PDA

View Full Version : Looking at honeymoon locations...

bryanZ06
05-21-2012, 5:53pm
Any suggestions? We are thinking Costa Rica sounds nice, but aren't sure. Anywhere else VBOT thinks we should check into?

BTW We've been to St. Kitts, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, St. Lucia, Barbados, and Puerto Rico. We would like to try someplace new to us.

lspencer534
05-21-2012, 5:59pm
Any suggestions? We are thinking Costa Rica sounds nice, but aren't sure. Anywhere else VBOT thinks we should check into?

BTW We've been to St. Kitts, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, St. Lucia, Barbados, and Puerto Rico. We would like to try someplace new to us.

Caneel Bay on St. Johns. Money is no object, right?

simpleman68
05-21-2012, 6:10pm

Seems like you're sticking to tropical locales. We've been to the same places as you folks and enjoyed all of them. Just got back from St. Lucia and got to see some of the 21st annual Jazz Festival.

Which one to hit; depends on what you want out of your honeymoon and what you two like to do. Do you want a relaxing hang out on the beach getaway, or more of an adventure deal with zip lines and forest hikes?

I would steer clear of the Caribbean until rainy season is over and before late August. The locals are all predicting an early hurricane season.

Curacao and Bonaire are the next places on our list and we've heard nothing but great things about those two places.
Scott

MrPeabody
05-21-2012, 6:14pm
For a change of pace - California wine country. Napa and Sonoma counties. Hot springs, massages, mud baths, dinner on the Napa wine train. Side trip to San Francisco (one hour away) great restaurants, entertainment, fabulous hotels in both places.:seasix:

Jeff '79
05-21-2012, 6:36pm
Cabo San Lucas, St Marteen or Maui would be ok with me. I went to Maui for my honey moon, and it was great... St. Marteen is great, and Cabo is a blast.... Have fun making that choice....I'm sure that anywhere you choose will be just fine though..:seasix:

C5Nate
05-21-2012, 6:56pm
Friend of mine owns this, she did a great job on our 25th annv. to Hawaii, my Son's honeymoon to Florida and many others I know.

Honeymoon-Hideaways by Travelsource (http://www.honeymoon-hideaways.com/)

Montehall
05-21-2012, 7:04pm
Point Hope, AK.

Allan
05-21-2012, 9:34pm
For a change of pace - California wine country. Napa and Sonoma counties. Hot springs, massages, mud baths, dinner on the Napa wine train. Side trip to San Francisco (one hour away) great restaurants, entertainment, fabulous hotels in both places.:seasix:

I've been to about every place mentioned.

:iagree:

bryanZ06
05-22-2012, 12:19am

:seasix:

I mentioned this to my fiance and she seemed to like the idea as much as I do. We might do this and make it a two part trip. Start off with a few days in wine country and then spend a few days in Vegas or somewhere else interesting to finish it off before flying back to Atlanta.

Thanks for posting up something neither one of us would have thought of.

NEED-A-VETTE
05-22-2012, 12:38am
I like Santa Ynez and Los Olivos for wine. Not quite as touristy. Santa Barbara is nearby. Hit up Cold Spring Tavern on Saturday or Sunday for live entertainment and lunch. It's an old stage coach stop.

Head up the coast. Cambria is a nice sleepy town for relaxing and beach sunsets. Big Sur, etc.

Fly into Burbank for less hassle and drive up the coast.

island14
05-22-2012, 12:42am
Bantayan Island in the Philippines is laid back out of the way Tropical Island you might enjoy :seasix:

Bantayan Island - Bantayan Island's Original #1 Online Travel Resource (http://wowbantayan.com/wowhome/)

The airfare would be the biggest cost, the cost of staying and food is pretty cheap after you get here.. :yesnod:

And if you make it over let me know, I will have a cold San Miguel beer waiting for you on ice..

:cert:

NEED-A-VETTE
05-22-2012, 1:01am
Btw, what time of year are you planning this trip?

bryanZ06
05-22-2012, 6:21am
Bantayan Island in the Philippines is laid back out of the way Tropical Island you might enjoy :seasix:

Bantayan Island - Bantayan Island's Original #1 Online Travel Resource (http://wowbantayan.com/wowhome/)

The airfare would be the biggest cost, the cost of staying and food is pretty cheap after you get here.. :yesnod:

And if you make it over let me know, I will have a cold San Miguel beer waiting for you on ice..

:cert:

Sounds good to me! :seasix:

Btw, what time of year are you planning this trip?

Late fall.