PDA

View Full Version : Geneology Is Fun

MrPeabody
05-24-2012, 7:43pm
My wife studies our families and has found out quite a bit I never knew.

I knew I had a great uncle who owned a saloon in the 30s and 40s. He died in '44, so I never knew him. My wife found a newspaper article from the 30s about him being arrested for selling liquor on Sunday, which was illegal at the time. But that's not the worst of it. According to the article, he was selling it to "a group of Negroes" who were also arrested.:shots:

Blademaker
05-24-2012, 8:28pm
My Aunt did a lotta diggin' in our family tree.
She shouldn't had done that.
You're looking at the end product of a buncha f*ck ups that included carpet baggers, nazi's, and horse thieves.
A great uncle was snuffed during a bank robbery.
Problem was, he was the one robbing the bank and a guard popped a cap in his ass.

boracayjohnny
05-24-2012, 8:51pm
You're looking at the end product of a buncha f*ck ups that included carpet baggers, nazi's, and horse thieves.
Problem was, he was the one robbing the bank and a guard popped a cap in his ass.

Ahhhh, the ole Darwin Awards before Darwin Awards ruse.

Rotorhead
05-24-2012, 8:59pm
Most of my family tree ends about the same time as the civil war.

JRD77VET
05-24-2012, 9:00pm

Coming from a very conservative Mennonite back round, I was extremely shocked to find one of ancestors was hanged for stealing horses back in the early 1800's. When I pointed this out to my grandmother, she stated very firmly it was obvious he married into the family. :rofl:

island14
05-25-2012, 1:56am
My great great grandfather was shot and killed in church during a gunfight.

Guess he didn't have to go far to the cemetery to be buried? :island14:

Sea Six
05-25-2012, 4:06am
I'm the seventh cousin twice removed from Benjamin Harrison V, a signer of the Declaration of Independence.

Benjamin Harrison V - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

His son and great-grandson were both Presidents of the United States.

thegreenman
05-25-2012, 7:01pm
I started research a couple months ago, I am finding out it is very addictive doing research. Found ancestors in Revolutionary War and Civil War. My Dads side I am back to 1700’s, Mothers side back to 1500’s. I am gathering information to pass onto my boys for them to pass on.

carlton_fritz
05-25-2012, 7:03pm
My grandmother had records showing her a direct descendant of Count Hiram Waltman of Bavaria.

78SA
05-25-2012, 7:34pm
I'm the seventh cousin twice removed from Benjamin Harrison V, a signer of the Declaration of Independence.

Benjamin Harrison V - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Harrison_V)

His son and great-grandson were both Presidents of the United States.

I'm related to Abe Lincoln through Mary Todd. :seasix:

Giraffe (He/Him)
05-25-2012, 7:40pm
Most of my family tree ends about the same time as the civil war.

Your family tree is a wreath.

lspencer534
05-25-2012, 7:59pm
I found out that my family Coat-of-Arms ties in the back.

JRD77VET
05-25-2012, 8:03pm
I found out that my family Coat-of-Arms ties in the back.

You must related to my late Aunt Thelma ( married my great uncle ). My mom always said how much more calm she was after electro shock :leaving:

lspencer534
05-25-2012, 8:05pm
You must related to my late Aunt Thelma ( married my great uncle ). My mom always said how much more calm she was after electro shock :leaving:

We all loved Aunt Thelma! She...uh...lit up the room.