PDA

View Full Version : Señor Moment: Driver Crosses Into Juarez With More Than 250,000 Rounds Of Ammo

onedef92
04-19-2012, 9:38am
Driver Who Crossed Into Juarez With More Than 250,000 Rounds Of Ammunition Got Lost, Truck Company Boss Says

POSTED: 2:14 pm MDT April 18, 2012
UPDATED: 2:33 pm MDT April 18, 2012

EL PASO, Texas -- Jabin Akeem Bogan, of Dallas trucking company Demco Transportation, was going the wrong way and unable to turn around when he ended up in Juarez on Tuesday, Bogan's boss told ABC-7 exclusively on Wednesday.

His truck was transporting a load of nine palates carrying 2,500 pounds of ammunition from Widener's Shooting Supply in Johnson City, Tenn. to United Nations Ammo Company in Phoenix.

The CEO of Demco Transportation, Dennis Mekenye told ABC-7 he was on the phone with Bogan when the driver said there was no way to turn around the truck before the bridge. Mekenye said Bogan was instructed to cross the border, and then do a u-turn and head back into U.S. soil.

Mekenye said as soon as Bogan crossed over, the truck was searched by Mexican authorities. The load was confiscated and Bogan was arrested.

Mekenye said he is very frightened for the life of his driver who made an honest mistake. He said the driver was merely doing his job – not smuggling ammunition to a Mexican cartel as has been reported by other news outlets.

Bogan is being held for 48 hours by Mexican authorities until it is decided whether or not charges will be filed.

The American Consul has visited Bogan and reports he is frightened but appears to be unharmed.

Mexican authorities are claiming this to be the one of the largest ammo seizures in history.

NEVRL8T
04-19-2012, 9:41am
Everyone with a part of a brain cell knows you cannot transport ammunition or firearms across the Mexican border. I would have stopped that truck in the middle of the road and waited for the police to show up and straighten out the mess and got me headed in the right direction. That driver is an IDIOT.

onedef92
04-19-2012, 9:43am
Talk about an idiot! Can he not read ? How do you wind up in Mexico going to Phoenix?

If memory serves, that highway (I-10?) has these really big SIGNS over the road that tell you where you are going. Maybe he needs glasses or a brain or BOTH.

syf350
04-19-2012, 9:44am
Everyone with a part of a brain cell knows you cannot transport ammunition or firearms across the Mexican border. I would have stopped that truck in the middle of the road and waited for the police to show up and straighten out the mess and got me headed in the right direction. That driver is an IDIOT.

fact. there is a way to not cross, though it woudlnt have been easy. i know exactly where he did this. the biggest question is why he got off at that exit. that exit takes you to 54-north to northeast part of town and on to Alamogordo, or to mexico. Neither of these options would have been on his route to phoenix.

syf350
04-19-2012, 9:45am
Talk about an idiot! Can he not read ? How do you wind up in Mexico going to Phoenix?

If memory serves, that highway (I-10?) has these really big SIGNS over the road that tell you where you are going. Maybe he needs glasses or a brain or BOTH.

signs evens say no firearms i believe...i'll get a pic of it in next day or two if i'm around that way...or maybe it's on google maps... would be about exit 25 or so on I-10

Cybercowboy
04-19-2012, 10:08am
Well, all those Fast and Furious guns were running low on ammo...

Bucwheat
04-19-2012, 10:11am
GPS. :confused5:

syf350
04-19-2012, 10:19am
you can follow the route he took on i-10 and see how much of an effort it took to **** this up. he missed plenty of opportunity to not do what he did, and again should have never been on that exit in the first place. Google maps, traffic view, and the fun starts at exit 22b. get off there, take a left at the fork and continue following the signs to juarez.

Stangkiller
04-19-2012, 10:24am
His Boss encouraged him to cross..who's fault is it now? I wonder if there isn't more to this story.

onedef92
04-19-2012, 10:26am
His Boss encouraged him to cross..who's fault is it now? I wonder if there isn't more to this story.

Sounds like that C.E.O. needs to lose his gig, too.