgive my old-age driven sniveling like a rat..

How did you wreck your knees so well? Was Tonya Harding your sister?

I know this will be hard to believe (may have to scan some pics) but the Mighty Taurus was a first division amateur soccer goalie for many years after college. I grew up with a Dutch father who played for the Netherlands and became a professional referee here in the states. Tore up the knees pretty good before I gave it up at 35 years of age.

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
05-27-2012, 7:26pm
I know this will be hard to believe (may have to scan some pics) but the Mighty Taurus was a first division amateur soccer goalie for many years after college. I grew up with a Dutch father who played for the Netherlands and became a professional referee here in the states. Tore up the knees pretty good before I gave it up at 35 years of age.

A diety and athelete as well!! You could have transmordically saved your knees but chose to suffer for the team!! Well played!! :seasix: :cert:

Taurus
05-27-2012, 7:30pm
A diety and athelete as well!! You could have transmordically saved your knees but chose to suffer for the team!! Well played!! :seasix: :cert:

Yea........ that's what I did, yea..............:D

PLRX
05-27-2012, 9:32pm
Nice DD John. Get some black wheels on it and it will be bitchen. :seasix:

You are the, let's call it 20th person I hear talking about the C5 and legs injury. Do you think it is that the seat sits too low and hyperlocks or extend your legs?

Taurus
05-27-2012, 9:44pm
Nice DD John. Get some black wheels on it and it will be bitchen. :seasix:

You are the, let's call it 20th person I hear talking about the C5 and legs injury. Do you think it is that the seat sits too low and hyperlocks or extend your legs?

I think it's because the console is over to the right a little further so your knee lays over a little more whereas in the C4 the console is further to the left and my knee rests against it and keep it a little more upright.

No worries, I'll pick up a nice LT4 or LT5 in a month or two after the idiots out here quit driving up the prices because of Spring fever. May even get the 81 street legal again and replace the interior in the mean time.

C4fan
05-27-2012, 10:36pm
I think it's because the console is over to the right a little further so your knee lays over a little more whereas in the C4 the console is further to the left and my knee rests against it and keep it a little more upright.

No worries, I'll pick up a nice LT4 or LT5 in a month or two after the idiots out here quit driving up the prices because of Spring fever. May even get the 81 street legal again and replace the interior in the mean time.

That's what I was thinking all the time I was reading all the posts in this thread. We had a Maxima that we traded for the C6 and it was rough on my right knee because of the way the console made my leg rest. I drive a pickup 90% of the time and my cars the other 10% so my legs are used to laying where ever they are comfortable. Cars, having consoles, force my let to rest at their discretion.

Great looking Charger Jon.

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
05-27-2012, 11:07pm
Chargers are really cool, but in black they're downright badass!

Very nice ride, Jon!

Taurus
05-27-2012, 11:37pm

Very nice ride, Jon!

It looks black but it's actually a very dark, very metallic blue called "Blackberry Pearl".

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
05-27-2012, 11:52pm
It looks black but it's actually a very dark, very metallic blue called "Blackberry Pearl".

They're really getting into a connoisseur class of distinction for colours.. I wonder if it's the same hue as "Bruise of Laqueesha Cheekbone"...:rofl:

Colour still looks great on your car!

Taurus
05-28-2012, 12:52am
They're really getting into a connoisseur class of distinction for colours.. I wonder if it's the same hue as "Bruise of Laqueesha Cheekbone"...:rofl:

Colour still looks great on your car!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sweet 90
05-28-2012, 9:33am
Like it Jon:seasix:. Now all it needs is a set of C4 Sawblades:D

Taurus
05-28-2012, 9:49am

Hmmmm...................

C4fan
05-28-2012, 9:56am

:seasix: I have a set just taking up space in the shop in case you decide to go there.:rofl:

DukeAllen
05-28-2012, 9:58am

Very nice ride, Jon!

He really needs an orange one with a rebel flag:lol:

five-oh
05-28-2012, 10:29am
He really needs an orange one with a rebel flag:lol:

I can see him sliding over the hood.....falling, breaking a hip.....The Dukes of Hazzard, geriatric version. :lol:

Oooops, where'd that tornado come from?!?!:leaving:

DukeAllen
05-28-2012, 10:50am
I can see him sliding over the hood.....falling, breaking a hip.....The Dukes of Hazzard, geriatric version. :lol:

With those old eyes he'll miss with anything he conjures to throw at us:D

five-oh
05-28-2012, 10:54am

Yeah, Bill better watch out....he'll aim at Arkansas and hit him.:rofl:

Sweet 90
05-28-2012, 10:54am

Exactly, it's like the accuracy of our baseball team, the safest place to be is where they're aiming:D

five-oh
05-28-2012, 10:56am
I got a new DD too! :D Just sold the S10 and im trying to get rid of the blazer too :D Was tired of working on cars after work. I wanted something comfortable and reliable :)

Good luck with yours! :D

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/547101_10150918801759655_921648283_n.jpg

And off of bashing the old man/god for a moment....Joe, how do you like that little car? My wife and I are considering trading her '05 CTS in on one, since the Caddy is getting up there in mileage. I've drove one, and liked it, but don't know anyone who's bought one or lived with it at all...

five-oh
05-28-2012, 10:57am
Exactly, it's like the accuracy of our baseball team, the safest place to be is where they're aiming:D

Sounds like some of the officers I'll have on the range in a few weeks.... :leaving: I'll probably be safest in front of them.

drmrman
05-28-2012, 11:45am
And off of bashing the old man/god for a moment....Joe, how do you like that little car? My wife and I are considering trading her '05 CTS in on one, since the Caddy is getting up there in mileage. I've drove one, and liked it, but don't know anyone who's bought one or lived with it at all...

Well first off I have to say. For as small of a car as it is. Its very comfortable on the inside. Im 6'3 and dont even sit with the seat all the way back. 2nd last night my girlfriend and I took two of our friends out in the car and it fit us 4 very well!

Also. I got the leather package. I didnt like the interior feel nearly as much with the cloth. The leather really makes it feel a lot more cohesive.

The car is also equipped with the premium sound system, (pioneer) that sounds incredible.

The sport tuned suspension with the 17" wheels is also the ticket. the 17's have enough side wall to take the rough roads well, but it also kills it in the turns. Its been a blast getting on and off the highway :D

oh and the 38mpg on the highway isnt bad either.

All in all, for a sub 25K car, you are getting A LOT. My friend comented last night that her similarly equipped 2012 subaru legacy isnt nearly as lurxurious!

I love it and for the price you cant beat it! Its no rocket ship, but the mid range power of that little 4cyl is MORE than enough for everyday driving!

I love it, and Id sudgest it to anyone in the market.

five-oh
05-28-2012, 11:53am
My wife kinda wants cloth....the Caddy's leather is not holding up nearly as well as our PTCruiser's cloth did. She also insists on an automatic, so that'll put the kibosh on any fun... As far as the height issue- well, suffice it to say, as discussed earlier, I am in the majority on this forum, right along side Pete and Friz.....:lol:

drmrman
05-28-2012, 12:37pm
Haha! Shorties unite! Hahaha

I got an auto.... It's a daily driver! I dont want to worry with driving stick. That being said! The 6spd auto is still fun! And if you must you can play around with the auto stick.....

C4fan
05-28-2012, 1:14pm

Great!!! All I need is more of TMT's misguided aggression.:rolleyes: Maybe you could just piss him off just a little, we could use more rain.:D

Taurus
05-28-2012, 1:34pm

I actually have some printed cards I put on the windshield of cars that park arcoss the sidewalks here in our HOA. They read;

Thanks for parking across the sidewalk, it gives me a chance to practice my "Dukes of Hazzard" slide across your hood.

Then I call the police and get them ticketed. The Mighty Taurus is a ruthless violations office in the neighborhood.:D

mike100
05-28-2012, 2:01pm
The one thing I must-have on newer cars is bluetooth connectivity for my phone. It satisfies the hands-free cell phone law since we can't use our phones in CA anymore.

One reason I had to get the premium pkg on my mustang. Sooner or later, it will be on base models i would think.

Frizlefrak
05-28-2012, 3:27pm
TMT....suppose you could send a massive storm over the Gila Wilderness and save what's left of our (rapidly burning) forest? 140K acres and growing :eek:

Sweet 90
05-28-2012, 3:37pm
TMT....suppose you could send a massive storm over the Gila Wilderness and save what's left of our (rapidly burning) forest? 140K acres and growing :eek:

Well Frizzie, if they would give you an unlimited supply of Fat Tire beer, you could head out and do this to every tree. The fire wouldn't stand a chance:D
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/Jadvad/imagesqtbnANd9GcRaJJs1cJxJ5B8UlqgPs.jpg

Taurus
05-28-2012, 3:44pm

No, it's for a weenie roast we deities having later..............

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
05-28-2012, 4:11pm
Well Frizzie, if they would give you an unlimited supply of Fat Tire beer, you could head out and do this to every tree. The fire wouldn't stand a chance:D
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/Jadvad/imagesqtbnANd9GcRaJJs1cJxJ5B8UlqgPs.jpg

Methinks he'd sprinkle his own head more than a tree....or maybe that's why he does it! We used to call that a do-it-yourself shower.

Sweet 90
05-28-2012, 4:25pm
the Caddy's leather is not holding up nearly as well as our PTCruiser's cloth did. .
PT Cruiser:rofl: Bobby, really. This just keeps getting better:lol:
She also insists on an automatic, so that'll put the kibosh on any fun...
And you wonder why Friz won't return your man card:rofl:
Methinks he'd sprinkle his own head more than a tree....or maybe that's why he does it! We used to call that a do-it-yourself shower.

Well necessity is the mother of invention Bunky:cert:

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
05-28-2012, 4:43pm
PT Cruiser:rofl: Bobby, really. This just keeps getting better:lol:

HAHAHA..Brutal! :rofl:

Sweet 90
05-28-2012, 4:49pm
HAHAHA..Brutal! :rofl:

I can see it now Bunky, Big bad Bobby cruising down the mean streets of Arkansas with his PT Cruiser towing his Miata. No wonder he has to carry a gun:rofl:

Taurus
05-28-2012, 6:14pm
I can see it now Bunky, Big bad Bobby cruising down the mean streets of Arkansas with his PT Cruiser towing his Miata. No wonder he has to carry a gun:rofl:

Better be a BIG gun..........................:rofl:

five-oh
05-28-2012, 6:21pm

Lord.... You. Ain't. Right. Ya dadblamed cat....

The PTCruiser was my wife's. MY daily at the time was the oh so manly '46 Chevy pickup. Ya know, the one with a .45 in the glovebox. :lol:

And since you are being mean to me, I shall refrain from telling you what color said PTCruiser was...... but I WILL say that I am secure in my manhood, with or without my mancard. :rofl:

Frizlefrak
05-28-2012, 6:43pm
Lord.... You. Ain't. Right. Ya dadblamed cat....

He can get annoying, can't he? Wait till he starts spraying the damn walls trying to mark his territory. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sweet 90
05-28-2012, 7:25pm
He can get annoying, can't he? Wait till he starts spraying the damn walls trying to mark his territory. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, like you would have given Bobby a pass on this:lol:

C4fan
05-29-2012, 10:13pm

Geez, all HAIL is breaking loose in OKC tonite. So far one Tornado west of the city, lightning and 70-80 mph wind, but the biggest damage is from the hail so far. It's not over yet, we haven't been hit yet and will hopefully be missed.

Jon, take a valium or something.:D

Taurus
05-29-2012, 10:17pm
Geez, all HAIL is breaking loose in OKC tonite. So far one Tornado west of the city, lightning and 70-80 mph wind, but the biggest damage is from the hail so far. It's not over yet, we haven't been hit yet and will hopefully be missed.

Sorry, stubbed my toe and took it out on OKC, I'll aim for EP next time:leaving:

Sweet 90
05-29-2012, 10:19pm

Been there Bill, hope your spared. Stay safe and let us know when it's passed:cert:

Taurus
05-29-2012, 10:22pm
Been there Bill, hope your spared. Stay safe and let us know when it's passed:cert:

This too shall pass....................

C4fan
05-29-2012, 10:48pm

This too shall pass....................

So far we are right in the crack, just a bit of much needed rain. One more big chunk still to come but I think it'll miss us too. So far 80,000 without power.:ack:

Taurus
05-29-2012, 10:55pm
So far we are right in the crack, just a bit of much needed rain. One more big chunk still to come but I think it'll miss us too. So far 80,000 without power.:ack:

And the Mighty Taurus Extended his hand and said let there be light! Excuse me, Let the be light! Hmmm... Let There Be Light!

Still nothing, I need to work on that.

PLRX
05-29-2012, 10:56pm
And the Mighty Taurus Extended his hand and said let there be light! Excuse me, Let the be light! Hmmm... Let There Be Light!

You need rest.:rofl:

Sweet 90
05-29-2012, 10:56pm

Just remain "Hunkered Down" Bill:D

C4fan
05-29-2012, 11:11pm

I meant to take the valium before you wreak havoc, not while you're trying to shut it down.:D

Sweet 90
05-29-2012, 11:29pm
I meant to take the valium before you wreak havoc, not while you're trying to shut it down.:D
Damn Bill, even in the face of iminent danger, you keep your sense of humour:D

C4fan
05-29-2012, 11:38pm
Damn Bill, even in the face of iminent danger, you keep your sense of humour:D

Well I AM a member of VBC4gen:D

Sweet 90
05-29-2012, 11:43pm
Well I AM a member of VBC4gen:D

How true, there ain't nuthun can scare us:seasix:

mike100
05-29-2012, 11:52pm

Hyundai toying a Hyundai in Texas close enough for the purposes of this topic?
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/mschrameck/mt6300/walmart_cars1.jpg

five-oh
05-30-2012, 6:54am
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/mschrameck/mt6300/walmart_cars1.jpg

Ouch. You too, Mike? That's just wrong.:lol:

Frizlefrak
05-30-2012, 9:24am
Ouch. You too, Mike? That's just wrong.:lol:

:iagree: On so many levels.....:lol:

Sweet 90
05-30-2012, 9:24am

Now if Friz was in one of those cars.............Pete:rofl:

Frizlefrak
05-30-2012, 9:26am
Now if Friz was in one of those cars.............Pete:rofl:

Be careful Kittah.....I have Photoshop too. You wouldn't want to wind up in the driver's seat of.....oh....say a Miata for example, would you? :lol:

Sweet 90
05-30-2012, 9:31am
Be careful Kittah.....I have Photoshop too. You wouldn't want to wind up in the driver's seat of.....oh....say a Miata for example, would you? :lol:

Miatas and Hyundais are illegal in Alberta:D

five-oh
05-30-2012, 11:52am

Oh, Please, please, PLEASE! A pretty PINK one........that would take Sweetsie- his name even sounds kinda foofy- out of the torment five-oh game for a while.:D

Sweet 90
05-30-2012, 12:01pm
Oh, Please, please, PLEASE! A pretty PINK one........that would take Sweetsie- his name even sounds kinda foofy- out of the torment five-oh game for a while.:D

Not likely Bobby, I am your nemesis :D

five-oh
05-30-2012, 12:10pm
Not likely Bobby, I am your nemesis :D

I've got a shotgun full of rock salt that'll be your nemesis if I get the chance....:lol:

Sweet 90
05-30-2012, 12:16pm
I've got a shotgun full of rock salt that'll be your nemesis if I get the chance....:lol:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/Jadvad/imagesqtbnANd9GcTiB2KNLuAMkCtD2bAj7.jpg:rofl:

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
05-30-2012, 12:23pm
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/Jadvad/imagesqtbnANd9GcTiB2KNLuAMkCtD2bAj7.jpg:rofl:

Wow! Things are getting ugly here....

C4fan
05-30-2012, 1:11pm

:iagree: Red may have to shut this one down.:rofl:

DukeAllen
05-30-2012, 1:15pm
:iagree: Red may have to shut this one down.:rofl:

Only if someone gets butthurt and reports us to a CF mod first:rofl:

Sweet 90
05-30-2012, 3:07pm

S.N.A.F.U:seasix:

mike100
05-30-2012, 4:57pm
:iagree: On so many levels.....:lol:

That pic was taken in a Walmart Parking lot (anything else would be uncivilized!)

What it really was, I believe, was a pair of totaled out salvage title cars going to Mexico to have a fresh start as "new" Hyundais. (it was in Del Rio). I actually took it myself...

such cheap cars--you knock the bumpers off and the insurance company totals them.

Frizlefrak
05-30-2012, 7:17pm
That pic was taken in a Walmart Parking lot (anything else would be uncivilized!)

What it really was, I believe, was a pair of totaled out salvage title cars going to Mexico to have a fresh start as "new" Hyundais. (it was in Del Rio). I actually took it myself...

such cheap cars--you knock the bumpers off and the insurance company totals them.

We have them come through here exactly like that all the time. A phucked up 2003 sonata with a tow bar where the rear bumper used to be pulling an ancient Aerostar down the highway :eek:

They buy them at auction in Colorado and resell in Mexico.

C4fan
05-30-2012, 7:42pm
We have them come through here exactly like that all the time. A phucked up 2003 sonata with a tow bar where the rear bumper used to be pulling an ancient Aerostar down the highway :eek:

They buy them at auction in Colorado and resell in Mexico.

I seen that many times, there will be 5-10 pickups usually each pulling another vehicle like a mexican parade heading south.

DukeAllen
05-30-2012, 9:36pm
How many gringos are they smuggling into mexican in those cars? :D

mike100
05-31-2012, 12:42am
I don't really see the substandard automobile trade in SD Co so much (although we know where they all go), but what we do see is the overloaded mexican garage sale trucks headed south:

do you have these in Tx or is this just a Cali thing?

http://math.ucr.edu/ftm/bajaPages/BajaRoadPages/Route1/images/Overloaded.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yww7WCWPC4w/StYU0cuexKI/AAAAAAAAADs/Yh6BkT8X3LA/s400/overloaded+trucks+to+Mexico..003.jpg

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
05-31-2012, 1:22am
I don't really see the substandard automobile trade in SD Co so much (although we know where they all go), but what we do see is the overloaded mexican garage sale trucks headed south:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yww7WCWPC4w/StYU0cuexKI/AAAAAAAAADs/Yh6BkT8X3LA/s400/overloaded+trucks+to+Mexico..003.jpg

Looks like Hokie on the prowl with his extensive collection of mods and expertise...

PLRX
05-31-2012, 8:26am

California Highway tradition there.

Frizlefrak
05-31-2012, 9:19am

Quite a common sight here.

If you have a garage sale in El Paso, no need to plan on being out there any longer that 8 AM. By 0630, the J-Towners have shown up and bought everything. We had a sale one time and by 7 AM, we were cleaned out.

But you have to watch them like a hawk....Caught one dude trying to walk in the house too. I asked him "Que estas haciendo" (What are you doing). He tells me in Spanish he needs the bathroom. I told him in Spanish if he tries that again, he'll need a pine box. Despite our cultural differences, a moment of true understanding transpired between us. :lol:

PLRX
05-31-2012, 9:26am
Oh yes Friz, you have to watch those bandidos. It's part of their DNA; if it makes it to their "velcro" hands it will be gone. On base they stold silverware, gas, tools and government property. In Yuma they go to the ranges and take unexploded ordnance.

Sweet 90
05-31-2012, 9:27am
Despite our cultural differences, a moment of true understanding transpired between us. :lol:

:rofl:
Friz, you now have been promoted to Ambassador of Texberta:D

DukeAllen
05-31-2012, 9:47am
We're talking about getting a real house with a garage...So if I leave the door open when the "landscapers" are outside, will they save me the problem of moving costs?:D

C4fan
05-31-2012, 12:38pm

My dads neighbor in Tucson collects stuff all winter long and make a trip to Mexico in the summer. They leave everything piled up on their back patio until it's time to load up. They do keep it clean though (as much as they can).

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
05-31-2012, 1:35pm
We're talking about getting a real house with a garage...So if I leave the door open when the "landscapers" are outside, will they save me the problem of moving costs?:D

Won't cost you a red cent in moving costs!:seasix:

Of course you and your stuff ain't gonna' really meet at your new place unless it's in Mehico....:D

Frizlefrak
05-31-2012, 6:23pm
:rofl:
Friz, you now have been promoted to Ambassador of Texberta:D

I have a TDIR (Texas Doctorate in International Relations). Here's what it looks like.

http://www.handgunsmag.com/files/2010/09/hg_springfieldarm1911lbst_201003-a.jpg

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
05-31-2012, 6:54pm
I have a TDIR (Texas Doctorate in International Relations). Here's what it looks like.

http://www.handgunsmag.com/files/2010/09/hg_springfieldarm1911lbst_201003-a.jpg

:hurray:

I have my own Department of Homeland Security..

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx256/realbunky/DSCF0411.jpg

WW7
05-31-2012, 6:58pm
Oh yes Friz, you have to watch those bandidos. It's part of their DNA; if it makes it to their "velcro" hands it will be gone. On base they stold silverware, gas, tools and government property. In Yuma they go to the ranges and take unexploded ordnance.

