PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Catch: Former Deckboss on the Wizard battling flesh eating bacteria

DJ_Critterus
05-25-2012, 8:48am
Former 'Deadliest Catch' boat deck boss battling flesh eating bacteria, report says | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/05/24/former-deadliest-catch-boat-deck-boss-battling-flesh-eating-bacteria-report/?intcmp=features)

The former deck boss of one of the boats featured on “Deadliest Catch” has been battling the deadly flesh eating bacteria necrotizing fasciitis, according to a report from King5.com news.

Michael “Bear” Rogers, who worked on “Deadliest Catch” boat the “Wizard” does not know where he contracted the deadly bacteria, but it has already cost him his leg. He has been battling complications from the strain since 2002.

“They said, ‘Mrs. Rogers, we may have to take both legs up to his hip,” his wife Cheri told NWCN.

“I’m glad to be alive,” Roger said.

In 2002, the first sign of a problem was leg pain. Three days later, he was in the hospital with kidney failure.

“I told the nurse I wanted to save my leg and that I would do anything they needed me to do, just don’t cut it off,” Rogers said. But unbeknownst to him, the doctors had already been forced to cut it off when he was unconscious.

“If he had waited until after the Thanksgiving holiday, he might not have made it,” his daughter Amanda said.

For ten years, Rogers, now 59, has been forced to frequently visit doctors’ offices to guard against infections.

Read more: Former 'Deadliest Catch' boat deck boss battling flesh eating bacteria, report says | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/05/24/former-deadliest-catch-boat-deck-boss-battling-flesh-eating-bacteria-report/?intcmp=features#ixzz1vtBYmMk8)

Thud
05-25-2012, 9:12am
It's been going on for 10 years now? :willy:

NEVRL8T
05-25-2012, 9:24am
One of the greenhorns on the Wizard had a seizure or something on a couple of episodes back and didn't look to be doing well at all. They still haven't said what happened to him but it looked very bad.

Sea Six
05-25-2012, 11:12am
Do NOT perform a Google image search for necrotizing fasciitis.

:nono:

Craig
05-25-2012, 12:01pm

Noted.

kylebuck
05-25-2012, 3:54pm

challenge accepted