PDA

View Full Version : Autocross WILL happen!!! Volunteers: Your schedule has changed!!! Check here!!!

NEED-A-VETTE
05-24-2012, 12:10pm
As many of you know, we had a last minute cancellation that threatened the viability of the autocross event. It looked like the event would not go forward.

Thanks to all the people who stepped up to volunteer, and also those that verified participation, the autocross WILL NOT be cancelled.

However...

There is a change in the autocross schedule for the volunteers. Volunteers that are helping run the autocross event need to be there at 8:00 AM, not 8:45 AM (as listed on the NCM online schedule). If you ARE volunteering, you will need to be there early to help with set up, get instructions, etc.

Arrival times:
If you are volunteering to help run the track = 8:00 AM
If you are a participant only = 8:45 AM (for driver's meeting)
If you're spectating only = Whenever...racing starts @ 9:00 AM

Here is a list of the people that have volunteered to help out so far (some are participants, some are not):

Datawiz
Simpleman68
RedLS1GTO
VetteBoy1979
Loco Vette
GRN ENVY
PortDawg

If you have any questions, check this (http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/off-topic/34632-br-ii-autocrossers-please-respond.html) thread to see if we've already addressed it.

Thanks, everyone, for stepping up.

Datawiz
05-24-2012, 12:25pm
Thanks for all of your hard work Sandy! :hurray:

NEED-A-VETTE
05-24-2012, 12:29pm

You're very welcome. Thanks for volunteering. :cheers:

NEED-A-VETTE
05-24-2012, 3:18pm
TTT for afternoon crew. :cheers:

kingpin
05-24-2012, 4:00pm
Yeah really nice of you to help out like this Sandy. :seasix:

Any more pics of the short haired blond sister. :leaving:

Datawiz
05-24-2012, 4:08pm
Why isn't DDECART on the autocross list? :toetap:

simpleman68
05-24-2012, 4:24pm

:iagree: :cert:
Scott

NEED-A-VETTE
05-24-2012, 4:32pm
Why isn't DDECART on the autocross list? :toetap:

He's participating (http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/668848-post30.html) in the event, but I'm not sure he's going to work the track. I'm sure he'll end up helping out, though. :D

NEED-A-VETTE
05-24-2012, 4:41pm
Yeah really nice of you to help out like this Sandy. :seasix:

Any more pics of the short haired blond sister. :leaving:

:rofl:

Don't get greedy on me. Between the three of them, I posted like 80 pics of them all yesterday. :toetap: I think I'm fresh out right now, anyhow. Not really, I'm just being lazy. :leaving:

Be patient, though. I'll have more pics in a few months. All four of us are flying into AZ to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday. Julie from texas, Amy from Wisconsin, Sarah from Michigan and me from LA. (Sarah is the only one that still lives in the state we grew up in.)

No small children allowed. It's gonna be fun. ;) Muahahahaha. :D

:iagree: :cert:
Scott

:cheers:

Loco Vette
05-24-2012, 6:46pm
Thanks for all this, Sandy!

I take it the NCM is insuring this event?

Who is the HMFIC?

NEED-A-VETTE
05-24-2012, 7:18pm
Thanks for all this, Sandy!

Not a problem. I just didn't want to see it get cancelled.

I take it the NCM is insuring this event?

These are the answers I got yesterday:

NCM will provide all equipment.
At this point they do have a member of the Nashville Corvette Club coming to help us with the timing issues – IF – we have at least 10-12 cars participating.
It is still considered an NCM sponsored event – they have a very good relationship with Trace Diecast and they let them use their parking lot.
They will have NCM staff there in charge of the event so they have the liability and insurance issues covered.
In order to volunteer AND/OR run in the autocross, you must be registered for BRII.

When registering for the overall Barn Raising event, there was a release of liability waiver that everyone had to accept in order to register. The waiver covers all of the events sponsored by the NCM, including the autocross. Therefore, anyone that has not registered for BR has not agreed to the waiver, they aren't covered under the NCM insurance (for the events that they're running) and cannot race or volunteer.

Who is the HMFIC?

The NCM is in charge/taking the lead and just needs volunteers to help run it. I'm not sure of their level of experience in running the autocross, but it sounds as if they've done it at this location several times.

simpleman68
05-25-2012, 1:23am
Sweet! Thanks for the update. We just rolled into West Virginny for some sleep.
See you kids tomorrow afternoon ~4ish :cert:
Scott

GRN ENVY
05-25-2012, 9:29am
Sweet can't wait