My sister and her husband live in Corpus Christy Tx . They said the way they get rid of there broken TVs, Washers, Dryers, Microwaves , is they put them in the box of the new appliance they just bought, make sure they use tape on the bottom of the box , set it outside there store and leave it for about 20 minites. When the go back outside its always gone....:seasix:...WW

mike100
05-31-2012, 8:00pm
^^^ that is funny. I heard a story back in the 90's about some guy who had a brand new vcr box with a brick in it. He hustled this guy for $80 because he thought it was stolen and the dude was worried about getting caught and wanted to leave quick...yeah, he bought a brick.

Frizlefrak
05-31-2012, 8:30pm
^^^ that is funny. I heard a story back in the 90's about some guy who had a brand new vcr box with a brick in it. He hustled this guy for $80 because he thought it was stolen and the dude was worried about getting caught and wanted to leave quick...yeah, he bought a brick.

The seller better hope the buyer never sees him again....or he may find that portions of said brick are now permanently lodged in his skull. Out here, if the guy had opened the box prior to leaving, the seller may have found himself on the business end of some ugly hardware.

Of course, buying electronics from some guy at the park isn't exactly the brightest move.

mike100
05-31-2012, 8:38pm
The seller better hope the buyer never sees him again....or he may find that portions of said brick are now permanently lodged in his skull. Out here, if the guy had opened the box prior to leaving, the seller may have found himself on the business end of some ugly hardware.

Of course, buying electronics from some guy at the park isn't exactly the brightest move.

it was a mechanic at an auto repair place in the bad part of town. When I worked in downtown SD (the ghetto), you would get a lot of pretty hot items offered for sale pretty regularly- often times tools which were popular. So I could see how he would fall for that as these businesses were sort of the fencing mechanism for the street people.

I have a lot of downtown stories.:D

Sweet 90
05-31-2012, 9:35pm
My sister and her husband live in Corpus Christy Tx .

Corpus Christi Wayne. :D Hell Friz, you shore y'all from Texas dar boy. Just busting your ballsWayne. :cert: The only reason I know is because I land there all the time. Jest gos to shure dem Texans ain't not good spelurs.:lol:

C4fan
05-31-2012, 11:05pm
My sister and her husband live in Corpus Christy Tx . They said the way they get rid of there broken TVs, Washers, Dryers, Microwaves , is they put them in the box of the new appliance they just bought, make sure they use tape on the bottom of the box , set it outside there store and leave it for about 20 minites. When the go back outside its always gone....:seasix:...WW

Hell, that reminded me of a story my mother told my when I was a youngster. A gal she worked with was suppose to bring a pee sample to the doctor but forgot to get one of those special little cups. So she use the next best thing, a pint whiskey bottle. On the way to the doctors she had to stop someplace and left the bottle sitting in the front seat. When she came back out the bottle was missing.:rofl:

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
05-31-2012, 11:18pm
Hell, that reminded me of a story my mother told my when I was a youngster. A gal she worked with was suppose to bring a pee sample to the doctor but forgot to get one of those special little cups. So she use the next best thing, a pint whiskey bottle. On the way to the doctors she had to stop someplace and left the bottle sitting in the front seat. When she came back out the bottle was missing.:rofl:

:rofl: Somewhere out there, old "Pissbreath" has learned to add a smell test to his thieving ways......

WW7
06-01-2012, 6:00am
Corpus Christi Wayne. :D Hell Friz, you shore y'all from Texas dar boy. Just busting your ballsWayne. :cert: The only reason I know is because I land there all the time. Jest gos to shure dem Texans ain't not good spelurs.:lol:

Dam Sweets, I only mist buy one leter. If eye was a Texon, I no I wood of mist buy at leest a cupel moore en that....:D....WW

Sweet 90
06-01-2012, 8:48am
Dam Sweets, I only mist buy one leter. If eye was a Texon, I no I wood of mist buy at leest a cupel moore en that....:D....WW
:iagree:
At least:D

DukeAllen
06-01-2012, 9:17am

You reminded me of another story...when my family would go on long trips, my father never wanted to stop. Got to go? Use a cup and toss it out the window. You only forget to toss it and absentmindedly take a sip out of a cup later, ONCE.:datawiz::puke::rofl: