PDA

View Full Version : I didn't get the job

GRN ENVY
04-19-2012, 2:22pm
Received this moments ago:

Marcus,

I would like to take this time to thank you for your interest in the Operational Staffing Interviewer position. Although your credentials were impressive, we have decided to pursue other candidates whose skills and experience most closely meet the overall qualifications for the position.

We encourage you to continue checking our website for further employment opportunities with Universal Orlando Resorts. Once again, thank you for your time and best of luck to you in all of your future endeavors.

Stangkiller
04-19-2012, 2:24pm
Sorry dude!

Blademaker
Damn........

Burnt C6
Sorry to hear that Marcus. at least they let you know

kingpin
04-19-2012, 2:25pm
:sadangel:

Datawiz

Sounds like the boiler-plate crap I received from the NY company. :sadangel:

Sea Six
Better luck next time. :angel:

RonC5
:(

VatorMan
04-19-2012, 2:26pm
Keep on plugging. The right jerb is out there.

xXBUDXx
04-19-2012, 2:26pm
If you want, I can drive down and teach them how to jump rope? I can work on their taste in music, later.

kylebuck
04-19-2012, 2:27pm
burn that mother****er to the ground.... :leaving:

Blademaker
04-19-2012, 2:29pm
If you want, I can drive down and teach them how to jump rope? I can work on their taste in music, later.

You, Sir......are on a roll........:rofl:

Nemesis
04-19-2012, 2:29pm
We encourage you to continue checking our website for further employment opportunities with Universal Orlando Resorts. Once again, thank you for your time and best of luck to you in all of your future endeavors.

That's rough. Those sites never work right. Hope you find something else soon.

DropTheTop
04-19-2012, 2:30pm
Better luck next time.

For now, have a :datawiz:

:cert:

GRN ENVY
04-19-2012, 2:34pm
I really don't get employers any more. When I was a retail manager at Nautica I did exactly what the universal position requires. Interviewing candidates processing them and if need be sending out the offer letter. I did that for my past job. This is not the news I want going into finals. I am incredibly mad, disappointed, etc right now

Nemesis
04-19-2012, 2:36pm
I really don't get employers any more. When I was a retail manager at Nautica I did exactly what the universal position requires. Interviewing candidates processing them and if need be sending out the offer letter. I did that for my past job. This is not the news I want going into finals. I am incredibly mad, disappointed, etc right now

I hear ya....

Then there's the ones that want 10 years of experience at the pay rate of a recent grad.

kylebuck
04-19-2012, 2:38pm

Capitalism, spend the least you can , and charge the most you can for it.

wwomanC6
04-19-2012, 2:42pm
That sucks! Hang in there and keep trying you'll find a good one!

dwjz06
04-19-2012, 2:45pm
Sorry Marcus. Keep your head up, and keep looking man.:cert:

NEVRL8T
04-19-2012, 2:46pm
It's their loss, Marcus. We have faith!

VatorMan
04-19-2012, 2:50pm
As Universal is a large corporation, you might have run into the gender/minority thing. The hiring authority might have gotten overruled by HR.

GRN ENVY
04-19-2012, 2:53pm
I still have three other possibilities that I have been in contact with, just got off the phone with two preliminary phone interviews, one at my old job for teaching tennis, it's literally pulling teeth to get an acceptable amount of hours, another possible job at a resort helping with the guests at the front desk, as well as a possible assistant position at a engineering company.

Let us hope one of these pan out

jaxgator
04-19-2012, 2:56pm
Bummer! Sorry to hear that Marcus. Hang in there and keep trying. You'll find a good job before you know it.

MEC5LADY
04-19-2012, 2:57pm
Sorry to hear. I'd give you some crap cliche about when one door closes another opens but I have found that going through the window works better.:datawiz:

syf350
04-19-2012, 3:10pm
well that blows

GRN ENVY
04-19-2012, 3:13pm
well that blows

Yep

NB2K
04-19-2012, 3:27pm
Keep sawing wood.

You are young and there will be brighter days ahead.

78SA
04-19-2012, 3:54pm
Must be liberals.

8Up
04-19-2012, 3:59pm
Man, I am sorry to hear that. Here's hoping good things come your way.:cert:

jda67gta
04-19-2012, 4:44pm
I still have three other possibilities that I have been in contact with, just got off the phone with two preliminary phone interviews, one at my old job for teaching tennis, it's literally pulling teeth to get an acceptable amount of hours, another possible job at a resort helping with the guests at the front desk, as well as a possible assistant position at a engineering company.

Let us hope one of these pan out

:seasix: It's just a matter of time as long as you keep looking....:yesnod:

Hang in there!

Jeff '79
04-19-2012, 4:47pm
You didn't know shit about that anyway. You would have been miserable... It happened for a reason, that you'll find out soon enough....Good luck with your next attempt.....:cert:

Loco Vette
04-19-2012, 4:51pm
Go upper deck their offices

MikeB
04-19-2012, 5:52pm

Yeah, I know the feeling.
7 hour interview, the result:

Dear Michael:

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us for the Engineering Technician / PCB Designer at BS-BumFck Inc (I added that).We regret to inform you that you are no longer being considered for this position.

We appreciate your interest in BS BumFck (name changed to protect the innocent), Inc., and we wish you success with your current job search.

Sincerely,

Talent Acquisition

Torqaholic
04-19-2012, 6:51pm
If you can wait another 4 years you can have my job :D

OddBall
04-19-2012, 6:53pm
Hang in there.
In another 4 years you can have Torq's job.
Serious.

pappytinker
04-19-2012, 6:57pm

My sympathy for your misfortune.

I am glad that I am not in the market for a job and do not have to compete against others for one that I would want.

I consider myself extremely fortunate that 40 years ago I was in the right place at the right time and applied for the right job. I believe that, all things considered, fate has smiled on me.

Me2
04-19-2012, 6:57pm

Don't sweat it - something good will happen. I was off work for 5 1/2 months and kept getting called in to interview based on my resume, 12 years experience in the industry, phone screen and excellent references from past employers. I kept being told the same things - "we chose someone whose qualifications more closely match what we need", "you've made too much money in your past positions", "blah, blah, blah". I finally had someone call me that wanted me and I couldn't be happier. It's a good fit, the job, the client and my team.

Barkingowl
04-19-2012, 7:02pm
They hired a stripper didn't they...

GRN ENVY
04-19-2012, 7:03pm
If you can wait another 4 years you can have my job :D

And what job may that be? I wish I could wait that long. Kinda need money to pay for school and will need more money to get those student loan to go bye bye.

vtelvr
04-19-2012, 7:08pm
I think that this should be your response:leaving:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to take this opporitunity to reject your rejection letter. I have all of the qualifications that you listed on your for hire advertisement. Please accept this letter as a great, big fcuk off, and please pass this along to your HR department as well.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite your company's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will assume the Operational Staffing Interviewer position in your department this May. I look forward to seeing you then.

Sincerely,

Marcus P Gnome

GRN ENVY
04-19-2012, 7:12pm

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to take this opporitunity to reject your rejection letter. I have all of the qualifications that you listed on your for hire advertisement. Please accept this letter as a great, big fcuk off, and please pass this along to your HR department as well.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite your company's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will assume the Operational Staffing Interviewer position in your department this May. I look forward to seeing you then.

Sincerely,

Marcus P Gnome

:cert:

I am saving that, and want to sent that really bad

Jeff '79
04-19-2012, 7:14pm

Dear Sir or Madam,

Sincerely,

Marcus P Gnome

:Jeff '79: That's funny......:seasix:

boracayjohnny
04-19-2012, 7:28pm
There's a million reasons why they didn't select you. Don't sweat it. They lost a good person and hard worker. Next!

86RAG
04-19-2012, 11:35pm
Well that sucks. Hope one of the other positions pan out for ya :seasix:

Jay13
04-20-2012, 12:05am

Sorry man. But that letter screams of impersonal form-letter-itis. I don't think you have any way of knowing the real reason you were turned down. Could be like Vator said, it could be that someone from Disney with 30 years experience just got "phased out" and doesn't want to work at Walmart, or it could be they read some of your posts here. (:leaving: <-- for that last one).

Go upper deck their offices

No employer with any experience in hiring would allow a toilet having a tank within 100 yards of where applicants (especially ones they don't hire) are allowed to go.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your [letter/e-mail] dated April 20.

Sincerely,

Marcus P Gnome

This is absolutely :rofl:

Obviously, the stuff in red needs to be deleted or you have just vindicated their decision, but I'd absolutely love to know an employer's reaction to receiving this as edited. They might call you to do some comedy writing. :Jeff '79:

Torqaholic
04-20-2012, 3:32am
And what job may that be? I wish I could wait that long. Kinda need money to pay for school and will need more money to get those student loan to go bye bye.

My main job is to convince everyone that I don't exist. So far I am very good at it having dodged a half-dozen downsizings over the last 10 years.

Sorry about your situation. I've been jobless while going to school. I know it's no fun. Was trying to help put a smile on your face.

VatorMan
04-20-2012, 5:24am

Dear Sir or Madam,

Sincerely,

Marcus P Gnome

:rofl:

simpleman68
04-20-2012, 10:13am
Marcus, sorry to hear about this one, but I've no doubt something better will open up if you stay the course. Bright and positive people always "find" good opportunities. :cert:
Scott

GRN ENVY
04-20-2012, 10:16am
Marcus, sorry to hear about this one, but I've no doubt something better will open up if you stay the course. Bright and positive people always "find" good opportunities. :cert:
Scott

I'm not too worried, this was my first choice but I have 4 other job opportunities to choose from. So we will see what the next door opens brings

simpleman68
04-20-2012, 10:19am
I'm not too worried, this was my first choice but I have 4 other job opportunities to choose from. So we will see what the next door opens brings

Yeah man :yesnod:
Scott

onedef92
04-20-2012, 10:26am
Employer Dear John letters suck.... :sad:

Bill
04-20-2012, 4:27pm
Sorry to hear you didn't get the gig. Are you graduating this May?

04 commemorative
04-20-2012, 4:45pm
welcome to the club....sorry for you,keep on trying....I am.

Bingo Fuel
04-20-2012, 5:58pm
Received this moments ago:...

welcome to the club....sorry for you,keep on trying....I am.

Perseverance is key.
Don't let the bastards wear you down! :cert:

American Made
04-20-2012, 6:11pm
Things will turn around soon. Stay positive. :cert: