PDA

View Full Version : Happy Memorial Weekend Lads

Sweet 90
05-25-2012, 4:12pm
For those of us who don't have one (which I guess is only me:confused5:) I'll be watching Indy and Nascar and maybe the F1 on Sunday:seasix:
What are you mofos up to for your long weekend?

nutz4c4
05-25-2012, 4:20pm
Took today off so it's a 4 day for me..:D Did yard work today...Might go to the lake house...To do more yard work..:confused5:

Sweet 90
05-25-2012, 4:23pm
Took today off so it's a 4 day for me..:D Did yard work today...Might go to the lake house...To do more yard work..:confused5:

Well Mikey, let's hope some of us C4 owners are doing something exciting, after all this is a public forum. Maybe you're taking your C4 to the lake house?:rofl:

DukeAllen
05-25-2012, 4:24pm
No special plans, besides cruising with the targa off:seasix:

C4fan
05-25-2012, 4:27pm
Ahh yes the good ole American holiday. I'm sure I'll have a split adgenda. One day of doing things on that "list", one day of IDGAF drinking and one day of recovering and moping cause the weekend is almost over.:D

Sweet 90
05-25-2012, 4:30pm
Ahh yes the good ole American holiday. I'm sure I'll have a split adgenda. One day of doing things on that "list", one day of IDGAF drinking and one day of recovering and moping cause the weekend is almost over.:D

Well Bill, I'm thinking so far you're having the most fun. Have you got rid of that nasty Okie/Limey accent yet?:D

Taurus
05-25-2012, 4:35pm
Nothing special, just ruling over my domain trying to decide whose week end to screw with. Maybe a little rain in Charlotte, hmmmm:leaving:

Sweet 90
05-25-2012, 4:38pm
Nothing special, just ruling over my domain trying to decide whose week end to screw with. Maybe a little rain in Charlotte, hmmmm:leaving:

I suppose Domain Ruling must get old fast Jon:D
ps: STFO of Charlotte until Monday..............please:cert:

nutz4c4
05-25-2012, 5:00pm
Well Mikey, let's hope some of us C4 owners are doing something exciting, after all this is a public forum. Maybe you're taking your C4 to the lake house?:rofl:

Why Yes...Yes I will.... It is tuned enough to do that...While there is still room for improvement it is running very well...AKA ..A total monster...:dance:
Many thanks to Tim...PM me for his details...He is a Stand Up Guy..

:shots::shots:

Frizlefrak
05-25-2012, 5:52pm
I'm actually working Monday. I banked the holiday and used it last week on my trip in lieu of a vacation day. The parks, campgrounds, etc will be jam packed this weekend....which is precisely why we went last week. :)

Taurus
05-25-2012, 5:53pm
I'm actually working Monday. I banked the holiday and used it last week on my trip in lieu of a vacation day. The parks, campgrounds, etc will be jam packed this weekend....which is precisely why we went last week. :)

Bet your work will be a Zoo this weekend.............

PLRX
05-25-2012, 6:00pm

:iagree:

I know there are no reservations left. We hope you bring us a great story Tuesday morning. Lets hope nobody swap tires, batteries or headlights. I just like the idea you guys charge their plastic when anything comes to doubt.

I can see Friz answering the phone when they call to claim bogus charges.

"Go ahead and start your dispute Sir."
http://www.dogdaysofsommer.com/phone_dog.jpg

nutz4c4
05-25-2012, 6:03pm
:iagree:

I know there are no reservations left. We hope you bring us a great story Tuesday morning. Lets hope nobody swap tires, batteries or headlights. I just like the idea you guys charge their plastic when anything comes to doubt.

I can see Friz answering the phone when they call to claim bogus charges.

"Go ahead and start your dispute Sir."
http://www.dogdaysofsommer.com/phone_dog.jpg

:rofl:

DukeAllen
05-25-2012, 6:27pm
Woohoo I started my weekend off with my first ever warning by Harry Callahan. I feel like a grown up now:rofl:

Frizlefrak
05-25-2012, 7:05pm
Woohoo I started my weekend off with my first ever warning by Harry Callahan. I feel like a grown up now:rofl:

Congrats on being deflowered. Here's to many more...... :cert:

Frizlefrak
05-25-2012, 7:11pm

Not so much mine, but the local market agencies will be very busy. People can avoid some of the massive airport taxes by renting at the agencies. We feed the cars to them, so our busy time is the three days leading up to the weekend getting them stocked up with the right fleet. We've been sold out of minivans and large SUV's for weeks already.

The Memorial day crowd doesn't generally swap tires etc....but what they are famous for is wrecking cars (usually scuffing up bumpers, etc) and claiming the damage was already there. Tough nuts.....they should have inspected it before they took it. 99% of the time they're lying....the other 1%, they just learned a tough life lesson.

DukeAllen
05-25-2012, 7:19pm
Congrats on being deflowered. Here's to many more...... :cert:

I feel so cheap, will everyone still respect me?:D

Taurus
05-25-2012, 8:08pm

No................:D

PLRX
05-25-2012, 8:34pm

No................:D

my 2 cents

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0910/cheap-whores-cheap-whores-kissing-booth-demotivational-poster-1255050722.jpg

No respect, but we do like you.

DukeAllen
05-25-2012, 9:08pm
my 2 cents

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0910/cheap-whores-cheap-whores-kissing-booth-demotivational-poster-1255050722.jpg

No respect, but we do like you.

Thanks but no matter what you offer I aint kissing you:D

C4fan
05-25-2012, 9:11pm
Well Bill, I'm thinking so far you're having the most fun. Have you got rid of that nasty Okie/Limey accent yet?:D

Thats funny you asked that, living in the southwest for the last 40 some years the spanish language has been burned into my brain (even though I can't really speak it). When we were in Paris and one who believes in attempting to speak in the native language I consistently kept saying 'Si' when asked a question.

Wathen1955
05-26-2012, 12:01am
No special plans, but I just received my renewal license for the vette and it says I need a smog check. So that will be what I'm doing tomorrow. Cost for license renewal: $135. The smog certificate will probably cost me $50+. Last time it passed with no problems.

Sweet 90
05-26-2012, 12:14am
Thats funny you asked that, living in the southwest for the last 40 some years the spanish language has been burned into my brain (even though I can't really speak it). When we were in Paris and one who believes in attempting to speak in the native language I consistently kept saying 'Si' when asked a question.

Well Bill, if you ever go to Port Aransas TX, there is this little fresh fish store. When the guy behind the counter (his name is Chuck) asks you a question, answer with Oui Oui, he'll show you his shot gun, the business end of it.(long but a very funny story):lolsmile::lolsmile:

Sweet 90
05-26-2012, 12:15am
No special plans, but I just received my renewal license for the vette and it says I need a smog check. So that will be what I'm doing tomorrow. Cost for license renewal: $135. The smog certificate will probably cost me $50+. Last time it passed with no problems.

I'm so glad that we don't have that here. Good luck:seasix:

Frizlefrak
05-26-2012, 12:36am

Yikes....$50 for smog? I thought we were bad here. I had Marco smogged today, cost $26.50. It was only expired by a year......:leaving:

Wathen1955
05-26-2012, 12:54am
Yikes....$50 for smog? I thought we were bad here. I had Marco smogged today, cost $26.50. It was only expired by a year......:leaving:Every other year I need a smog, and I'm guessing on the cost. I bet it will be more.

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
05-26-2012, 4:52am
Every other year I need a smog, and I'm guessing on the cost. I bet it will be more.

We have smog checks every other year up here too, but I guess I'm off the radar now-my heap is too old for the checks. (25 + years are exempt). Mixed feelings-Nice to be free but my baby's gettin' old!

Frizlefrak
05-26-2012, 9:03am
Every other year I need a smog, and I'm guessing on the cost. I bet it will be more.

Every other year isn't so bad I guess.....reduces the cost a bit. We have to do ours annually.

C4fan
05-26-2012, 9:05am
Yikes....$50 for smog? I thought we were bad here. I had Marco smogged today, cost $26.50. It was only expired by a year......:leaving:

Wow, when did TX go to smog check? When we were there it was only an inspection.

C4fan
05-26-2012, 9:10am
Well Bill, if you ever go to Port Aransas TX, there is this little fresh fish store. When the guy behind the counter (his name is Chuck) asks you a question, answer with Oui Oui, he'll show you his shot gun, the business end of it.(long but a very funny story):lolsmile::lolsmile:

Well, I've been to Port Aransas (long time ago) but luckily never met the wee wee guy.:D

Frizlefrak
05-26-2012, 9:31am
Wow, when did TX go to smog check? When we were there it was only an inspection.

Only the large cities do it, but for as long as I can remember. I believe Houston, DFW, Austin, El Paso, and San Antonio are the only ones that do emissions testing.

TxDPS - VI Emission Testing (http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/vi/consumerinfo/emissionTesting.htm)

Wathen1955
05-26-2012, 12:39pm
Good for another 2 years:

HC (PPM)
@15mphMAX:52AVG: 9MEAS:12
@ 25mphMAX:36AVG: 6MEAS: 6

CO(%)
@15mphMAX:0.49AVG:0.03MEAS:0.01
@25mphMAX:0.47AVG:0.03MEAS:0.00

NO(ppm)
@15mphMAX:424AVG:67MEAS:0.0199
@25mphMAX:711AVG:62MEAS:0107

Since she is approaching 100,000 miles, I probably should pull one of the spark plugs to see what they might look like. I have no idea there condition. I bought the car used 3 years ago, and they have never been looked at. Good news is I still get 30+ mph going 70-80 on the freeways, and about 23-26 mpg going to work with stop lights along the way.

PLRX
05-26-2012, 1:10pm
Ghost's registration is due in July and I haven't receive my DMV notice yet. It is the smog year for it as well. The Ghost is pushing the envelope I got to ensure those cats are extremely hot.

DukeAllen
05-26-2012, 1:25pm
Woohoo mine is due every year but I get an exemption for both it's age and not driving it over 5k a year.:D

Wathen1955
05-26-2012, 4:56pm
Ghost's registration is due in July and I haven't receive my DMV notice yet. It is the smog year for it as well. The Ghost is pushing the envelope I got to ensure those cats are extremely hot.Pete. Go to the Shell station at the corner of Florida and Standford. I watched the guy and they really don't look at the components that close. They pop the hood and the guy must have spent 30 seconds or so looking at the motor and closed the hood. They also told me while I was waiting for the car already in the stall, to let it run at idle to heat up the cats.

Costs @ Shell:
$49.94
$8.25
Total: $58.20

My noticed said, "SMOG Certificate Required at a Test Only or Gold Shield station". That Shell station is certified for that. This is the second year in a row they've done the vette.

mike100
05-26-2012, 6:12pm
I noticed your upper NOx limit for 25mph was 711. Must be the zip code you live in...either that or they started loosening limits just a touch. My last check was tighter numbers than that...both around 400-500 ppm NOx.

you may have mixed the numbers up, the lower speeds usually produce more oxides of nitrogen.???

Wathen1955
05-26-2012, 8:07pm
I noticed your upper NOx limit for 25mph was 711. Must be the zip code you live in...either that or they started loosening limits just a touch. My last check was tighter numbers than that...both around 400-500 ppm NOx.

you may have mixed the numbers up, the lower speeds usually produce more oxides of nitrogen.???I thought I copied them correctly. Below is a scan of the numbers.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg70/Wathen1955/smog.jpg

mike100
05-26-2012, 9:22pm
I thought I copied them correctly. Below is a scan of the numbers.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg70/Wathen1955/smog.jpg

well either way, that is the first time in a LONG time I have seen a 90's car with a NOx limit in the 700's...easy-squeazy

WW7
05-27-2012, 6:57am
I really feel sorry for you guys having to do that emissions crap every year or 2... I take my Vette down to the local repair shop , they look at my Vette, check the lights, hit the horn ,then slap a sticker on the windshield and Im on my merry way till next year..The whole process takes about 5 minites and costs $12.00.. :D...WW

C4fan
05-27-2012, 9:33am
I really feel sorry for you guys having to do that emissions crap every year or 2... I take my Vette down to the local repair shop , they look at my Vette, check the lights, hit the horn ,then slap a sticker on the windshield and Im on my merry way till next year..The whole process takes about 5 minites and costs $12.00.. :D...WW

As of now we don't even have that.:dance: Only problem is if/when they do decide to get on board what will they do about all the cars that have been modded and emissions eliminated.:confused5:

WW7
05-27-2012, 10:02am
As of now we don't even have that.:dance: Only problem is if/when they do decide to get on board what will they do about all the cars that have been modded and emissions eliminated.:confused5:

If they do change your state over to doing emissions your car may be old enough that you can get exempt from the emissions test, or maybe they will have a Grandfather clause exempting your car.....Hopefully...:seasix:...WW

Wathen1955
05-27-2012, 12:54pm
Don't hold your breath WW...I would not be surprised if other states follow CA as a means to generate $$$.

PLRX
05-27-2012, 9:36pm
Don't hold your breath WW...I would not be surprised if other states follow CA as a means to generate $$$.

Arnold for WV governor!! :seasix:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0c/SchwarzeneggerJan2010.jpg/220px-SchwarzeneggerJan2010.jpg

C4fan
05-27-2012, 10:21pm
If they do change your state over to doing emissions your car may be old enough that you can get exempt from the emissions test, or maybe they will have a Grandfather clause exempting your car.....Hopefully...:seasix:...WW

Hopefully you're correct about the C4. Although, the 07 has also been modded with headers. I did opt for the HiFlo cats but I'm not sure how much good that would do if they decided to get silly with it. Oh well I guess I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Taurus
05-28-2012, 3:42pm
The Mighty Taurus is done creating this weekend. the grass is growing, the flowers are flowering, the bubblers are bubbling, the fountains are fountaining and the deck is decking........ I'm done.:leaving:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/81vette4me/yard1.png

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/81vette4me/yard2.png

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/81vette4me/yard3.png

Sweet 90
05-28-2012, 3:45pm
The Mighty Taurus is done creating this weekend. the grass is growing, the flowers are flowering, the bubblers are bubbling, the fountains are fountianing and the deck is decking........ I'm done.:leaving:

And on the seventh day TMT looked down on what he had done and it was good, so he cracked a beer:D
Looking good Jon, "Barn Party ON The Deck!!":cert:

Taurus
05-28-2012, 3:50pm
And on the seventh day TMT looked down on what he had done and it was good, so he cracked a beer:D
Looking good Jon, "Barn Party ON The Deck!!":cert:

No party left in me today, but if you guys ever come this way, it's all yours and the mancave to boot;

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/81vette4me/Mancave008.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/81vette4me/DSCN0877-1.jpg

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
05-28-2012, 3:56pm
VERY comfy digs, Jon! House arrest would be a pleasure there! :rofl:

I see a 2-car garage, where do you park all the rest of your herd?

Sweet 90
05-28-2012, 3:56pm
No party left in me today, but if you guys ever come this way, it's all yours and the mancave to boot;

Can we even take the plastic off of the pool table if we promise to keep Friz outside?:D

Taurus
05-28-2012, 4:26pm
Can we even take the plastic off of the pool table if we promise to keep Friz outside?:D

:rofl::rofl:

Taurus
05-28-2012, 4:34pm
VERY comfy digs, Jon! House arrest would be a pleasure there! :rofl:

I see a 2-car garage, where do you park all the rest of your herd?

Not much of a herd left. The C5 is at a dealership with a customer of mine who's showing it to a customer of his and the C3 is in a relatives whse/shop in pieces. The Charger and the Tuscon will go in the garage until I find a C4 or move the 81 back to the house. The 81 may be a problem with the HOA because we don't allow inoperable vehicles to be stored in the HOA area which is why it's not here already. The C5 may be gone as early as tomorrow.:(

Frizlefrak
05-28-2012, 6:49pm
What's all that green stuff in the front yard, and what did you do with the rocks? :rofl:

We'd kill here for a lawn that looked like that. I had it one year.....EPWU sent me a nastygram regarding my water usage and threatened to fine me. We had it all rocked in shortly after. No water, no mowing, no bullshit whatsoever. One pine tree in the front and one giant Spanish Dagger next to it. That's the sum total of what's growing. I water the pine, nature waters the dagger twice a year and it's happy. BTW....it poked me in the ass once when I was painting the house and drew blood. VERY hostile plant. I'll get pics of it soon. :lol:

Taurus
05-28-2012, 7:18pm
VERY hostile plant. I'll get pics of it soon. :lol:

I had that landscaping when I lived in Phoenix. I was assaulted by a plant or two there as well.:D

Thanks all for the compliments, but I'm shocked how under control you've been. I know you all noticed the rockers on the porch but no one said anything. The Mighty Taurus thanks you for that.

Sweet 90
05-28-2012, 7:22pm
What's all that green stuff in the front yard, and what did you do with the rocks? :rofl:

We'd kill here for a lawn that looked like that. I had it one year.....EPWU sent me a nastygram regarding my water usage and threatened to fine me. We had it all rocked in shortly after. No water, no mowing, no bullshit whatsoever. One pine tree in the front and one giant Spanish Dagger next to it. That's the sum total of what's growing. I water the pine, nature waters the dagger twice a year and it's happy. BTW....it poked me in the ass once when I was painting the house and drew blood. VERY hostile plant. I'll get pics of it soon. :lol:

The Spanish Dagger is now my new favourite plant:rofl:

five-oh
05-28-2012, 7:24pm

I had that landscaping when I lived in Phoenix. I was assaulted by a plant or two there as well.:D

Thanks all for the compliments, but I'm shocked how under control you've been. I know you all noticed the rockers on the porch but no one said anything. The Mighty Taurus thanks you for that.

I figured one tornado a day my way is enough. Any more, and poor Bill would never leave his storm cellar.:rofl:

Well, that and my slow dial up just now let me see the pic. :D

five-oh
05-28-2012, 7:26pm
The Spanish Dagger is now my new favourite plant:rofl:

Mine too... In fact, I think I'll go to the nursery tomorrow and see if I can find one, in case the dog ever wanders up thisaway..:D

Sweet 90
05-28-2012, 7:29pm
Mine too... In fact, I think I'll go to the nursery tomorrow and see if I can find one, in case the dog ever wanders up thisaway..:D

I don't think I've seen them here. Would you mind picking up about a dozen or so for me Bobby:D

PLRX
05-28-2012, 8:05pm
Good stuff in the History Channel!!

DukeAllen
05-28-2012, 8:13pm

I was taught to be polite to my elders:D

Frizlefrak
05-28-2012, 8:23pm
I don't think I've seen them here. Would you mind picking up about a dozen or so for me Bobby:D

He can't. He's already figured out he can make 'Shine from the juice..... :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Taurus
05-28-2012, 8:52pm

Thanks..............

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/81vette4me/mi_rocking_14.gif

Iron Chef
05-28-2012, 9:14pm
OK...so why weren't any of you clowns at BR II huh?

A few very nice C4's there.

Lazy bastages.... :kimblair:

Sweet 90
05-28-2012, 9:18pm

The degenerates here told me that no Canadians were allowed. Are you saying this could have been a lie?:lol:

Taurus
05-28-2012, 9:30pm

C4 Generation, doesn't that say enough? Most couldn't make it all the way there:D

five-oh
05-28-2012, 9:35pm
C4 Generation, doesn't that say enough? Most couldn't make it all the way there:D

At least we are comfortable sitting in it waiting on the rollback...:D

PLRX
05-28-2012, 9:37pm
I wanted to go, but It was out of the way.

Iron Chef
05-28-2012, 9:37pm
Lemme tell you something...for BR III, I'm bringing my ZR-1! :seasix:

Taurus
05-28-2012, 9:38pm
At least we are comfortable sitting in it waiting on the rollback...:D

Traveling in style.................

Makes the Miata look pretty good eh?

five-oh
05-28-2012, 9:47pm
Traveling in style.................

Makes the Miata look pretty good eh?

I don't know, Jon....the grief I keep getting from the Canadians over my short indescretion with a Miata has got me feeling that I'd have been better off buying a Pinto...:lol:

Sweet 90
05-28-2012, 9:58pm
I don't know, Jon....the grief I keep getting from the Canadians over my short indescretion with a Miata has got me feeling that I'd have been better off buying a Pinto...:lol:

Bobby, to be truthful, I'm thinking there isn't a car you could buy to sink you any lower. Well there is the SMART car, no you wouldn't, would you?.:lol:

five-oh
05-28-2012, 10:02pm
Bobby, to be truthful, I'm thinking there isn't a car you could buy to sink you any lower. Well there is the SMART car, no you wouldn't, would you?.:lol:

No. Never. .....Well,wait a minute.... there IS that convertible version in that incredibly attractive shade of fuschia...:lol:

DukeAllen
05-28-2012, 10:04pm
Get a classic VW rabbit convertible.:D

Sweet 90
05-28-2012, 10:04pm
No. Never. .....Well,wait a minute.... there IS that convertible version in that incredibly attractive shade of fuschia...:lol:

You will be shot, and no jury in the world would ever convict me.:D

five-oh
05-28-2012, 10:06pm
You will be shot, and no jury in the world would ever convict me.:D

It'd be a mercy killing, no doubt. :D

I'd make sure I had a bumper sticker on it too---"Kiss me, I'm Canadian." :rofl:

Sweet 90
05-28-2012, 10:11pm
It'd be a mercy killing, no doubt. :D

I'd make sure I had a bumper sticker on it too---"Kiss my ass America, I'm a Liberal Canadian." :rofl:

Fixed.
If you're gonna go down, may as well go big:rofl:

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
05-28-2012, 11:40pm
Well there is the SMART car, no you wouldn't, would you?.:lol:

Smart-On-Steroids.....Needs a photochop maple leaf..

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx256/realbunky/smart-tank.jpg

Taurus
05-29-2012, 12:39am
Smart-On-Steroids.....Needs a photochop maple leaf..

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx256/realbunky/smart-tank.jpg

It can replace the Iron Cross.:rofl:

PLRX
05-29-2012, 8:05am
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/plrx/COOL/CanadaSUSV.jpg

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
05-29-2012, 2:08pm
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/plrx/COOL/CanadaSUSV.jpg

Once again Proffessor Chop rises to the ocassion! Perfect, Pete!:seasix:

Sweet 90
05-29-2012, 2:23pm
Once again Proffessor Chop rises to the ocassion! Perfect, Pete!:seasix:

Yeah, I had to know that was coming:seasix:

PLRX
05-29-2012, 7:20pm
Yeah, I had to know that was coming:seasix:

Come on Sweet, its Barn love :dance::seasix:

DukeAllen
05-29-2012, 9:20pm
Come on Sweet, its Barn love :dance::seasix:

Barn love? That explains it.
http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2009/11/funny-pictures-cat-blackmails-you.jpg